PDA

View Full Version : G'Day

F@lc0n1971
18th December 2023, 02:05 PM
G'Day all, new to the forum, just getting around to posting.

I'm a 13.3 handicap, father of 2 (hence the handicap being higher that i would like).....member of Bayview Golf Club, in Mona Vale, Sydney and have a regular 4 ball that have played together for years.

I game

Calloway Woods (Paradym driver, 9 degree with a Hazardous 6.0 stiff shaft, Mavrick 3 and 5 woods)
Taylormade P790 (2021 edition)
Taylormade wedges
Cleveland Classic 3 putter, but saving up for a new putter.
Ball - Taylormade TP5, but i do like the CostCo Kirkland balls as well.

Weakest part of my game is concentration, and i often lose my swing during a round...dont get to practice enough, but i am working on that.

Dazza
18th December 2023, 02:54 PM
Welcome!

PerryGroves
18th December 2023, 06:26 PM
The elephants still there?

F@lc0n1971
18th December 2023, 08:27 PM
Yup, on the left of the 18th Green, just below the practice putting green. Apparently, they used to be owned by the former owner of the club.

"As far as we know the elephants were sculptured by Mr. Harold Squires in the mid to late 1920s for the owners of Bayview Golf Links, Mr John Orr and his wife Christina. The elephants stood in front of their house in a large pond which overlooked the golf course.As can be seen from one of the early Post Cards of Mona Vale, the elephants were originally built as a fountain. Now installed in their new home by the 18th green, we can again enjoy them as a water feature. With the demolition of John Orr’s house and the old clubhouse the elephants are the only memory of a bygone area."

3Puttpete
18th December 2023, 09:06 PM
G’day Falcon

Dcanto
18th December 2023, 10:37 PM
Hi Falcon. Is the handle a car thing or are you related to Mario Fenech? 😁

Hatchman
19th December 2023, 04:59 AM
Welcome to the nut house.
Interesting story about the elephants. Good to see they’ve retained that part of history.

rickie prowler
26th December 2023, 09:13 PM
Hey Fal, welcome!