PDA

View Full Version : The Champs - My Impressions

PeteyD
30th October 2006, 07:04 AM
Just some comments on the experieince that was the 2006 champs:
OzGolfers are a great bunch of people, very accepting of everyone, regardless of golfing talent.
Wind sucks when you ain't used to playing in it (Except when it turns your usual 180 straighty drive into a 300 metre monster and you chip and 1 putt for birdie. And yes it was that strong at times).
Reenie is an evil woman and we all love her for it :twisted:
Getting pissed enough to be puking is not excuse for poor play, hey DC68 ;)
Tiny little flies that spring up from nowhere are extremely annoying:evil:
Sand gets everywhere :evil:
Staying at a resort on the golf course where you are playing the next morning is a great idea :mrgreen:
Connico will try anything to play off the red tees :-o(why has the photographic evidence of this not yet been posted ?? )
Brad and Mark the Blake were seperated at birth
Tony Martin can play golf
The ozgolf community is extremely generous. Prizes and time were donated by almost every participant at the champs, and the prizes were great. I think everyone got at least a ball to replace the 50 or 60 they pumped into the water at Pac Harbour.Big thank yous to everyone who made the weekend as great as it was. Roll on next year!!

dc68
30th October 2006, 01:19 PM
Just some comments on the experieince that was the 2006 champs:

OzGolfers are a great bunch of people, very accepting of everyone, regardless of golfing talent.
Wind sucks when you ain't used to playing in it (Except when it turns your usual 180 straighty drive into a 300 metre monster and you chip and 1 putt for birdie. And yes it was that strong at times).
Reenie is an evil woman and we all love her for it :twisted:
Getting pissed enough to be puking is not excuse for poor play, hey DC68 ;)
Tiny little flies that spring up from nowhere are extremely annoying:evil:
Sand gets everywhere :evil:
Staying at a resort on the golf course where you are playing the next morning is a great idea :mrgreen:
Connico will try anything to play off the red tees :-o(why has the photographic evidence of this not yet been posted ?? )
Brad and Mark the Blake were seperated at birth
Tony Martin can play golf
The ozgolf community is extremely generous. Prizes and time were donated by almost every participant at the champs, and the prizes were great. I think everyone got at least a ball to replace the 50 or 60 they pumped into the water at Pac Harbour.Big thank yous to everyone who made the weekend as great as it was. Roll on next year!!

Spot on Pete, although I think nbr 4 should read being hungover enough to puke rather than pissed :)

amanda
30th October 2006, 05:30 PM

I'm working on it ;)