PDA

View Full Version : Vic: 2024 VIC Champs - 10 Year Anniversary Edition!!!

LeftyHoges
14th December 2023, 02:31 PM
Welcome to the 2024 VIC Champs - 10 Year Anniversary Edition!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!

Saturday 2nd March - Wednesday 6th March, 2024

Saturday - Warm-Up Round: Moonah Links Legends Course (https://www.moonahlinks.com.au/cms/golf/legends-course/). 1:20pm - 2:00pm tee-off. $110pp, including cart. You may choose to walk if you wish, but the Green Fee remains at $110. Mens White tees, Ladies Reds.

Sunday - Uncivil War X: Peninsula-Kingswood CGC North Course. (https://www.peninsulakingswood.com.au/cms/course/hole-1/) $520pp, twin share. If you want a single room it's $1,040! Includes one night COMPULSORY Accommodation and Monday Morning Breakfast. 12:52PM first tee time.

Monday - Champs Rd 1: Peninsula-Kingswood CGC South Course. (https://www.peninsulakingswood.com.au/cms/course/hole-1-2/) $250pp. 8:03AM First tee-time.

Tuesday morning (Optional): "The Furrows" - Kingston Heath Short Course (https://www.kingstonheath.melbourne/). 10:15am kick-off. Information on "The Furrows" can be found on KH's main website, but essentially it's a 9-hole short course of holes ranging from 50m-140m. $60pp. Completely optional. Video here... (https://youtu.be/-pC0dWlwVM4?si=LowJrdBpGXMiqjBR)

Tuesday - Champs Rd 2: Kingston Heath GC. (https://www.kingstonheath.melbourne/) 1:40PM start. $425pp. Lunches will be pre-ordered from the club bar menu. Please note Kingston Heath is a "Cashless club". Complimentary Pull Buggies provided. Comp fee is $5.

Wednesday - Warm-down Round: Heritage St John (https://www.heritagegolfclub.com.au/cms/golf/st-john/). Blue Tee, Red tee. 8:03AM kick-off. $100 Green Fee, $25 for a cart. Comp fee is $6.

Accommodation: Will again be at the friendly Carrum Downs Motel (https://holiday-park-and-motel.hotelsinvictoria.net/en/). I've booked 5 x Family Rooms (can sleep up to 3), and 7 x Double Rooms for the 4 nights. Please factor a cost of $130 PER ROOM PER NIGHT (So if you're on your lonesome that'll be $130 pn, a twin share is $65 per night, and a triple is $45pn). Unfortunately (and every place I spoke to enforced this) we have to "stay" the Sunday night if we want to go Saturday to Wednesday. Systems won't allow split bookings. Sorry for the inconvenience and extra $$$. It does mean we can leave the majority of our gear there though.

Extra Sunday Night Accommodation: Part of the requirement of playing at Peninsula-Kingswood CGC is staying on Course in their accommodation. IF we only have one or two Victorians they may allow you to not stay and instead pay $645 for your two rounds. This will need to be determined closer to time though, and fully determined by number of Mexicans.

To make things easier, please fill out the below details (you can PM these to me if you're shy...):

Full name:
Golflink Number:
Days of golf:
Sat Cart @ Moonah Legends (Y/N):
Days of Accommodation required:
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single):
Uncivil War Shirt Size:
Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N):
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option #
(Option 1) Sandwich platters, sausage rolls and soft drink
(Option 2) Mixed Baguettes, sausage rolls and soft drink
(Option 3) Lunch Pack on the go (Meat and Salad roll, muesli bar, bottled water and banana)
(Option 4) Pre-order from Club Bar Menu
Anything else I need to know?:

I will be closing off entries to this one at the end of January, otherwise I lose a metric shit-tonne of money from deposits...

GIDDY UP!!!!

PLEASE NOTE, MY BANK DETAILS HAVE CHANGED!!!

UBank
670-864
N Hoggan

19CpyJ3EA9vrgUbQm4grxGjSiF84fHdPX2DYIkJvVDvU

AndyP
14th December 2023, 03:00 PM
Accommodation: Will again be at the friendly Carrum Downs Motel. I've booked 5 x Family Rooms (can sleep up to 3), and 7 x Double Rooms for the 4 nights. Please factor a cost of $130 PER ROOM PER NIGHT (So if you're on your lonesome that'll be $130 pn, a twin share is $65 per night, and a triple is $45pn). Unfortunately (and every place I spoke to enforced this) we have to "stay" the Sunday night if we want to go Saturday to Wednesday. Systems won't allow split bookings. Sorry for the inconvenience and extra $$$. It does mean we can leave the majority of our gear there though.

Staying at one place for Wed-Sat and another from Mon-Wed would teach them a lesson. And who is leaving their stuff there?

I'm in for all days. I'll fill out your extended questionnaire soon.

LeftyHoges
14th December 2023, 03:32 PM
Staying at one place for Wed-Sat and another from Mon-Wed would teach them a lesson. And who is leaving their stuff there?

I'm in for all days. I'll fill out your extended questionnaire soon.

What you do Wednesday to Saturday is none of my business...

PeteyD
14th December 2023, 03:41 PM
Flights already booked that makes me in for the lot. Questionnaire filled out later.

AndyP
14th December 2023, 04:01 PM
What you do Wednesday to Saturday is none of my business...
Yeah, not sure where my head was with that.

3Puttpete
14th December 2023, 04:22 PM
I don’t have an orange.

Ron Burgundy
14th December 2023, 04:59 PM
Full name: Michael McCarthy
Golflink Number: 7624503589
Days of golf: all
Sat Cart @ Moonah Legends (Y/N): Y
Days of Accommodation required: all
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): triple
Uncivil War Shirt Size: M
Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N): Y
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option # 4 Surely getting a beer and a counter meal is better than getting a banana, Muesli bar and bottle of water!

