PDA

View Full Version : 2023 Open Championship

Stuart
20th July 2023, 12:26 PM
I love the Open coverage - great to see classic courses that have individual character. Admittedly, Hoylake is probably the least memorable of the rotation, but still better than 99% of US PGA Championship choices.

thecollective
20th July 2023, 05:52 PM
Hoylake may not look pretty but it plays so well. 06 for me was one of the best opens ever.

Love the flat bottom bunkers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

virge666
20th July 2023, 11:23 PM
Yep - will be up half the night watching this one.
Some great golf on show.

Kelsey86
21st July 2023, 06:18 AM
Been looking forward to this week for a while, unfortunately work gets in the way for the first day and a bit of it but I'll watch as much as I can over the weekend, catch up with what I miss the day after.

I'll just have to ignore my phone or whatever all of Monday to avoid getting the result 😂

virge666
22nd July 2023, 10:15 AM
Been looking forward to this week for a while, unfortunately work gets in the way for the first day and a bit of it but I'll watch as much as I can over the weekend, catch up with what I miss the day after. I'll just have to ignore my phone or whatever all of Monday to avoid getting the result 😂 All it takes is one idiot to ring you up or for one glimpse at social media to ruin the day

Kelsey86
23rd July 2023, 04:56 AM
All it takes is one idiot to ring you up or for one glimpse at social media to ruin the day Yeah, or google notifications popping up. I'll do my best though 😅

gwavz
23rd July 2023, 10:07 AM
Amazing putting by a lot of the players still up there.
Day and Fleetwood couldn’t buy a birdie though. Interesting final round coming up. Anything can happen.

3Puttpete
23rd July 2023, 02:32 PM
Amazing putting by a lot of the players still up there.
Day and Fleetwood couldn’t buy a birdie though. Interesting final round coming up. Anything can happen.

Surely it’s not much more than a victory lap for Harman?

Stuart
23rd July 2023, 04:40 PM
I always work on the theory that one player way out in front can easily come back to the pack. If he shoots 1 or 2 over, and someone else goes 3 under, there is the lead gone. However, two or three players way out in front makes this much more unlikely.

So, in this case, you would want to be Harman’s shoes, but I wouldn’t totally count out those guys at -5 and lower.

gwavz
23rd July 2023, 07:17 PM
Surely it’s not much more than a victory lap for Harman?

Harman has been playing chess, while the others have been playing checkers.
But as Stuart said, the lead can go quickly if he shoots a couple over and someone else goes low. Rahm yesterday showed it can be done.

Here's hoping for the leaders to sh*t the bid and Day can shoot -7 and drink from the cup!

thecollective
24th July 2023, 12:09 AM
Great up and down on #3.

Seen some great shots on that hole this week. For what seems like a bland flat hole it has sparked some great long iron shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Webster
24th July 2023, 09:57 AM
Worst winner ever. Like watching a cack handed garden gnome with Parkinson’s disease.

goonie
24th July 2023, 07:00 PM
I was all set to watch the final groups tonight, but accidentally found out the winner and then looked at the scores, and now I don’t think I will bother.

PerryGroves
24th July 2023, 08:23 PM
Worst winner ever. Like watching a cack handed garden gnome with Parkinson’s disease.

Jack, be careful walking past grassy knolls, the little "punter" may be behind with his bow and arrow.

Kelsey86
24th July 2023, 09:43 PM
The one time I actually manage to avoid finding out the result before watching it and it's not even a close finish 🤦🏻🥴

pt73
25th July 2023, 08:16 AM
Jack, be careful walking past grassy knolls, the little "punter" may be behind with his bow and arrow.
Mick,

He does look like Punter doesn't he.

PT

virge666
25th July 2023, 08:35 AM

He does look like Ponting.. 100%, thought that all week.

And the crowd gave him heaps .. all day long.

Good on him.. he did well under all the pressure, never looked like losing.

pt73
25th July 2023, 09:54 AM
He does look like Ponting.. 100%, thought that all week.

And the crowd gave him heaps .. all day long.

Good on him.. he did well under all the pressure, never looked like losing.
He played really smart golf in awful conditions, so much for the heckler who told him he "didn't have the stones".

WBennett
25th July 2023, 10:16 AM
The poms heckling an American at the Open has become controversial?

Its not as if the Septics don't heckle every foreigner at events in the states.

sms316
26th July 2023, 11:10 AM
Shameful handism.

PeterCool
27th July 2023, 12:20 PM
Worst winner ever.

I think most would agree. Not a total surprise but personally Id prefer one of the more popular guys to win it.

Even a Joel Dahmen type player.

But the waggles and to be totally honest I just don't like watching left handed players.

Amazingly Brian was ranked number 26 before he won.

Doubt we will see him win a major again.

razaar
27th July 2023, 01:24 PM
We don't see many tour pros waggle the club these days. It was quite common with the previous generations on tour as part of their pre-show routine. This is the first time we have had a good look at Harman's game. Harman is a prolific waggler -almost off putting to watch. Maybe the old guys got it right.

virge666
27th July 2023, 03:42 PM
Kathrine Hull ?

She is cute so it doesnt matter . . . ?

sms316
1st August 2023, 02:56 PM
to be totally honest I just don't like watching left handed players.

Agreed.