PDA

View Full Version : The Summer of Mitch

Yossarian
7th July 2023, 09:54 AM
I don't have enough eggplant emojis.

Oh baby

AndyP
7th July 2023, 10:08 AM
I was disappointed by the selection, but not by the result. How can Green come back in?

Toxic
7th July 2023, 10:28 AM
I was disappointed by the selection, but not by the result. How can Green come back in? We drop a batsmen (retire warnerOr drop a Boland/Hazel/Starc/Murphy and use Green and Marsh and Head to bowl)

Yossarian
7th July 2023, 01:07 PM
I was disappointed by the selection, but not by the result. How can Green come back in? We remember he should have been out for 12 and that he isn't even the second best red ball all rounder in the WA squad.

TheNuclearOne
7th July 2023, 04:44 PM
Green will be allowed to rest for another Test you'd think. Marsh is in a good place, (like Kwaka) he's not overly stressing about anything and every chance he gets is a bonus type of thing. Happy for him, same as his WC triumph a while back. Once he got going he was a tour de force.

SundayHack
7th July 2023, 06:48 PM
I was disappointed by the selection, but not by the result. How can Green come back in?Drop Warner and play them both.

BobsYourUncle
7th July 2023, 07:11 PM
I could get behind Marsh replacing Warner. Won't happen though.

Yeah, he got an early life, but damn he batted well after that. That pull off Wood for 6 was magic.

thecollective
8th July 2023, 12:10 AM
Warner looks like dogshit. Totally agree with the forum, play both all rounders and Head opening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stuart
8th July 2023, 07:03 AM
Honestly, that no. 6 spot is now Marsh's until he gets injured next. So Green is a shoe-in to return in the Fourth Test.

markTHEblake
11th July 2023, 12:12 PM
I find all the suggestions amusing of both Marsh and Green should play at the expense of Warner, with Head opening. Its not a 20/Twenty game coming up.
Both players are 5th bowlers and No 6 batsman. Playing 2 of those means creating a hole somewhere else for not much benefit. Head has been brilliant at 5 for a couple seasons, would probably be a mistake to change that.

I think Yoss will have to take some cold showers. Green is the incumbent, and the selectors are keen on making him the next Kallis.

Yossarian
11th July 2023, 09:54 PM
I'm actually very anti Mitch in red ball cricket. But these freeways being served up suit him and I wouldn't be against getting him to open for the next two and ****ing Warner off.

Shame Lance Morris is injured as we could use some genuine air speed.

Kelsey86
12th July 2023, 05:47 AM
Warner shouldn't have even been there at all, should have retired at the end of the Australian summer. He was hopeless on the last tour and apart from one innings he's been largely hopeless on this one as well. I have no idea why they keep persisting with him.

Yossarian
12th July 2023, 12:32 PM
Lack of options pushing up, on his day he can still win a game for you.

TheNuclearOne
12th July 2023, 06:15 PM
I find all the suggestions amusing of both Marsh and Green should play at the expense of Warner, with Head opening. Its not a 20/Twenty game coming up.

Head has been brilliant at 5 for a couple seasons, would probably be a mistake to change that.

I think Yoss will have to take some cold showers. Green is the incumbent, and the selectors are keen on making him the next Kallis.

You must have missed Head opened the batting in India for 2 1/2 Test matches when he replaced.........Warner earlier this year. Did quite well too in the context of the series. Warner was no guarantee of coming back in after that tour.

Marsh running riot now gives them options other than the risk of Renshaw and Harris at this late stage of the series. Is a reshuffle of the batting order with Green coming back in worse than keeping a Warner who is trending down in form? There's also talk of Labuschagne opening as he has two tons in Shield as an opener and virtually opened last game anyway. Given he barely bowled there's also merit in leaving Murphy out and having Head roll over a few for spinning options. Would make for a very strong batting order, a batting order that if it really got going would bat England out of a Test. Against that is the next ground favors spin more. Cummins perhaps let slip a hint when talking about having a look at the next pitch and deciding.

They'd have rocks in their head if they left Marsh out at this point in time. Warner hasn't scored a ton in England in 33 innings and Marsh blasted one under extreme pressure first Test back and he bowls as well. He's a must pick next game and looked by far the most comfortable of our bats against an attack that will stay almost the same.

there's a fair chance the selectors keep Warner whatever else they do. It probably won't be good.

TheNuclearOne
12th July 2023, 06:29 PM
I should add that Warner has been great at 1st slip and is a solid part of the on field think tank so there are pluses.

LeftyHoges
14th July 2023, 12:16 AM
I'd rather another bowler in the squad. He can open and make just as many runs as Warner has.