Pickles
14th December 2023, 05:07 PM
With twins due to arrive next month i'm not going to be able to swing 5 days of golf with the mrs or financially, that being said I can be very persuasive. I'd love to make it to at least one or two days so maybe pencil my name in very very lightly.

I can't believe you're voluntarily going back to the carrum downs motel :lol:

Ron Burgundy
14th December 2023, 05:18 PM
I can't believe you're voluntarily going back to the carrum downs motel :lol: Hoges will take any opportunity to reunite with Queen B.

LeftyHoges
14th December 2023, 05:26 PM
I can't believe you're voluntarily going back to the carrum downs motel :lol:

Cheap options in that area for a group our size are few and far between, and if they're willing to take US back for a second time then the least we can do is oblige. :lol:

SundayHack
14th December 2023, 05:47 PM
Full name: Michael McCarthyGolflink Number: 7624503589Days of golf: allSat Cart @ Moonah Legends (Y/N): YDays of Accommodation required: allType of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): tripleUncivil War Shirt Size: MInterested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N): YPreference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option # 4 Surely getting a beer and a counter meal is better than getting a banana, Muesli bar and bottle of water! You forgot to submit your address

Ron Burgundy
14th December 2023, 06:01 PM
My mistake. It’s unit *, ** Dunellan St, Greenslopes, Qld, 4120

SundayHack
14th December 2023, 06:38 PM
Dam edit. ****ed shit up

SundayHack
14th December 2023, 06:44 PM
Full name: Aaron White
Golflink Number: tba
Days of golf: All
Days of Accommodation required: All
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): Triple
Uncivil War Shirt Size: XXL
Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N): if I must
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option # 4

3Puttpete
14th December 2023, 08:47 PM
My mistake. It’s unit *, ** Dunellan St, Greenslopes, Qld, 4120

You never know what might happen if you leave your EADdress laying around.

rickie prowler
15th December 2023, 05:13 PM
Full name: Aidan McCabe
Golflink Number:2062332665
Days of golf: ALL
Sat Cart @ Moonah Legends Yes
Days of Accommodation required:ALL
Type of Accommodation required: Triple share
Uncivil War Shirt Size: Large
Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows Yes
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option #4

BobsYourUncle
15th December 2023, 05:54 PM
I'll take one of everything - I'll play the short course, and take a cart on Saturday. I suppose #4 for the food vote, but 1 or 2 would also be fine.

I think I'll take a single room (if available) at Carrum Downs, and share with someone at PK - hopefully someone who doesn't mind me getting up at 6am :lol:

Otherwise the details that are already in the spreadsheet are correct.

Thanks for organising.

AndyP
15th December 2023, 09:16 PM
Full name: Andrew Paul Holden Esquire III
Golflink Number: 4011801503
Days of golf: All
Days of Accommodation required: All
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): Single at CD, Share at PK
Uncivil War Shirt Size: L
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option 4
Anything else I need to know?: sign language

PeteyD
16th December 2023, 07:05 AM
Full Name: Peter Davies

GL: 4111402926

Golf: All

Cart: Yes

Accom: All

Accommodation Type: Trips

Shirt: XL

Furrows: Yes

Lunch: looks like option 4 is getting all the votes

LeftyHoges
16th December 2023, 07:00 PM
Thank you Andy, BYU, Rickie and Petey, your details should be up to date, let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Andy, I've got some sign language knowledge, but it's not very respectful. [emoji12]

As an aside, for the Furrows game, do we want to just throw, say $10 in, 1st and 2nd placings? I can administer this.

Or just shits and giggles?

Or we can just do opt in / out?

Dotty
16th December 2023, 08:33 PM
Out for 2024.

Just completing a sea change and don't plan to do anything outside Newcastle / Lake Macquarie for the next 12 months.

LeftyHoges
16th December 2023, 08:36 PM
Out for 2024.

Just completing a sea change and don't plan to do anything outside Newcastle / Lake Macquarie for the next 12 months.Fair enough Dotty, thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with it all and we'll see you in 2025!

3Puttpete
20th December 2023, 01:03 PM
Full name: Michael Reid
Golflink Number: 4110305563
Days of golf: All of them
Days of Accommodation required: All of them
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): Triple
Uncivil War Shirt Size: Large
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option #4
Anything else I need to know?: Ball don't lie

LeftyHoges
20th December 2023, 03:25 PM
Anything else I need to know?: Ball don't lie

Shit like that is an easy way to get yourself uninvited....

PeteyD
20th December 2023, 03:43 PM
Thank you Andy, BYU, Rickie and Petey, your details should be up to date, let me know if I've got anything wrong.

Andy, I've got some sign language knowledge, but it's not very respectful. [emoji12]

As an aside, for the Furrows game, do we want to just throw, say $10 in, 1st and 2nd placings? I can administer this.

Or just shits and giggles?

Or we can just do opt in / out?

Need to put my accomodation in. Happy to go Triple. But will go twin if you need it to match up numbers. $10 in for Furrows if it happens.

rickie prowler
27th December 2023, 06:07 PM
Need to put my accomodation in. Happy to go Triple. But will go twin if you need it to match up numbers. $10 in for Furrows if it happens. As Pete said, I'm happy to go twin room if the numbers don't work out also happy to donate 10 bucks for the Furrows

Yossarian
2nd January 2024, 11:22 AM
Hmm.

