PDA

View Full Version : Any good independent club fitter in Sydney?

leonard157
10th June 2023, 10:27 PM
Hi All,

New golfer here (starting Oct 22). So today I went to Pureform Golf for full bag fitting, my first fitting ever, my goal is simple: look doesn't matter, just want to know what's best for me (and/or can help me to improve)

All in my mind before the fitting was: length, loft, lie, shaft stiffness. Didn't know what to expect really.

But then, the result seems...odd, my iron 6 club speed is only 80.5mph and the "best" shaft for me is stiff shaft Nippon Modus 120s, with JPX 923,even though the dispersion looks nice.
And nothing else needs adjustment, standard everything length, loft, lie.

Also the guy seems to be pushing the deal, quote was 2.6k after 20% off for iron set + hybrid 3 + shaft +SST PURE (Shaft Alignment something, not sure what it is)
Didn't get fitted for driver, putter, so fitting cost was AUD199

Any good fitter in Sydney that I can get second opinion? heard from this forum Cool club oz and Precision Golf seem nice?

Thanks in advance

AndyP
12th June 2023, 08:03 AM
Did they provide you with the specs so you can go and buy whatever you want based on them?

pt73
12th June 2023, 08:45 AM
Hi All,

New golfer here (starting Oct 22). So today I went to Pureform Golf for full bag fitting, my first fitting ever, my goal is simple: look doesn't matter, just want to know what's best for me (and/or can help me to improve)

All in my mind before the fitting was: length, loft, lie, shaft stiffness. Didn't know what to expect really.

But then, the result seems...odd, my iron 6 club speed is only 80.5mph and the "best" shaft for me is stiff shaft Nippon Modus 120s, with JPX 923,even though the dispersion looks nice.
And nothing else needs adjustment, standard everything length, loft, lie.

Also the guy seems to be pushing the deal, quote was 2.6k after 20% off for iron set + hybrid 3 + shaft +SST PURE (Shaft Alignment something, not sure what it is)
Didn't get fitted for driver, putter, so fitting cost was AUD199

Any good fitter in Sydney that I can get second opinion? heard from this forum Cool club oz and Precision Golf seem nice?

Thanks in advance
A couple of top senior amateurs I know are really happy with Cool Clubs at Warriewood as you're hitting into a range using decent golf balls not indoors so you can see the actual ball flight.

BTW, a close mate of mine went to Pureform and they recommended 80g regular graphite iron shafts to a guy who hits hit driver about 270m, go figure.

sheezymaneezy
13th June 2023, 09:56 AM
Give Greg @ Sydney Golf Tech a go.

leonard157
24th June 2023, 05:33 PM
Did they provide you with the specs so you can go and buy whatever you want based on them?

Not really any specs...I did ask the fitter if I need any adjustment for length, loft and lie, his response was "not really". The report seems to focus on choosing the shafts (for iron and hybrid) then the club heads
I'm 1.70m and hitting my 7i 145m, 6i 155m (cobra king forged tec one length - standard length regular AMT shaft)

The fitter seems to emphasize the importance of choosing "the right shaft", stating: '80-85% of the fitting process is getting the right shaft, then the right club heads to match it'

leonard157
24th June 2023, 05:42 PM
A couple of top senior amateurs I know are really happy with Cool Clubs at Warriewood as you're hitting into a range using decent golf balls not indoors so you can see the actual ball flight.

BTW, a close mate of mine went to Pureform and they recommended 80g regular graphite iron shafts to a guy who hits hit driver about 270m, go figure.

80g feels like my dad's beginner set Taylormade RBZ iron set...
Thanks for the feedback :) will check Cool Clubs

Give Greg @ Sydney Golf Tech a go.

Cool, will check them out :)