PDA

View Full Version : New Putter - Scotty Cameron and/or fitting experience

gwavz
10th June 2023, 06:38 PM
Hey all,

I have used a few TaylorMade putters over the past few years with varied results. Mostly ok.
Just wondering if I was to get into a proper fitting and/or change brands, where to go, and feedback on the Scotty Cameron putters.

I hear good things, and some look pretty good, but also $ comes into it.

Thanks

Kelsey86
11th June 2023, 08:26 AM
I have no experience with being fitted for putters, but I do have a Scotty Cameron and I really like it. The weight and balance/stability of it is really good. I got it second hand but it may as well have been new, the previous owner obviously looked after it well. Mine is the Newport 2, 2021 model I think. Never liked mallet styles much.

Matt 3 Jab
11th June 2023, 12:58 PM
Had a putter fitting. Best money I've ever spent on golf. Full stop.

Once you get your specs, you can choose a brand that offers what you need.

Otherwise you're chasing your tail.

Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk

gwavz
11th June 2023, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback and advice. Any recommendations on putter fitting places in VIC?
Didn't putt too badly today, but squeeze every little thing.

AndyP
11th June 2023, 02:14 PM

What sort of specs come out of a putter fitting?

Matt 3 Jab
11th June 2023, 04:38 PM
What sort of specs come out of a putter fitting?For me is was a number of things. But they all related to aim and path.

The first was the neck. For me, I aimed and Swung along the best lines and aimed the best with a centre shaft putter. I love the look of flow necks, but these were the worst for me.

Second was the alignment aids. A shorter line helped me aim the best. The longer the line, the more right I aimed.

The third was length and lie. I needed a little flat and longer than I thought. 35/69.5.

The last thing was grip shape and size. A flat front grip with best as I used to get a bit turned over towards the front.

Overall, I built a putter to their specs and putting is now a strength.

I was fitted at cool clubs Narrabeen and I would recommend the fitter Josh to anyone.

There was no pressure to buy and I believe they have updated their tech since I was fitted.

AndyP
11th June 2023, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the info, Matt.

Matt 3 Jab
11th June 2023, 06:36 PM
Easy. It was amazing what a difference neck or line did for me. You can hole putts with anything from one time or another, but once we dialed in that I was best with a centre shaft short Topline putter. The consistency has been amazing.

Also confidence of knowing you are fit for what helps best.

I still miss putts, but I've putter twice as good as I ever had.

And brand didnt even really come into it, I just found the putter that met the specs. BUT if I really wanted to be brand specific, I'm sure it could have been built.

gwavz
11th June 2023, 09:47 PM
I like the confidence. What putter or putters and specs do you use.

Matt 3 Jab
12th June 2023, 08:35 AM
I like the confidence. What putter or putters and specs do you use.Centre shaft, short top line, 69.5 lie, 35 length. Flatso 2.0 grip.

The one that met everything, that I could buy new and specs to what I needed was an Evnroll Er5CS.

Haven't looked back.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230611/01229cb91d961db208a878575ae20946.jpg

gwavz
12th June 2023, 09:07 AM
Where did you get fitted?

Matt 3 Jab
12th June 2023, 09:16 AM
Where did you get fitted?Cool clubs Narrabeen.

Fitter was Josh.

gwavz
12th June 2023, 09:20 AM
Cool clubs Narrabeen. Fitter was Josh. Sent from my NE2215 using Tapatalk Nice. I think we have a Cool clubs in VIC. Wouldn’t mind a stinger 3 iron as an option in the bag too haha