BUSHY
2nd January 2024, 12:19 PM
Full name: Sam Bush
Golflink Number: 4060301860
Days of golf: all
Days of Accommodation required: all
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): triple or twin
Uncivil War Shirt Size: L
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: (Option 4) Pre-order from Club Bar Menu

in for $10 on the Furrows

LeftyHoges
2nd January 2024, 12:36 PM
Hmm.

That's all the confirmation I need, you're in.

3Puttpete
2nd January 2024, 12:41 PM
Go Yoss!

Courty
2nd January 2024, 05:41 PM
Hmm.

I don't have an orange, but I have a full banana.

gwavz
3rd January 2024, 05:19 PM
Sounds fun... Will see if I can get out for a few nights!

LeftyHoges
4th January 2024, 10:07 AM

Oooh, a newbie!!!

Everyone welcome mate, let me know if you have any questions...

3Puttpete
4th January 2024, 10:17 AM
Oooh, a newbie!!!

Everyone welcome mate, let me know if you have any questions...

I have questions.

LeftyHoges
4th January 2024, 10:48 AM
I have questions.

I have answers.

Probably not the ones YOU'RE looking for though...

3Puttpete
4th January 2024, 10:54 AM
I have answers.

Probably not the ones YOU'RE looking for though...

I’m out. For my own safety.

BUSHY
4th January 2024, 03:16 PM

Hard to pass up this Rota!!

BUSHY
4th January 2024, 03:36 PM
PAID!!

Giidy Up.

LeftyHoges
12th January 2024, 04:21 PM
Just a little update on all things PK, Sundays Uncivil War has been confirmed to be at the North Course, first group off will be at 12:52pm off the 1st. We have 7 groups booked.

Mondays first round of Champs will be on the South Course, 8:03am - 8:19am (3 groups) off the first and 8:03am - 8:27am (4 groups) off the 11th. No, that's not a typo.

They WILL run a competition for us so your scores will be GolfLinked.

We have 6 carts booked for each day, no medical certs required, first in best dressed.

Breakfast is provided for us on the Monday morning.

LeftyHoges
12th January 2024, 04:24 PM
As we are now only three weeks away from the basic deadline, I need people to start getting serious with their attendance. Please let me know if you are interested ASAP, so we can start solidifying accommodations, group numbers, Uncivil War teams etc.

There's absolutely nothing worse than someone asking two weeks out if they can come. Please help me to help you.

BobsYourUncle
12th January 2024, 04:27 PM
I'm 100% locked in. When do you need money?

LeftyHoges
12th January 2024, 04:32 PM
I'm 100% locked in. When do you need money?No mad rush, by end of the month if possible, but usually not until a week or two out.

3Puttpete
12th January 2024, 05:37 PM
Just a little update on all things PK, Sundays Uncivil War has been confirmed to be at the North Course, first group off will be at 12:52pm off the 1st. We have 7 groups booked.

Mondays first round of Champs will be on the South Course, 8:03am - 8:19am (3 groups) off the first and 8:03am - 8:27am (4 groups) off the 11th. No, that's not a typo.

They WILL run a competition for us so your scores will be GolfLinked.

We have 6 carts booked for each day, no medical certs required, first in best dressed.

Breakfast is provided for us on the Monday morning.

Half a cart pls.

SundayHack
12th January 2024, 07:18 PM
Half a cart pls. Samesies

peter_rs
13th January 2024, 05:01 PM
Yep

rickie prowler
13th January 2024, 06:09 PM
Half cart plz

BUSHY
14th January 2024, 06:14 PM
yep

yes!!!!

PeteyD
21st January 2024, 05:11 PM
Cart for me please. Peninsula looks awesome

LeftyHoges
22nd January 2024, 11:52 AM
Cart for me please. Peninsula looks awesome

That's why I picked it... ;)

LeftyHoges
22nd January 2024, 12:04 PM
Sorry, for the guys that want Cart(s) at PK, can you PLEASE specify which days?

I'm of the opinion that the Uncivil War should be a cart-free event WHERE POSSIBLE, but if you legitimately need one to make sure you can survive the entire day / week then have at it.

PeteyD
22nd January 2024, 12:17 PM
Ahhh, I will try and walk UCW. Should manage ok.

Ron Burgundy
22nd January 2024, 07:39 PM
Can I get a cart Sat, Mon & Wed if possible please.

ParkRoyal
24th January 2024, 09:11 AM
Full name: Steven Parke
Golflink Number: 7625903873
Days of golf: 4 (not Weds)
Days of Accommodation required: 3
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): Twin
Uncivil War Shirt Size: M or L, if they run a bit large then M
Anything else I need to know?:

ParkRoyal
24th January 2024, 09:11 AM
Secured a leave pass, LFG...

Courty
24th January 2024, 09:55 AM
Secured a leave pass, LFG...

Woot! Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeftyHoges
24th January 2024, 04:52 PM
Full name: Steven Parke
Golflink Number: 7625903873
Days of golf: 4 (not Weds)
Days of Accommodation required: 3
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): Twin
Uncivil War Shirt Size: M or L, if they run a bit large then M
Anything else I need to know?: Awesome stuff PR, I'll add you to the sheet soon, but welcome aboard!!!!

SundayHack
24th January 2024, 09:03 PM
Secured a leave pass, LFG... Fresh meat. Nice work. Welcome aboard.

Muffinman
29th January 2024, 09:06 AM
where was that spreadsheet with the cost allocations? cannot find the post anymore

AndyP
29th January 2024, 09:24 AM
where was that spreadsheet with the cost allocations? cannot find the post anymore
The first post?
https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/60966-2024-VIC-Champs-10-Year-Anniversary-Edition!!!?p=1479447&viewfull=1#post1479447

Muffinman
29th January 2024, 10:45 AM
Thanks mate, couldn't see it on the work laptop

LeftyHoges
29th January 2024, 05:12 PM
Alright Gents (and lady), the next week or so is When I'll REALLY need to shore up details, so if there's anything I've missed or you want to add, speak now or forever hold your peace (or your piece, just don't tell me about it).

