PDA

View Full Version : Is PMS an excuse for being $hitty at work?

Fishman Dan
3rd November 2006, 08:47 AM
Yes, this is serious enough for adult discussion.

A colleague at work said to me yesterday "Just be aware, i'm a little PMS'y today". Of course as the day went on and effort was lacking I had to bring her to task on some issues.

By the end of the day it was becoming fun to niggle and get her fired up. Another colleague said "You shouldn't mess with her when she's PMS'ing". At the end of the day she came into my office and we had a laugh.

In truth she was a little embarrassed about how short she was during the day, but as I asked her at the time - is PMS a valid excuse to behave like that at work?

dc68
3rd November 2006, 09:22 AM
I don't know ask 31D.

3oneday
3rd November 2006, 09:52 AM
well, I have it every day and my staff cope fine :p

Courty
3rd November 2006, 11:29 AM
Ooops. Double Post.

+2 :mrgreen:

Courty
3rd November 2006, 11:33 AM
I live with Post Marital Stress every day. :cry: ;)

3oneday
3rd November 2006, 12:44 PM
I have always wondered, is the P for Pre or Post ??? I guess some would have both ;) which would be fun fun fun :p

Courty
3rd November 2006, 12:46 PM
With some, I think it's Permanent. :roll:

Golf_Novice
3rd November 2006, 04:10 PM
Guys, do you really want to go there?????!!!

But I work somewhere that has 8 female staff members and 1 male (the boss!!) It gets painful at least 3 weeks out of 4!!

3oneday
3rd November 2006, 04:12 PM
But I work somewhere that has 8 female staff members and 1 male (the boss!!) we have 25 females and 5 males :(

Golf_Novice
3rd November 2006, 04:14 PM
Good to hear :D

amanda
3rd November 2006, 04:39 PM
It personally doesn't affect me - but one of my collegues has terrible PMS. I'd suggest giving her some Evening Primrose Oil - really flattens out the mood swings.

If you can do something about it - then I don't think it's a suitable excuse. However, if you have a hormonal imbalance that's creating the issue that may be difficult to treat, then maybe it's ok.

Grunt
3rd November 2006, 04:41 PM
Does that evening primrose really work I might slip some to Rachelle, she gets PMS REAL BAD!!!!

AndyP
3rd November 2006, 04:42 PM
I thought PMS was a valid excuse for everything wrong in the world?

Golf_Novice
3rd November 2006, 04:44 PM
I don't think it affects me... :?

I'll have to ask ;)

amanda
3rd November 2006, 04:45 PM
Grunt - it has saved one of the girls at work. She would take leave for the days she had bad PMS as she didn't want to go crazy at work - things are sooooo much better now.

Get Rachelle to drop into any health food/vitamin store - they should have a naturopath on hand to give you some specific advice.

Grunt
3rd November 2006, 04:49 PM
Thanks Amanda, that might just be the trick.