PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here in SA still actually playing golf!?

nadg63
1st July 2023, 09:12 AM
As per the title are any SA members still actually playing!? Just wondering as things seem to have been very quiet on the forum re SA.

Personally I'm not able to play for an unknown time period due to a medical/physical issue.

Hard_Pan
1st July 2023, 01:31 PM
Yep, I still ruin a good walk of a Saturday morning at Royal North Haven. Finding I'm just lurking on here most of the time.. :neutral:

marcel
1st July 2023, 03:49 PM
Yes, lots

Flavzz
1st July 2023, 07:48 PM
More buying clubs than playing but that's par for the course. Playing about once a month on average. Lots of practice in the backyard tho. Starting to hit up xgolf a bit more due to the weather. Even considering a membership there.

thecollective
2nd July 2023, 12:42 AM
Hey Nadg, had a terrible run with injuries this year so only recently have returned to regular play.

Like many, have become a lurker on the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Benje
2nd July 2023, 05:04 PM
Play 1 to 2 games a week. Had a good round last week, but they have been irregular.

Hatchman
3rd July 2023, 12:49 PM
Working 12 hour days Saturday so can't get out for comp Golf.
Sundays have been tied up doing other things mostly with little Miss Hatch.
Been wanting to play but it's just not fitting well with life atm.

hippo10
4th July 2023, 11:25 AM
Yes. Trying to get out once a week.

coalesce
4th July 2023, 10:46 PM
Not played in a long time now. Can’t justify the expense or the time with a toddler running around the place. Maybe once he’s older and can come along.

Still lurking here tho!

nadg63
16th July 2023, 09:19 AM
Not played in a long time now. Can’t justify the expense or the time with a toddler running around the place. Maybe once he’s older and can come along.

Still lurking here tho!

Long time no see, did not realise you had a junior these days! (that'll take care of your time)

DaveK
18th July 2023, 08:50 AM
I'm back Nadg

nadg63
18th July 2023, 04:04 PM
I'm back Nadg

I thought I was seeing things when I saw your user name pop up lol :lol:

wazamac
23rd July 2023, 10:58 AM
Once a month I might remember this site exists

Hard_Pan
23rd July 2023, 02:27 PM
You seemed to be "getting back into the swing" literally last time we met waz.. But jeez, that was a while ago. Nice to hear from you nonetheless! :)

DMG
3rd August 2023, 04:33 PM
Not regular play for me as we're still down to one car, and with the daughter now working Saturday's I need to keep that car free.

Try to have social rounds with mates semi-regularly, which has been good.

Still on the forum at least weekly.

Chris32
3rd October 2023, 02:15 PM
I played my second round this year on Friday arvo! That's a 50% improvement on last year :lol:

Just no real spare time to play with any regularity

thecollective
3rd October 2023, 06:23 PM
I played my second round this year on Friday arvo! That's a 50% improvement on last year :lol:

Just no real spare time to play with any regularity

Hey Chris, I feel your pain. Although I have been more successful in finding time amongst a flurry of family and work commitments

Still in Greenwith?

golfbound
3rd October 2023, 08:35 PM
I will be in SA in a few weeks for the Webex event. Should be fun.