Is there anyone that wants a single room at PK? I know there's some snorers etc, but the rooms are extraordinarily pricey, so I don't want there to be any issues / extra rooms / short rooms etc when it comes to this one...

JoeS
29th January 2024, 09:43 PM
I am in for uncivil war and 2 days of champs.
PK shared accommodation unless i can stay at home.
In for the furrows, no accom at Carrum needed.
Happy with majority for KH food.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

BUSHY
30th January 2024, 11:07 PM
Alright Gents (and lady), the next week or so is When I'll REALLY need to shore up details, so if there's anything I've missed or you want to add, speak now or forever hold your peace (or your piece, just don't tell me about it).

Is there anyone that wants a single room at PK? I know there's some snorers etc, but the rooms are extraordinarily pricey, so I don't want there to be any issues / extra rooms / short rooms etc when it comes to this one...

I’ll Cart Saturday and Wednesday please

LeftyHoges
2nd February 2024, 02:40 PM
Just a heads-up, Kingston Heath is no longer able to do the shotgun start for us from 1.30pm, we will now have normal groups off sequentially from 1.40PM. I sincerely apologise if this affects anyone's scheduled flights out that night (though it looks like ParkRoyal is the only one it may affect?), please let me know if it does.

A dusk finish will certainly be a different feeling for a VIC Champs....

Yossarian
4th February 2024, 10:51 AM
Full name: Yoss Arian
Golflink Number: 6011504608 (I'm at a career low cap, wtf am I doing)
Days of golf: 5
Days of Accommodation required: 4
Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): Triple/Twin
Uncivil War Shirt Size: M/L - if they run big M
Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N): Hecking Yes
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option # 4? Although maybe now it is just order ourselves?
(Option 3) Lunch Pack on the go (Meat and Salad roll, muesli bar, bottled water and banana)
Anything else I need to know?: I require 2 bananas each morning.

AndyP
4th February 2024, 11:07 AM
I'll provide a banana. Who wants to provide the other one?

Courty
4th February 2024, 12:02 PM

Full bananas?

BUSHY
4th February 2024, 12:12 PM
Full bananas?

Peeled or not?

rickie prowler
4th February 2024, 08:15 PM
By bananas do you mean VB longnecks

WBennett
4th February 2024, 08:30 PM
Full name: Yoss ArianGolflink Number: 6011504608 (I'm at a career low cap, wtf am I doing)Days of golf: 5Sat Cart @ Moonah Legends (Y/N): YDays of Accommodation required: 4Type of Accommodation required (Triple share / twin share / single): Triple/TwinUncivil War Shirt Size: M/L - if they run big M Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N): Hecking YesPreference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option # 4? Although maybe now it is just order ourselves? (Option 1) Sandwich platters, sausage rolls and soft drink(Option 2) Mixed Baguettes, sausage rolls and soft drink(Option 3) Lunch Pack on the go (Meat and Salad roll, muesli bar, bottled water and banana)(Option 4) Pre-order from Club Bar MenuAnything else I need to know?: I require 2 bananas each morning. Surgery cancelled.In

rickie prowler
5th February 2024, 05:27 AM
Surgery cancelled.In Wow nice one!!

WBennett
5th February 2024, 08:05 AM
Wow nice one!!

No, I just wanted to meet Yoss after all these years.

Yossarian
5th February 2024, 11:21 AM
By bananas do you mean VB longnecks Errr.....

Yossarian
5th February 2024, 11:21 AM
No, I just wanted to meet Yoss after all these years. I'm not actually the OG yoss, he sold the account on the darkweb sometime around 2015.

PerryGroves
5th February 2024, 01:12 PM
I'm not actually the OG yoss, he sold the account on the darkweb sometime around 2015.

But you are still Rubin?

Yossarian
5th February 2024, 01:32 PM
He spirit is still inside me.

LeftyHoges
6th February 2024, 05:36 PM
Last but not least, we finally have confirmation of our Wednesday venue. It'll be the Heritage Golf and Country Club, St Johns course. Apologies to the handful of guys who played it back in 2016 that are making this trek, but apparently Wednesday is just as hard to find a game in Melbourne as it is on Saturday!!!

Cost of the game will be $100 (plus $15 prize fee), and a cart will set you back $25. There is a competition on the day that we can enter for the princely sum of $6.

This time we shall play it off the Blue or White setups, as opposed to the Gold setup that a few of you found "too long" back in the day...

Please let me know if you would like a cart... (AND IF YOU WOULD ALSO LIKE ONE FOR MONDAY FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T RESPONDED)

SundayHack
6th February 2024, 06:40 PM
Last but not least, we finally have confirmation of our Wednesday venue. It'll be the Heritage Golf and Country Club, St Johns course. Apologies to the handful of guys who played it back in 2016 that are making this trek, but apparently Wednesday is just as hard to find a game in Melbourne as it is on Saturday!!!Cost of the game will be $100 (plus $15 prize fee), and a cart will set you back $25. There is a competition on the day that we can enter for the princely sum of $6.This time we shall play it off the Blue or White setups, as opposed to the Gold setup that a few of you found "too long" back in the day...Please let me know if you would like a cart... (AND IF YOU WOULD ALSO LIKE ONE FOR MONDAY FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T RESPONDED)Cart please Left one.

