PDA

View Full Version : Probably moving to Sunshine Coast - need a club

GuyIncognito
8th May 2024, 02:31 PM
Hello all,

Very good chance I'll be moving to Sunshine Coast before the end of the calendar year.

Looking for a club to join, or possibly two clubs. I'll likely be living in the Pelican Beach / Caloundra area but am happy to travel 20-25min for the right course.

Things that are important to me:

* Pennant / Representative golf (the scratch variety)
* Good people who like a beer
* Playing at least Saturday + one comp midweek, ideally 3 rounds per week hence possibly two clubs.

Then, in a perfect world:

* Good course conditioning.

Money not really an object.

Interested in opinions please - thanks in advance!

GI

BobsYourUncle
8th May 2024, 02:48 PM
I'd happily be a member at Maroochy River, but it's a bit outside your travel time from Caloundra. Can't comment on pennant or people, but conditioning was great, and they have comps most days of the week last I checked.

GuyIncognito
8th May 2024, 02:56 PM
hmm i really thought there were more courses in that area...

3Puttpete
8th May 2024, 05:17 PM

There’s a golf club at Pelican Waters

markTHEblake
8th May 2024, 05:38 PM

check out Google maps.

Things that are important to me:

* Pennant / Representative golf (the scratch variety)
* Good people who like a beer
* Playing at least Saturday + one comp midweek, ideally 3 rounds per week hence possibly two clubs.

yes, thats all standard stuff for golf clubs.

You have got a lot of choices between Bribie and Tewantin if you want to drive. Or just join Caloundra and be done with it.
May not be many golf clubs that are open at the moment, so you will have to go on wait lists, its probably not an option to be fussy.

GuyIncognito
8th May 2024, 06:22 PM

Cool I'll check it out - thanks

GuyIncognito
8th May 2024, 06:22 PM
yes, thats all standard stuff for golf clubs.

Not in Sydney...

Sydney Hacker
8th May 2024, 08:16 PM
There’s a golf club at Pelican Waters They don’t do club champs and stuff apparently so that might rule out pennant etc.

markTHEblake
8th May 2024, 10:21 PM
Not in Sydney... Sydney isnt normal

3Puttpete
9th May 2024, 07:52 AM
Sydney isnt normal

You’re not normal

sms316
9th May 2024, 09:35 AM
PW has gone weird since they reopened. Essentially without a membership model. The local residents must be thrilled.

markTHEblake
9th May 2024, 09:36 AM
You’re not normal At least we agree on something

markTHEblake
9th May 2024, 09:37 AM
PW has gone weird since they reopened. Essentially without a membership model. The local residents must be thrilled. I heard its strictly members only track now? (Or is it only for residents of the development)

sms316
9th May 2024, 09:53 AM
I heard its strictly members only track now? (Or is it only for residents of the development)
I think they'll host your handicap but the difference in pricing for a game is $140 v $110.

Sydney Hacker
9th May 2024, 11:20 AM
PW has gone weird since they reopened. Essentially without a membership model. The local residents must be thrilled. I know of one resident who is selling up and moving because of the new model, lots of disquiet about it apparently.