PDA

View Full Version : lIV will buy the PGA in about 4 years.

PeterCool
24th February 2024, 03:31 PM
Any hedge fund or investment companies want profits. After seeing it happen in so many other sports and in business I can see it already. Value today is 10 billion?They will sell to for 100 billion and all walk away with awesome profits. I’m keen to see if I’ve predicted correctly in 2027

Yossarian
24th February 2024, 04:42 PM
What what in the but?

WBennett
24th February 2024, 04:45 PM
What yoss said

jimandr
24th February 2024, 04:55 PM
Peter,

Two things. Firstly, edit your headline. We'll all go crazy reading whatever this one says 500 times over the next four years.

Secondly, we already have an LIV thread. We probably don't need another one. Post this on facebook and you'll get thousands agreeing with you. Here, not so many.

PeterCool
24th February 2024, 10:52 PM
I look forward to being right.

WBennett
24th February 2024, 11:28 PM
The PIF is already in negations with the PGA Tour.

Keep up

jimandr
25th February 2024, 01:44 PM
Fortunately for all of us, I think Peter is wrong, the 'hedge funds' are wrong and the PIF Saudi's are wrong.

Yes, the PGA and its new owners might sell out, but I don't see the profit. Golf is a niche sport, and always will be.

Golf isn't like the NFL and other US sports dominated by TV rights fees. The potential for revenue growth just isn't there, and if someone pays 10 billion for the PGA Tour, they'll be selling for 8 billion 5 years after that.

If they could somehow get China and India interested, it'll be like the IPL in cricket, in more ways that one, but if not, they are throwing their money away. At the moment, the Saudi's seem happy to throw their money away, but that can't last forever.

Either way, in four years time I think professional golf will be in a worse position than it is now, and we'll be looking back at 2021 (the pre-LIV era) as the last golden age of golf.

3Puttpete
25th February 2024, 02:06 PM
What if the PIF is just buying access to the business world and the SSG is buying access to the PIF?

rickie prowler
25th February 2024, 09:01 PM
What if the PIF is just buying access to the business world and the SSG is buying access to the PIF? Basically.... it's a long winded way for John Henry to become business friends with yassir