Ron Burgundy
6th February 2024, 08:29 PM
Cart for Wed please. Looks like you’ve already got me down for one in the tracker anyway (plus Sat & Mon). Much obliged.

shazza_rs
6th February 2024, 09:26 PM
Cart for me on Wednesday please

3Puttpete
6th February 2024, 09:52 PM
Cart please

PeteyD
7th February 2024, 10:16 AM
Cart for the old cripple please. And on Monday although I think I have already asked for that :D

rickie prowler
7th February 2024, 04:38 PM
Carts whereever possible please

LeftyHoges
7th February 2024, 04:40 PM
Thank you Lady and gents, keep 'em rolling in...

PeteyD
8th February 2024, 09:45 AM
More money sent

LeftyHoges
9th February 2024, 02:28 PM
So I have to cancel a few of our tee slots at Moonah on Saturday, (I'd originally booked for 8 groups, we're down to 5). I can cancel the first three slots, leaving us 1:20 - 2:00pm, or the back 3 leaving us 12:50 - 1:30pm.

Is anyone getting in late-ish Saturday morning that is risking it if I cancel the back 3? Just means an extra 30 minutes for dinner and drinks that night, compared to waiting around an extra 30 minutes that morning / early arvo...

3Puttpete
9th February 2024, 02:34 PM
Let’s be good guests. Give ‘em back the first 3, they can fill em and fewer randoms stuck behind us.

BobsYourUncle
9th February 2024, 03:06 PM
Yeah, starting later is a bit safer for those of us who are flying in Saturday morning in case of delays (flights, airport, traffic, etc.).

LeftyHoges
15th February 2024, 08:53 AM
Alrighty kidlets, this is just over two weeks away from kicking off, I need some payments coming through soon please.

Please check your outstanding balance, and if there's any issues please let me know.

PeteyD
15th February 2024, 08:55 AM
Plenty of issues but none relating to this.

AndyP
15th February 2024, 01:28 PM
Payment made.
Are we there yet?

Lucasto23
15th February 2024, 07:35 PM
Lets do this

Full name: Lucas Chisari
Golflink Number: 4130809443
Days of golf: Sun,Mon, Tues and maybe wednesday
Carts all Days
Days of Accommodation required: Sat, to Wed morning
Type of Accommodation required Twin sharer who likes to be the little spoon and plenty of cans
Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N): I wish
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option # 3

3Puttpete
15th February 2024, 09:30 PM
Lets do this

Full name: Lucas Chisari
Golflink Number: 4130809443
Days of golf: Sun,Mon, Tues and maybe wednesday
Carts all Days
Days of Accommodation required: Sat, to Wed morning
Type of Accommodation required Twin sharer who likes to be the little spoon and plenty of cans
Interested in playing Kingston Heath Furrows (Y/N): I wish
Preference for Kingston Heath pre-game lunch: Option # 3

Well hello stranger

Lucasto23
15th February 2024, 10:32 PM
Well hello stranger

Hello darkness my old friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

peter_rs
16th February 2024, 07:36 AM
Love it

Yossarian
16th February 2024, 02:22 PM
Paid last bit now xox

LeftyHoges
16th February 2024, 02:52 PM
For the locals, we have two spots on Saturday at Moonah Links Legends, please come join us for fun and frivolities.

EDIT: We also have two spots on Wednesday morning at Heritage St John.

3Puttpete
17th February 2024, 06:51 PM
Is there still no official opening ceremony for this or do we all independently announce “quafftide” to the rest of the group to let everyone else know when our champs officially begins?

SundayHack
17th February 2024, 06:59 PM
Is there still no official opening ceremony for this or do we all independently announce “quafftide” to the rest of the group to let everyone else know when our champs officially begins?I assume we will announce “quafftide” to one another at the airport.

3Puttpete
17th February 2024, 07:22 PM
I assume we will announce “quafftide” to one another at the airport.

Mine will be delayed until we get out of the car

JoeS
18th February 2024, 10:08 PM
Payment forward Lefty

BUSHY
20th February 2024, 08:29 AM
Not long to go.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/RgnTXvE24wFjUhB3Dt/giphy.gif

3Puttpete
20th February 2024, 08:39 AM

Pickles
20th February 2024, 10:02 AM
For the locals, we have two spots on Saturday at Moonah Links Legends, please come join us for fun and frivolities.

Put me down for one of the spots on Saturday please!

LeftyHoges
20th February 2024, 10:10 AM

That's what I love to see, atta boy Pickles!!!

spanner039
20th February 2024, 11:00 AM

If Pickles is down, im down - if there's a spare spot Saturday put me in

LeftyHoges
20th February 2024, 11:07 AM

There certainly is Cam, welcome aboard!

Are you carting?

Still a spare spot or two at Heritage St John on Wednesday too... ;)

spanner039
20th February 2024, 11:14 AM
There certainly is Cam, welcome aboard!

Are you carting?

Still a spare spot or two at Heritage St John on Wednesday too... ;)

Yes carting and no Heritage am away that week sorry

LeftyHoges
20th February 2024, 11:34 AM
Yes carting and no Heritage am away that week sorry

Roger that.

PeteyD
20th February 2024, 12:11 PM
Almost time to get excited. Almost.

LeftyHoges
20th February 2024, 02:34 PM
For those not in the VIC Champs telegram thread;
A) Let me know if you'd like to be, enter at your own peril:
B) We need to pre-order lunch from Kingston Heaths set bar menu

Please make your selection here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSHT6UPOEDijNZ-sKzVuuNaAmRmaj6c9qlS5xTnu59Po1wyMC7eA1CxOIeaLZciKQ a_7a98KkJLUq6v/pub) and let me know...