AndyP
20th October 2023, 09:56 PM
Bump for Yoss!

AndyP
20th October 2023, 09:58 PM
Kiss of death. I'm sorry.

Yossarian
21st October 2023, 12:07 AM
He was born for white ball cricket.

thecollective
21st October 2023, 09:16 AM
Unlike his dad, turtle scorer

Yossarian
8th November 2023, 08:30 AM
Maaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxy

markTHEblake
8th November 2023, 09:01 AM
Boooooo! Really wanted to see a cinderella story

goughy
8th November 2023, 09:03 AM
Would have made England look even worse too.

Yossarian
12th November 2023, 04:28 PM
Superior white ball cricketer

Webster
12th November 2023, 04:59 PM
Your flog sock must be getting a fair workout Yoss.

Yossarian
12th November 2023, 09:42 PM
I've watched the Maxwell highlights a fair bit, crusty.

thecollective
16th November 2023, 10:20 PM
Zampa more expensive than a trip to the Royal Melbourne pro shop

WBennett
17th November 2023, 08:45 AM
Glen Maxwell. Amazing talent. Brain the size of a grain of sand.

They won that game despite themselves. Labuschagne, Smith and Maxwell need to have a good look at themselves and the shots they threw their wickets away with

Yossarian
18th November 2023, 11:40 PM
Bit harsh on maxxy, plus we won so all sins are absolved.

Was a tricky cricket wicket, intrigued to see what kind of deck they will FIX up for the final.

thecollective
19th November 2023, 08:24 PM
This final is mad, mandatory viewing. Get Kohli out and I reckon we will start to see cracks in the levee

markTHEblake
19th November 2023, 08:43 PM
Great catch by 3puttpete in the outfield

thecollective
19th November 2023, 09:35 PM
Got im yess piss off you’re out

Dazza
19th November 2023, 10:00 PM
Tuned in. Wondered why I couldn't understand a word the commentators were saying.
Ah, Hindi feed. Wrong channel.
Took me at least a minute to work it out.

thecollective
19th November 2023, 10:03 PM
Tuned in. Wondered why I couldn't understand a word the commentators were saying.
Ah, Hindi feed. Wrong channel.
Took me at least a minute to work it out.

Is there an English feed on Foxtel? I’m watching through 9 now

3Puttpete
19th November 2023, 10:06 PM
Great catch by 3puttpete in the outfield

Go me!

Dazza
19th November 2023, 10:18 PM
Is there an English feed on Foxtel? I’m watching through 9 nowSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro Yeah, on the Fox Sports Cricket channel

thecollective
19th November 2023, 10:24 PM
Thanks, was watching Cricket plus before without realizing, same feed as nine just more reliable quality stream

LeftyHoges
20th November 2023, 12:39 AM
Stick a fork in us, we're done.

LeftyHoges
20th November 2023, 02:15 AM
Stick a fork in us, we're done.Well, that aged like milk left out in the Indian sun...

sms316
20th November 2023, 09:48 AM
How good is Head

LeftyHoges
20th November 2023, 11:28 AM
How good is Head

https://tenor.com/en-GB/view/seinfeld-the-best-gif-4648828

https://tenor.com/en-GB/view/seinfeld-the-best-gif-4648828
https://tenor.com/en-GB/view/seinfeld-the-best-gif-4648828 (http://tenor.com/tFxg.gif)

Yossarian
17th December 2023, 10:59 AM
Summer of bison off to a cracking start. ****ing off babar and getting absolutely wrecked on 90.

thecollective
17th December 2023, 02:48 PM
Summer of bison off to a cracking start. ****ing off babar and getting absolutely wrecked on 90.

Getting excited about this team now Bison has found his confidence.

Talk of Greeny getting a go as opener once Warner departs. I reckon it’s worth a try for a year

PerryGroves
17th December 2023, 02:58 PM
Getting excited about this team now Bison has found his confidence.

Talk of Greeny getting a go as opener once Warner departs. I reckon it’s worth a try for a year

Khawaja will be gone shortly as well, not sure you can say to the potential incumbents to go and make Shield runs, then when they do just pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Yossarian
17th December 2023, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately you just have to pick Bancroft. No way green should open.

thecollective
17th December 2023, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately you just have to pick Bancroft. No way green should open.

Just as long as he doesn’t pour sugar down his pants

Webster
17th December 2023, 03:55 PM
Surely there is some bloke averaging 30 in Sydney grade cricket who is already marked as the next in line??

thecollective
17th December 2023, 04:14 PM
We had years of that in the 80s and 90s. Boof never got a look in with Mark Waugh in the team

PerryGroves
20th December 2023, 07:46 PM
Surely there is some bloke averaging 30 in Sydney grade cricket who is already marked as the next in line??

