PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Sun 10 Sept - anyone wanting a game?

BrisVegas
3rd September 2023, 04:25 PM
Anyone keen for a Sunday game in an open comp somewhere in greater Brisbane?

AndyP
3rd September 2023, 05:02 PM
Anyone keen for a Sunday game in an open comp somewhere in greater Brisbane?
Possibly. My neighbour hasn't let me know if he and his mate were playing at WP on Saturday, although it is Ambrose anyway, which I'm not that keen on, and the available times are very limited. Depending on what happens, I could host you at WP on Sunday. I would usually be happy to go play somewhere else, but I still have three rounds from my membership to use by the end of September, and I will be away one of those weekends. There are plenty of times available from 11:15a onwards.

BrisVegas
3rd September 2023, 05:06 PM
Possibly. My neighbour hasn't let me know if he and his mate were playing at WP on Saturday, although it is Ambrose anyway, which I'm not that keen on, and the available times are very limited. Depending on what happens, I could host you at WP on Sunday. I would usually be happy to go play somewhere else, but I still have three rounds from my membership to use by the end of September, and I will be away one of those weekends. There are plenty of times available from 11:15a onwards.

sounds good mate, nice and close!

we can compare our respective bags full of new clubs!

on a side note, I see you played Brisbane River GC the other week. What's that like? My wife and kids took me there for lunch today. The clubhouse is excellent.

AndyP
3rd September 2023, 05:21 PM
sounds good mate, nice and close!
I'll book it. As I said, I don't really want to play ambrose. I want the golf to be about me, me, me.
What time do you prefer? Something post-lunch near 1pm? Or something earlier?

we can compare our respective bags full of new clubs!Only the irons are really new. The rest have at least a few years on them, if not more.

on a side note, I see you played Brisbane River GC the other week. What's that like? My wife and kids took me there for lunch today. The clubhouse is excellent.
The clubhouse is great. The course was definitely better earlier this year, but the conditioning has dropped a little. A few silly holes and tough greens, but it's still a decent track.

BrisVegas
3rd September 2023, 05:25 PM
any time around lunch is fine. it's 2 min away.

AndyP
3rd September 2023, 05:29 PM
Booked for 12:34p at this stage.

BrisVegas
3rd September 2023, 05:31 PM
cool thanks! Are you looking for any more or is it a full group?

AndyP
3rd September 2023, 05:36 PM
cool thanks! Are you looking for any more or is it a full group?Just the two of us at this stage. I'll let Wayne know and see if he want in first.

AndyP
3rd September 2023, 05:54 PM
Two spots open to any other OZgolfers.

AndyP
7th September 2023, 05:54 PM
Anyone else? It would be good to get at least one more person. At this stage we are on the back of a group of four, who would be social players.