3rd August 2023, 10:29 PM
I'm in.

thecollective
3rd August 2023, 10:59 PM
Need one more to make the 4 ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thecollective
7th August 2023, 12:55 PM
Call to arms! Hey SAnkers, MC is now $75 per round. Here is a golden opportunity to play for around a pineapple in good company on a (hopefully) sunny Sunday morning.

DMG
7th August 2023, 01:07 PM
If HP can grab me on the way through... then I think this could be a thing for me!

Beats church!

thecollective
7th August 2023, 02:01 PM
If HP can grab me on the way through... then I think this could be a thing for me!

Beats church!

Worst case I can pick you up on way through. Thanks, putting your name down. I’m sure almighty can forgive your trespass

DMG
7th August 2023, 03:01 PM
I’m sure almighty can forgive your trespass

Until I top my drive on the first... then it's on!

Hatchman
7th August 2023, 03:35 PM
I can do pick up and or drop off home easy enough too DMG

thecollective
7th August 2023, 03:42 PM

If it tops right then you could call it an intended layup

DMG
7th August 2023, 06:25 PM
Y'all a bunch of legends...

Hard_Pan
7th August 2023, 10:13 PM
DMG, you're literally on my way to south road and I'm more than happy to pick you up. PM me the details and I'll be there. :)

DMG
8th August 2023, 09:59 AM
Sweet HP! Will send you and email mate and we can sort logistics closer to the time... like what type of coffee I'd like at pick up, etc. :P

thecollective
8th August 2023, 12:22 PM
OP updated, booked for 9AM 27/8

Lunch: are we all hanging around? if so will book for 1PM

Hatchman
8th August 2023, 12:29 PM
I’m in for lunch.

Hard_Pan
8th August 2023, 02:39 PM
Sweet HP! Will send you and email mate and we can sort logistics closer to the time... like what type of coffee I'd like at pick up, etc. :P All good. Will that be a flat white with none? :)

3Puttpete
8th August 2023, 02:50 PM
all good. Will that be a flat white with none? :)

#fwofo

thecollective
8th August 2023, 05:43 PM
#fwofo

https://media1.giphy.com/media/4cQSQYz0a9x9S/giphy.gif

thecollective
8th August 2023, 11:35 PM

Saw this tonight and thought hmmm

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvSY6Q5sSXd/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

DMG
9th August 2023, 11:50 AM
Saw this tonight and thought hmmm

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvSY6Q5sSXd/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Lol, saw that the other day also... he'll def. save me.

Hard_Pan
14th August 2023, 05:13 PM
OP updated, booked for 9AM 27/8

Lunch: are we all hanging around? if so will book for 1PMBoth DMG and I are in for lunch.

thecollective
14th August 2023, 07:23 PM
Both DMG and I are in for lunch.

Thanks for confirming, will book tomorrow for 1pm

thecollective
15th August 2023, 01:23 PM
Lunch booked for 12:45, they have a group of 25 for 1pm. So need to get in front of them.

We should get round in 3:45, if we use the force. If we order by 12:55 it will be fine.

Worst case we can phone the order through from #17

Hatchman
15th August 2023, 01:42 PM
Lunch booked for 12:45, they have a group of 25 for 1pm. So need to get in front of them.

We should get round in 3:45, if we use the force. If we order by 12:55 it will be fine.

Worst case we can phone the order through from #17

If we stay out of the Yum Yums 3:45 will be easy.
Not so easy to stay out of Yum Yums at Mt Compass though :lol:

DMG
15th August 2023, 04:00 PM
If we stay out of the Yum Yums 3:45 will be easy.
Not so easy to stay out of Yum Yums at Mt Compass though :lol:

We all know what the Yum Yums order for lunch (and breakfast)... golf balls.

I'll be happy to reduce looking time and just drop... lunch is more important to me (and I don't use Pro V1s)!

Flavzz
15th August 2023, 05:47 PM
Enjoy the round lads. Should be a good day!

thecollective
16th August 2023, 07:21 PM
We all know what the Yum Yums order for lunch (and breakfast)... golf balls.

I'll be happy to reduce looking time and just drop... lunch is more important to me (and I don't use Pro V1s)!

Biggest gain is time on green and transition between tees. I play in 3:30 every Sunday (3 ball mind you) and that feels medium pace

DMG
16th August 2023, 07:51 PM
Biggest gain is time on green and transition between tees. I play in 3:30 every Sunday (3 ball mind you) and that feels medium pace

If we play ready golf... we'll be fine. :)

Hatchman
28th August 2023, 07:37 AM
Thanks TC, HP and DMG for the game yesterday.
Great company, course was in excellent condition and lunch while not quite the simple Schnit or Burgers was excellent and worth it from my end.
Patches of something that resembled Golf from everyone during parts of the game. In true Mount Compass fashion the Cookie Monster dined out at various stages of the game.

Yum Yums 3 - Hatchman 0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQE0LQFFn3s&pp=ygUaY29va2llIG1vbnN0ZXIgZWF0cyBjb29raWU%3D

thecollective
28th August 2023, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the hit guys, great to catch up after all this time

Course was looking very tidy after more clearing, lots more tight grass. Greens were impressively quick, took 3 holes to get used to the speed.