ParkRoyal
20th February 2024, 02:44 PM
ergh I would like to be involved in secret Russian crypto schemes and Turkish hair replacement

PeteyD
20th February 2024, 02:50 PM
ergh I would like to be involved in secret Russian crypto schemes and Turkish hair replacement

Ha! as if that is all you would be signing up for!

LeftyHoges
20th February 2024, 03:01 PM

We're the knock-off versions, Georgian crypto schemes and Azerbaijani hair replacement, but we can certainly help you with these sir...

PM me your mobile number and I'll invite you to the group...

And may God have mercy on your soul.

3Puttpete
20th February 2024, 03:08 PM
We're the knock-off versions, Georgian crypto schemes and Azerbaijani hair replacement, but we can certainly help you with these sir...

PM me your mobile number and I'll invite you to the group...

And may God have mercy on your soul.

Does this mean we can now engage in a bit of light-hearted frivolity rather than all that serious stuff we’ve been discussing up to now?

JoeS
20th February 2024, 05:53 PM
Toddy's audience is expanding.

BUSHY
20th February 2024, 11:19 PM

Atta boy!!! After being there it’s so hard to let go.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/TT8q5TavhGV9e/giphy.gif

BUSHY
20th February 2024, 11:19 PM

BANG!!! Happy 10th Anniversary OG

Pickles
21st February 2024, 11:28 AM
Atta boy!!! After being there it’s so hard to let go.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/TT8q5TavhGV9e/giphy.gif
If i didn't have newborn twins at home I would have 100% been in for all days, the FOMO has been bad as this has drawn closer.

WBennett
22nd February 2024, 05:18 PM
If i didn't have newborn twins at home I would have 100% been in for all days, the FOMO has been bad as this has drawn closer.

I feel ya buddy. No twins, just a recently stitched together and rebuilt innards

Never missed one, missing this is sickening

Gammon
25th February 2024, 05:41 PM
I feel ya buddy. No twins, just a recently stitched together and rebuilt innardsNever missed one, missing this is sickening Are you healing up well Wayne?

WBennett
25th February 2024, 10:06 PM
Are you healing up well Wayne? Slowly.No beer, red meat or solids for a few more weeks

PeteyD
26th February 2024, 12:36 PM
Forecast is looking good so far.

LeftyHoges
26th February 2024, 12:38 PM
Forecast is looking good so far.

That's a lovely moz..... :lol:

PeteyD
26th February 2024, 12:59 PM
Nah no Moz. The Northerly coming in for Tuesday and Wed to make it feel just like home ;)

LeftyHoges
29th February 2024, 06:59 PM
Saturday groupings...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240229/deeb3578ea2783b81f2fdf52582a0665.jpg

3Puttpete
29th February 2024, 07:23 PM
When did I hurt you?

BobsYourUncle
29th February 2024, 07:25 PM
If you can't immediately pick out the weirdo in your group...

SundayHack
29th February 2024, 09:23 PM
If you can't immediately pick out the weirdo in your group... Ron?

BobsYourUncle
29th February 2024, 09:31 PM
If you can't immediately spot the weirdo in your group, then you're the weirdo in your group. No weirdos in my group though, we're the best group.

Ron Burgundy
29th February 2024, 09:35 PM
If you can't immediately spot the weirdo in your group, then you're the weirdo in your group. No weirdos in my group though, we're the best group. Agreed. Unfortunately for SundayHack, he’s the weirdo in his group, which is saying something considering Frodo is in that group.

PeteyD
29th February 2024, 10:44 PM
Imagine thinking there's only 5 weirdos in the motley collection

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Peppas
1st March 2024, 06:18 AM
When did I hurt you? Are we carting together as well buddy???

SundayHack
1st March 2024, 06:57 AM
Agreed. Unfortunately for SundayHack, he’s the weirdo in his group, which is saying something considering Frodo is in that group. Have you not met Bushy or Todd?

AndyP
1st March 2024, 10:24 AM
Are we carting together as well buddy???

I think he wants a cart to himself.

PeteyD
1st March 2024, 12:41 PM
Gonna have about 10 minutes sleep tonight ... Been too long since I attended a Vic Champs.

3Puttpete
1st March 2024, 01:31 PM
Are we carting together as well buddy???

I certainly hope so

Muffinman
5th March 2024, 10:20 PM
Thanks again for having me tag along peeps... Safe travels all!

PeteyD
5th March 2024, 10:24 PM
Thanks again for having me tag along peeps... Safe travels all!Was great to meet you!

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

JoeS
5th March 2024, 10:41 PM
It was great to meet new faces and play some courses i wouldn't normally try to get on. A big thanks to lefty for all his work to organise everything. PK can be savage, north was brutal, south a little less. Kingston Heath was way more subtle, but every green was a visual nightmare of bunkers, while fairways were open but if you missed then it was hard to make par. PK just made it hard everywhere.

shazza_rs
7th March 2024, 08:15 PM
So who won this?

SundayHack
7th March 2024, 08:24 PM
So who won this? Not I

Yossarian
7th March 2024, 09:16 PM
Beer was the winner.

BobsYourUncle
7th March 2024, 09:20 PM
So who won this? Aren't we still waiting for someone to post the scores from last year?

JoeS
7th March 2024, 09:34 PM
Any photos

JoeS
7th March 2024, 09:34 PM
How good was PK

Lucasto23
9th March 2024, 10:07 PM
How good was PK

North was really good in parts but Kingston heath shat on both of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rickie prowler
10th March 2024, 03:25 PM
How good was PKSent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk The more I think about it the more I like North. It was an amazing course.

