PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 30th October

Iain
1st November 2006, 08:55 AM
Played at Brisbane Golf Club on Monday, in a work 2 man ambrose. Shot a 68 off the stick for 61 1/4 nett, got beaten by 1/4 of a shot!! Dammit!!

Played quite well, picked up the ntp on the 190m 11th. 3 putt bogey on our 2nd last cost us the win, but that happens...

Driving was quite good, as on the back nine started delibrately trying to play a cut, worked very well, may have to perserve with that to get more tee shots in play....

Putted well, apart from the one 3 putt.

Course was in good condition, fairways were great, some of the greens were a little patchy, but still quick.

Grunt
1st November 2006, 09:39 AM
Played in the pro am @ Riverlakes. Played crap on a course with greens in horrible condition. 20something points, could not get into any rythym with my swing was trying to hit it too hard. I guess I sort of had a dummy spit but played on regardless. Had a good day out with Peter RS though :)

peter_rs
1st November 2006, 11:56 AM
The look on the pros face was priceless.

Grunt
1st November 2006, 12:12 PM
For the lay upp on the par 3?

jimandr
1st November 2006, 04:00 PM
Gees, I thought I'd be a chance to start this thread this week, but I'm well short.

My game was well short of expectations today at Penrith, playing with Andrew. We both had 30 points, but his 30 had more merit than mine.

I started really well, thinking it was an easy game, and finished it in despair, with my game falling apart completely.

I'm going away for a week on holiday to Nambucca Heads. The weather forecast is terrible, but golf is one activity worth doing in bad weather, so I may play more golf than originally planned, and show some improvement.

PeteyD
2nd November 2006, 11:41 AM
just had a quick bash around the back 9 at Reddy bay off the back. Starting poorly but found some form of the game that abandoned me last weekend ;). Had 47, which is 2 under par with my handicap, including a birdie on 17 and pars on 13 and 18. 15 putts with no 3 jabbs. Might learn to play this one day.

amanda
2nd November 2006, 01:33 PM
Played this morning @ New Brighton with Brad. I had 38 points with 3 1-pointers (all par 3s) and a wipe. Don't know why I didn't play that well at the champs :(

PeteyD
2nd November 2006, 01:35 PM
Because it was an ozgolf event Amanda. Seems to destroy everyones game ... ;)

Iain
3rd November 2006, 02:41 PM
Played this morning with the old man at Nudgee. 41 points, 80 off the stick, very happy considering the greens had just been cored and sanded, really rough, no 3 putt's though, but still left a couple of short ones out there that I would of expected to make on normal greens. Long game was ok, trying to get the cut to work, didn't always, but working on it.

Quite solid on the back 9, +1 through 7 holes until ruined with a double bogey, bogey finish...

Only lost .9, as ccr was 69!! Quite suprising considering the greens and wind.

Down to 13.

Jarro
3rd November 2006, 02:47 PM
nice shootin Iain.

AndyP
3rd November 2006, 03:09 PM
Well done. Might be some more proshop credit coming your way.

dc68
3rd November 2006, 03:12 PM
Well done bones

Eag's
3rd November 2006, 05:10 PM
Well done Iain, playing this well even before you get more lessons :smt002

Jono
3rd November 2006, 05:53 PM
Well played, Iain. Although, I'm not that surprised considering how well you were striking the ball at Nudgee on the Friday before the Champs. 8)

PeteyD
3rd November 2006, 05:55 PM
Played the Friday Sweepstakes at Reddy Bay today, had 19 points over the 9 holes with a wipe on the second after losing a ball thanks to a wild drive :evil:
Most pleasing for me was coming home with par bogey bogey bogey bogey, and the last one a bloody 3 putt. 40 off the stick plus the wipe (take an 8 for 48 and I am reasonably happy with that).

Bruce
4th November 2006, 08:52 AM
Played an Ambrose corporate day at Moonah Open yesterday.

My shoulders are tired from carrying two complete dead weight partners - but still had some fun. Things were hard and fast with perfect conditions.

It was a good illustration of the good and bad of the Aus Open venue. A really good testing layout but it is so damn far away!! Jesus it's a long day to go down there from the city. 1:15 under optimum conditions but add a bit of traffic and it can be 2:00 from the city. No wonder they don't get a crowd down there.

The guy that runs the IBM days jumped straight onto next years booking and got us both courses for about the same time last year. Bring on the Legends for next run.

AndyP
4th November 2006, 09:09 AM
Get in any of those fairway pot bunkers, Bruce?

Bruce
4th November 2006, 01:20 PM
Get in any of those fairway pot bunkers, Bruce?

A couple of times - but Ambrose meant we waited till we were on our way home to try and get out of them. Got out with my single attempt - and moved forward 10m.

oz
4th November 2006, 06:58 PM
41 points at Thurgoona today. It was nice to play some golf again. The little extra short game work I have been doing is paying off.

AndyP
4th November 2006, 07:09 PM
Nice score, oz. What handicap are/were you playing off?

oz
4th November 2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks AndyP. Was 7. Now 6. It's been a slippery handicap slide over the past 12-18 months, with very little good golf in amongst it. I've been doing a little work on my game, and feel I am headed back in the right direction.

Courty
4th November 2006, 08:25 PM
Played in the monthly medal this afternoon. I started on fire and was -2 after 6 holes. And that's about where it ends. Consecutive triples spoiled my medal chances, and craphouse ball-striking on the back 9 buried it for good.
I was feeling very lethargic before the round and am shattered now. I guess the moral of the story is to get a good night's sleep the night before.
On a good note, I was very happy with my putting stroke. The greens are getting progressively firmer & quicker under the new head greenkeeper, but I was able to make some good long putts, and was in tap-in range if I missed.

Matt 3 Jab
5th November 2006, 03:19 PM
Played 9 holes with a mate at new brighton, must have had about +12 for the 9, first hit for a while, about 5 months, was ok, back to the guitar ;)

BrisVegas
5th November 2006, 10:39 PM
played 9 this arvo with jayson. both had 3 over on the front 9.

6/7 fairways
4/9 GIR
16 putts

hit it pretty well, but left a few putts out there. birdied the 6th, but dubbed the 7th....nice day for it.

Flowergirl
6th November 2006, 01:30 PM
Played matchplay against Johhny boy at Nambour sometime last week - can't remember what day :-? Had to give him ten strokes and it all came down to the last putt - he made it - I didn't!!!!!!!!

Good little course Nambour. The locals were friendly and the course is very interesting. Would like to play it again so I'd know what to expect.

Played yesterday at Twin Waters. Gee - it's a short course off the red tes. Again we played matchplay at Johhny boy beat me 3/2. We both played really good golf - John played some great shots.:-D And again I couldn't putt. Gee - I really have to put some practise in cos the putting is really letting mt down big time:oops: Had a great day though. Flew home late last night after a great holiday. Back to the real world:???:

AndyP
6th November 2006, 01:33 PM
Would like to play it again so I'd know what to expect.
Now you know. Hills!

I might have been tempted to take a sicky if I had of known.

amanda
6th November 2006, 02:47 PM
I might have been tempted to take a sicky if I had of known.
My bad there - I recommended Nambour to them :)

Reenie - glad you had a good break. Sometimes it's nice to come home from a holiday - I missed my whingy students - NOT!

PeteyD
6th November 2006, 02:52 PM
Nambour is a nice course. Love the tee shots out over the cliffs (er hills) on 3 and 11.

cazandpaul
6th November 2006, 03:29 PM
Played yesterday in normal mixed comp - Paul 41pts (R/U on c/b) Caz 37pts. Hitting it nice but as everyone knows you always leave a few out there.