PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all

gwavz
9th June 2023, 09:09 PM
Hey all,

Gwavz here. Member as Eastern GC in VIC... for the last 6 years.
Club and equipment FOMO, but enjoying learning more about the game and playing as much as work and family allows.

Happy to host a game before it gets too wet, and chin wag over a few beers!

Cheers.

AndyP
9th June 2023, 09:27 PM
Welcome Gwavz. I might take you up on that offer next time that I am in Melbourne.

Dazza
10th June 2023, 07:06 AM
G'day gwavz

3Puttpete
10th June 2023, 01:06 PM
G’day gwavz,

I haven’t played Eastern I’m gonna need some opinions from regulars on here so I know what I’d think if I went there.

gwavz
10th June 2023, 01:39 PM
Welcome Gwavz. I might take you up on that offer next time that I am in Melbourne.

No worries - Not sure how many more good days we'll have leading into Winter.
Will need to migrate over to the sandbelt courses. :)

gwavz
10th June 2023, 01:40 PM
Greens have always been firm and in good condition... however works still required and water in certain areas means soft under foot...

G’day gwavz,

I haven’t played Eastern I’m gonna need some opinions from regulars on here so I know what I’d think if I went there.

LeftyHoges
12th June 2023, 12:39 PM
G’day gwavz,

I haven’t played Eastern I’m gonna need some opinions from regulars on here so I know what I’d think if I went there.Haven't played the new Eastern, it got a bad wrap but I quite enjoyed the old Eastern. Was some ripping holes there.

gwavz
15th June 2023, 05:44 PM
Haven't played the new Eastern, it got a bad wrap but I quite enjoyed the old Eastern. Was some ripping holes there.

It's a good club, however course conditions play a big part in perception and obvious issues. Time will tell.
The old and new Eastern are very different, but yes, a lot of ripper holes are the old course. Now houses!

Happy to host a round any time.

Flavzz
25th June 2023, 03:42 PM
Welcome mate! Good to see you getting involved in the forums already.

gwavz
25th June 2023, 04:06 PM
Welcome mate! Good to see you getting involved in the forums already. Cheers dude. Bitten by the bug and trying to get better. Trying different equipment and learning better technique. However time poor to practice as much as I’d like, try to get out though when I can.

Flavzz
25th June 2023, 04:39 PM
Cheers dude. Bitten by the bug and trying to get better. Trying different equipment and learning better technique. However time poor to practice as much as I’d like, try to get out though when I can. Good stuff Gwavz. I can relate to being time poor with a young family and work. I've recently been using an orange whip training aid at home which allows me to get plenty of reps in at home using your golf muscles. An indoor putting mat is also a worthwhile investment IMO if you feel like you'll use it. That way when you do get out on the course you feel like you've got some practice under your belt.

Dcanto
25th June 2023, 06:35 PM
Welcome gwavz. Another time poor golfer here so I understand where you're at. During the soccer season in FNQ (now) my rounds are scheduled around my boys soccer commitments. Don't be afraid to ask for suggestions on how to practice when you can't play. There are many members on here who have some great practice tips and setups.

gwavz
25th June 2023, 06:45 PM
Welcome gwavz. Another time poor golfer here so I understand where you're at. During the soccer season in FNQ (now) my rounds are scheduled around my boys soccer commitments. Don't be afraid to ask for suggestions on to practice when you can't play. There are many members on here who have some great practice tips and setups. Thanks mate. Appreciate the info. The big issue at the moment is driving and putting. And chipping and approach. Haha In all seriousness, I’ve lost my draw and have a push fade. Putting distance control is rubbish.

Flavzz
25th June 2023, 07:52 PM
What putter do you play?

gwavz
25th June 2023, 08:49 PM
Taylormade Del Monte and now looking to use a Scotty Cameron Newport+

Sydney Hacker
26th June 2023, 11:01 AM
I was a member at Eastern when I was living there, word is they are struggling now with ~300 members walking away in the last renewal period.

I had a game there 2 weeks ago and some of the holes have still
Not recovered from the flooding last year.

Also had a game at the Heritage and the difference in condition was very very evident.

gwavz
26th June 2023, 11:19 AM
I was a member at Eastern when I was living there, word is they are struggling now with ~300 members walking away in the last renewal period.

I had a game there 2 weeks ago and some of the holes have still
Not recovered from the flooding last year.

Also had a game at the Heritage and the difference in condition was very very evident.

Let me put it this way, it is easy to get a time on Saturday or Sunday now. Lots of work to do still.

My mate played Heritage on Sunday and said it is by far the best condition course out this way in the clay belt.

LeftyHoges
28th June 2023, 08:57 AM
Taylormade Del Monte and now looking to use a Scotty Cameron Newport+

If you can, have a look at the Evnroll range. I putt like a 5-year old with a fire hose but with mine distance control was certainly never the problem...

3Puttpete
28th June 2023, 10:07 AM
If you can, have a look at the Evnroll range. I putt like a 5-year old with a fire hose but with mine distance control was certainly never the problem...

Next up, I’ll provide some tips on the ideal 14 club bag set up.

gwavz
28th June 2023, 08:43 PM
Thanks. I’ll take a look at a few brands including Evnroll. how’s the LAB stuff? Crazy looking!

Let’s make a new winter bag for Gwavz!