Yossarian
11th March 2024, 04:40 PM
The more I think about it the more I like North. It was an amazing course.

I'd really like to play it a few times over a few days, a couple of the lines on the tee shots are mucho confusing and also getting to grips with the contouring.

It is a fantastic track, I prefer KH but not by much.

rickie prowler
11th March 2024, 05:32 PM
I'd really like to play it a few times over a few days, a couple of the lines on the tee shots are mucho confusing and also getting to grips with the contouring. It is a fantastic track, I prefer KH but not by much. Agree with all of that. KH was the best but PKN ran it close. Imo

LeftyHoges
25th March 2024, 05:16 PM
Sorry all, this is well and truly overdue.

Well, well, well, what a hell of a trip that one was. From the Pre-Champers who cooked themselves before a single Champs shot had even been hit, to the guys who threw away underwear sadly not before they’d even been shit.

First and foremost, thank you all for your attendance at the 10th instalment of the VIC Champs, it was wonderful to have you all and I sincerely hope you had the best time possible.

Without further ado, congratulations go to our newly crowned Champion, BobsYourUncle. The diligence and ball-striking required for a low marker to win events like this is an exceptional feat, well done on not only two very solid rounds in the Champs itself but backing it up on the final day to take out the “Monday” round too, good to see that honour stay with the low markers!

Well done to JoeS for a well-deserved second placing. Again, low markers placing in events like this is a tough gig, and the fight shown here to at least push BYU down the stretch is very solid. I believe the gap was 2 points through 27 holes, so a good tussle was definitely unfolding over that back 9.

He backs up the runner-up finish from last year with a podium finish this year, well done to AndyP, completes the top 3 set. Well done mate. Bit less social golf next year though, hey? ;) :razz:

In an official close to the original format of the Uncivil War, well done to the Confederates on adding some respectability back to the scoreline. A 6-4 margin probably feels about right, the Confederates really struggling to scrape together numbers by the end, definitely weakened their chances each year. A massive thank you to everyone who’s ever participated in this event in the spirit of which it is meant, whether you’ve been a Captain or a soldier, your contributions towards it all to create the legacy it has is something I’m very proud of. Thank you to the “turncoats” SundayHack and Peppas who made squaring up the teams this year easier than ever, I am eternally grateful for your sacrifice. Though maybe you could also see the writing on the wall and knew my Captaincy could never be challenged, who really knows…

OK, onto my thank you's.

Courty – OZgolf Admin Champion. The sheet was back with a vengeance! Thank you as always for ferrying our drunk / hungover / tired asses around. Thank you also for stepping in with the Calcutta recording, was nice to have a few minutes spare to worry about everything else inside my head.

shazza_rs - Uncivil War shirts. These looked a million bucks, even if they caused me to play like a million blokes chopping wood (yes, that’s right, I’m blaming the shirt for quite possibly the worst ever performance put in on a VIC Champs day, I mean, what else could it have possibly been???). Shazza and Sheree came through for us again and at $30 a shirt you cannot go wrong. Please pass on our massive thanks AGAIN to Sheree and again extend the invitation to her (and any of the other girls if they're interested) for next year, we’re all-inclusive here!!!

SundayHack – Birdie money, it’s the easiest $125 BeyondBlue makes, thank you for your work with this. I like the idea of just adding it into everyone’s entry money for next year, this will definitely be a thing.
Your organising of dinner venues also does not go unnoticed mate, thank you so very much, definitely a load off my mind.

Lucasto23 – Very comfortable back in the auctioneer’s role. Like a nice, cosy pair of jeans. Thank you for the laughs, your efforts, for driving up prices, for putting in money on blokes no one else would.

Bit of a personal one here, but thank you to Courty, Bushy, Ron Burgundy, SundayHack, 3PuttPete and Frodo for your company in the now famous and worst kept Secret Pre-Champs rounds.

Everyone - You all deserve my biggest thanks. For attending, taking everything in great spirit, your generosity when it comes to Calcuttas and Birdie Money and most importantly the laughs that you all provide. I’m absolutely aware that this one was stupid expensive AND held mid-weekish, so I can’t thank you all enough for giving your time, your money and your dignity over to me for a few days of fun and frivolity.

The Wounded – A special mention does need to go to these guys for valiant efforts in the face of injury. Lucasto23, Johnno and Peter_rs were all under significant injury clouds and none knew if they were any chance of getting through all the days, so for them to not only do so and to well and truly get nowhere near the NAGA is an outstanding effort. ESPECIALLY to drop the amount of dimes they did for this trip in particular. Also, a very notable mention to Peppas for making the trip under some trying circumstances, thanks for the efforts mate, all the best…

To anyone who bested 30 points average over the 5 days, I’ve instructed your clubs to watch your handicaps much more closely for next year.

Debutants - Thank you and well done to these guys, as debutants this year we had ParkRoyal, MuffinMan, Frodo and making his well overdue debut Yossarian (as well as his brother and his very short shorts…). Also, not necessarily a debutant but it was lovely to have Rickie Prowler back for his second visit after a longish hiatus. It takes a fair amount of courage to throw money to some stranger on the internet with the prospect of playing golf with 20ish strangers you've never met before, so for taking the plunge we say thank you and we sincerely hope to see you back next year and the years to come. I'm always keen to hear from the new guys if they have any feedback (positive, neutral, negative or otherwise) as they're the ones who see it with fresh eyes, not my 10+ year tired, CBF eyes, so feel free to reach out to me with anything be it in the thread or via PM / Telegram / SMS.