In terms of lunch Mount Compass has gone very 'white-table-cloth' and the menu resembled more of a fine dining place than a golf course. In saying that the pasta I had was good and worth the coin as Hatch pointed out

A very quiet course though I must point out. Whilst the course probably is worth $75 im questioning whether they actually have the market to sustain it. I counted about 3 groups pass the 10-11 over about an hour

Flavzz
28th August 2023, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the hit guys, great to catch up after all this timeCourse was looking very tidy after more clearing, lots more tight grass. Greens were impressively quick, took 3 holes to get used to the speed.In terms of lunch Mount Compass has gone very 'white-table-cloth' and the menu resembled more of a fine dining place than a golf course. In saying that the pasta I had was good and worth the coin as Hatch pointed outA very quiet course though I must point out. Whilst the course probably is worth $75 im questioning whether they actually have the market to sustain it. I counted about 3 groups pass the 10-11 over about an hour Agree RE the price. My cousins and I are planning a trip down to Goolwa/Victor area and $75 is a fair stretch for one round. If the restaurant is going down the same path they need to be careful not to price themselves out of the market.

Hard_Pan
28th August 2023, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the round fellas. Company was tops as always. A few birdie chances (from very odd shot selections), added to the pleasure.

If:
Yum Yums = y
Balls Lost = x
Balls Found = f
Number of Shots = n

Then:
xy + fn = 0 8)

Hatchman
28th August 2023, 12:54 PM
Its an interesting topic for discussion on cost per round and sustainably.
I’ve always had the feeling that Golf on the Fluriue peninsula has tried to be like Melbourne’s Mornington peninsula.
Sadly Adelaide does not have the population or the amount of rich list to make $75 Green Fees look like your average normal round of Golf.
Add in Mount Compass is a very penal course wide of the fairway. Time spent looking and lost balls is pretty much normal several times a round in a group. Not to sure your every day weekend chopper likes paying $75 to look for balls and lose a heap.
It’s truly a course that caters for the Golfer that appreciates the challenge and accepts they should be punished for really poor Golf shots.
Lady Bay is more forgiving in comparison but I enjoy Mount Compass a lot more but at $75 I’m not sure I’d like to play it 4-5 times a year.
The restaurant is aimed more at the non Golfer and by the number of people in there it looks like it’s going ok. I don’t think there’s a large amount of competition for fine dining down that way.

Hatchman
28th August 2023, 01:00 PM
Thanks for the round fellas. Company was tops as always. A few birdie chances (from very odd shot selections), added to the pleasure.

If:
Yum Yums = y
Balls Lost = x
Balls Found = f
Number of Shots = n

Then:
xy + fn = 0 8)

Well played HP after our lunch discussion re: you either get complex Math or you just don’t.
An added touch would have been something = u so it spelt out fun [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMG
28th August 2023, 02:23 PM
If:
Yum Yums = y
eeeeffffffffffff that!
I lost 3 balls.

Great day! Thanks for the excellent company gents, and thanks again for getting it happening TC! A touch chilly in the morning, but ended up being pretty perfect. I was very impressed with the clearing that has been done, as it does make for a much more accessible course for a ~20 HC'er like myself. Of course, the Yum Yums will always be hungry.

Worth noting that the restaurant is not the only option. Front bar and associated menu are still an option, although can't comment on the pricing (assuming it's more in line with burger $, etc.).

Upon arrival...
https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=57858&stc=1

PerryGroves
28th August 2023, 02:45 PM
Gents,

On an SA trip (well the two I've done) we head down thru McLaren Vale on the Saturday and play Links Lady Bay due to difficulty getting on the timesheets in Adelaide. I think LLB is passable, I would prefer to go to Morphetville but I don't always get my way.

Is Mount Compass a better option? Price indifferent, looking for a better course/day out. Pic above looks good. We have ended up at The Victory after golf so it looks easier from Mt Compass, or alternatively we just hang out there.

Any thoughts appreciated.

nadg63
28th August 2023, 04:16 PM
Gents,

On an SA trip (well the two I've done) we head down thru McLaren Vale on the Saturday and play Links Lady Bay due to difficulty getting on the timesheets in Adelaide. I think LLB is passable, I would prefer to go to Morphetville but I don't always get my way.

Is Mount Compass a better option? Price indifferent, looking for a better course/day out. Pic above looks good. We have ended up at The Victory after golf so it looks easier from Mt Compass, or alternatively we just hang out there.

Personally I'd take Mt C over LLB any day - but I really dislike LLB so more than a bit biased! To me Mt C as a course has much more character and is more interesting to play - a less boring walk/ride too.

Hatchman
29th August 2023, 07:56 AM
Gents,

Mount Compass over LLB every day of the week for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMG
29th August 2023, 09:17 AM
Gents,

I'll echo what others have said. Compass over LLB. On the LLB the front 9 and up to 12 on the back are passable, but 13 on is just a bit meh. Have never really enjoyed those holes. Par 3 17th isn't bad, I guess.

Compass is a beautiful spot, and really consistent in feel throughout the 18.

PerryGroves
29th August 2023, 11:53 AM
Cheers boys, could just sort the sizing on your beers next. :lol:

DMG
29th August 2023, 12:17 PM

Just order a jug and avoid the confusion!

thecollective
31st August 2023, 06:42 PM

Had a colleague from Port Macquarie join me all this week

All he did was ask the pub for a glass sizing demo (what sizes are available) got the correct term and stuck to it

Simples

thecollective
31st August 2023, 06:47 PM
In reference to the Yum Yums :lol:

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/02af8179-b174-4203-8b84-e45577381ef6

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/02af8179-b174-4203-8b84-e45577381ef6

(https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/02af8179-b174-4203-8b84-e45577381ef6)