Listening to that tool Hodge during the BB is enough to convince me that Victorians (SKW aside) don't belong in the Australian team. When talking about openers, its also clear that a State that produced Elliott is not fit to enter into the discussion to replace our Davey.

Webster
20th December 2023, 08:24 PM
Elliott was a gun, his career derailed/ended by personal upper cuts including rooting teammates wives on multiple occasions. A truly moronic bloke who should have played easily more than 100 Tests averaging more than 50.

PerryGroves
20th December 2023, 08:28 PM
Elliott was a gun, his career derailed/ended by personal upper cuts including rooting teammates wives on multiple occasions. A truly moronic bloke who should have played easily more than 100 Tests averaging more than 50.

And a Victorian, hence why you people don't get picked. Suspect he probably rabbited on about AFL as well.

Hatchman
20th December 2023, 08:32 PM
Was he the tool squeezer that did his knee in a running between the wickets collision?

Webster
20th December 2023, 09:22 PM
And a Victorian, hence why you people don't get picked. Suspect he probably rabbited on about AFL as well.Had he been from NSW he would have played 100 Tests.

Steve57
21st December 2023, 08:50 AM
Had he been from NSW he would have played 100 Tests.
And got a sendoff at the SCG in his final test!:)

sms316
21st December 2023, 10:52 AM
Had he been from NSW he would have played 100 Tests.
He would have had to move interstate to get a Shield game.

AndyP
28th December 2023, 05:01 PM
Cometh the hour.

3Puttpete
28th December 2023, 05:52 PM
Cometh the hour.

This didn’t age well.

AndyP
28th December 2023, 06:08 PM
This didn’t age well.
It had already aged beautifully and was ready to drink now. Or is making 96 runs coming in when your side is 4/16 not good enough?

3Puttpete
28th December 2023, 06:46 PM
It had already aged beautifully and was ready to drink now. Or is making 96 runs coming in when your side is 4/16 not good enough?

Whatever he made after the drop doesn’t count and he was out not long after you posted.

He has not cometh.

AndyP
28th December 2023, 06:50 PM
Whatever he made after the drop doesn’t count and he was out not long after you posted.

He has not cometh.
Very negative for a guy who is so positive about golf.

thecollective
28th December 2023, 09:14 PM
Time for Alex to step up and make a 50 with the tail

Kelsey86
28th December 2023, 09:27 PM
They've probably got enough runs to win it now

3Puttpete
29th December 2023, 03:14 PM
Very negative for a guy who is so positive about golf.

I’ve never been given a life on 20

thecollective
29th December 2023, 06:21 PM
Time for Alex to step up and make a 50 with the tail

Sure did, solidified his spot at 7! Looks like two croweaters will be in the side for at least the next couple of years

markTHEblake
10th January 2024, 10:07 PM
Surely by now Cameron Bancroft has gotta be really be wondering what he has done wrong.

sms316
11th January 2024, 09:47 AM
Western Australians upset that a Western Australian has been left out so another Western Australian can find his way back in.

TheNuclearOne
11th January 2024, 09:32 PM
Western Australians upset that a Western Australian has been left out so another Western Australian can find his way back in.

When you lay it out like that it is pretty funny. It's also not impossible they may have went with Renshaw anyway given age and stats from the start of 2022 so they should be somewhat happy Green got in.

Stuart
13th January 2024, 06:54 AM
I can't quite work out why Mitchell Johnson, Justin Langer and Tom Moody are whinging about Bancroft, while Ian Healy is complaining that Renshaw wasn't included and Darren Berry feels that Harris should be there. Its almost like they are writing click-bait articles aimed solely at certain state demographics ...

When you break down Bancroft's overall first-class form from the past few years (and not just his cherry-picked Shield stats), he actually hasn't done particularly better than either Renshaw or Harris. Geoff Lemon wrote a reasonable analysis of why the selectors did the right thing https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2024/jan/12/more-logic-than-conspiracy-in-cameron-bancrofts-test-squad-omission

BobsYourUncle
13th January 2024, 07:48 AM
That's a good article. I like the chosen team - Smith has been stuck in a bit of a rut lately, opening might be just the trigger needed to get him going again. We'll see.

Yossarian
2nd February 2024, 12:11 AM
All hail 🦬

Yossarian
11th March 2024, 02:01 PM
All hail the bison. NZ with an all time cuck job.