Regulars - You guys and lady know how I feel, I loves ya’s all. As announced while there we had 4 players make all 10 instalments of the VIC Champs and 9 others from this year’s field have now done 5+, so for continuing to support this event I thank you. The Tarantino style "just wanted to get to 10” is now in the bag, we’ll see where we go to from here.

My Playing Partners - Thank you to all of you over the course of the 5 (or 8) days. It was a privilege to play with you all. Was also nice to play with some debutants in MuffinMan and ParkRoyal, while also getting a couple of games in for the first time with Rickie Prowler. Memory often fails me, but it might have been the first time with Johnno also? If so, thank you mate!

Mrs Lefty - She cops an enormous load from me (phrasing!) in the lead-up to this and is a massive help with getting my arse into gear to arrange everything. She does the prize envelopes and NTP pockets and has obviously had a massive hand in the FABULOUS NAGA Belt and Vest(s), as well as a multitude of other little things. But don't worry everyone, I'm always showing her the groups appreciation!

To anyone else who has done things that I've forgotten, I can guarantee you that I appreciated them greatly at the time, and I apologise that I haven't thanked you publicly here.

Last but not least, we have again raised a smidge over $1300 for BeyondBlue and the Leon Treadwell Memorial Golf Day from this trip, so thank you all so much for digging deep and contributing to wonderful causes. This was probably the most payouts we’ve ever had from the Calcutta (usually Gross bets, State of Origin and Union / Confed Bets don’t ALL pay out in the same year, I think this was the first) so the total was a little less than normal, I also didn’t bring out the tin as I figure we’d probably put enough money in for this trip, rest assured it’ll be back and rattling next year.

Much, much, MUCH LOVE, (for you people, not golf)

Lefty.

P.S. As always, any and all feedback good, bad or otherwise is greatly appreciated and taken on board, and I’m hoping next year to make it a little more of a “committee event” as though despite having no social life (by choice) and doing nothing but work, I still struggled to find the time to organise this thing. :lol:

We'll keep you informed of what's to come in 2025 as things eventuate, but for now again I say thank you, and we’ll see you all in 2025!!!

PeteyD
25th March 2024, 05:41 PM
Big thanks to you Lefty, as always. After missing a few it was great to get back to it. see some new faces and play with people I have not met before. Had an awesome time. Looking forward to next year now!

Courty
25th March 2024, 07:18 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExem5ocjFidmNxMXVpeW5zdmIwMG50ZGV icWh4ZDBxNG9lYmgxZ3R3diZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfY nlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/xT9DPOdEljE4K33s9a/giphy.gif

rickie prowler
25th March 2024, 08:03 PM
Thanks for having me! Said it 100 times but so very grateful to get the chance to play great tracks with a great bunch of folks who like golf and love a beer!

shazza_rs
25th March 2024, 09:14 PM
Excellent wrap up as always Lefty.

Happy to help out where we can. Takes a village.

Nice to meet a few new faces and catch up with old mates. Hands down a highlight of my golfing calendar. Thanks for letting me be a part of the “boys” trip.

JoeS
26th March 2024, 08:29 PM
A huge thanks to Lefty and everyone who helped out. I never thought I would do an internet golf trip, Tassie showed me the way. An awesome time with plenty of laughs and drinks and more drinks and laughs.

ParkRoyal
9th April 2024, 04:34 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply to you post Lefty, have been thinking about writing for a while.

I've wanted to get to one of these events for a number of years, but life/kids etc prevented it. But I am really glad that I did. As Lefty said it can be hard going to something where there is already a core group of people who attend and you don't really know them other than a bit of online chat. But you all made me and others feel really welcome and it felt like I wasn't the outsider, it really was the more the merrier. Making new friends and connections can and has been difficult for many people including myself over the past while, so to do that so easily is wonderful.

The organisation, the golf, accomodation etc really was amazing and I can't thank you enough for all of it and I'll be doing everything I can to be there next year.

On another personal note regarding the donations, my wife and I had a friend of ours sadly take their own life and we attended her funeral on friday. Depression/Mental Health is bloody hard thing to deal with and hearing about her struggles and all the things she tried to alleviate that pain really hit home even more so how devastating it can be to the person suffering it and to those around them, so anything that can go towards helping others in similar situations is great.

AndyP
9th April 2024, 04:44 PM
Bit less social golf next year though, hey? ;) :razz:
Three social rounds, zero competitions since this comment. Cheers!

BUSHY
11th April 2024, 06:19 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply to you post Lefty, have been thinking about writing for a while.

I've wanted to get to one of these events for a number of years, but life/kids etc prevented it. But I am really glad that I did. As Lefty said it can be hard going to something where there is already a core group of people who attend and you don't really know them other than a bit of online chat. But you all made me and others feel really welcome and it felt like I wasn't the outsider, it really was the more the merrier. Making new friends and connections can and has been difficult for many people including myself over the past while, so to do that so easily is wonderful.

The organisation, the golf, accomodation etc really was amazing and I can't thank you enough for all of it and I'll be doing everything I can to be there next year.

On another personal note regarding the donations, my wife and I had a friend of ours sadly take their own life and we attended her funeral on friday. Depression/Mental Health is bloody hard thing to deal with and hearing about her struggles and all the things she tried to alleviate that pain really hit home even more so how devastating it can be to the person suffering it and to those around them, so anything that can go towards helping others in similar situations is great.

That’s not great news mate.

You know i think you hit the nail on the head, in the end these trips are all about what happens OFF the golf course.

Golf is just the delivery vehicle.

Similarly, It makes me really happy that the first timers such as yourself have an awesome experience. Because I know that I put off coming to one for way too long. Now it’s the highlight of my year.

Awesome job all around to everyone especially Lefty for his wonderful work once again.