PDA

View Full Version : Armlock putter

PeterCool
16th November 2023, 10:11 PM
Who’s gone to one and thoughts?

I find the comment it keeps the face very square. https://x.com/dpworldtour/status/1725107949402476787?s=61&t=uLN09uY-elc4CKPtdjnJmQ

JoeS
19th November 2023, 04:57 PM
If you are going to buy one then it needs to be custom fit. Their are so many variables, like jumper or no jumper, wearing a watch, thickness of the grip.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

supo67
22nd November 2023, 01:01 PM
not gone the full arm lock ( yet ) but thats def. going to happen bec ive been using a 38 inch with wrist lok on my plumbers neck to give it a test.
ill say thers a noticeable difference in moving parts with the long one to short.

BobsYourUncle
22nd November 2023, 04:34 PM
I'm a big fan of arm lock putting, with a few caveats: it takes a while to get used to, lag putting distance control can be a bit off (at least until you've practised a bit), and it's really important to get a putter that fits you.

On that last point - I have two arm lock putters, and they are polar opposites. One is a very upright, ball forward in your stance style, the other is shorter, has a significantly lower lie angle, and a bit more loft.

Ron Burgundy
23rd November 2023, 07:09 PM
I’ve used an evnroll midlock for the last few rounds and I’m a fan. Could just be the usual putter roulette honeymoon period though. Distance control isn’t as good but starting shorties online feels automatic.

I like that I can use pretty much my normal grip/stance/ball position etc. I’m zero chance of practicing or playing enough to ever make a change to a normal armlock but this seems pretty manageable.

supo67
24th November 2023, 11:15 AM
whats the more upright one ?

BobsYourUncle
24th November 2023, 12:13 PM
whats the more upright one ?

Upright one is an Odyssey Stroke Lab Big 7. Other one is a Ping Sigma 2 Valor.

andylo
28th November 2023, 04:25 PM
I am using a Evnroll ER11 mid lock. I like it (long enough), face is always square, the line is kept and alignment is always spot on.

You need to setup differently to your usual putting posture and make sure the grip always lean on your forearm, otherwise it just won't work! It's the best you get to try it in person to make sure the grip size is either fat enough (in my case) or thin enough to make it works.

Like Ron, the distance control is a bit ordinary due to the fact the face of the putter is tapper off the speed in centre hit to compensate the mishit distance. (nothing to do with armlock or not thu)

The ER 11 also is a great ball pickup tool for those gimmes you don't want to finish off.