PDA

View Full Version : Queenstown Golf

TheGasman
8th June 2023, 03:04 PM
Hey lads,

I'm looking at a golfing trip to Queenstown mid/late November, thinking 3 courses, Mon/Wed/Fri, which 3 would you play?

Thanks!

blurry
8th June 2023, 03:08 PM
Have a look at Luke Kwon golf on YouTube he’s just done series playing all the courses around Queenstown.
Jacks Point , The Hills

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGasman
8th June 2023, 03:15 PM
Yeah I've seen the Jacks Point one and that's a definite. The other two highest ranked are The Hills and Arrowtown, but curious to hear from those who've been there done that. We're all hackers and will likely play some form of ambrose or other alternative formats.

Dcanto
8th June 2023, 03:27 PM
Yeah I've seen the Jacks Point one and that's a definite. The other two highest ranked are The Hills and Arrowtown, but curious to hear from those who've been there done that. We're all hackers and will likely play some form of ambrose or other alternative formats. I played Arrowtown back in 2014 and remember it being a cracker of a members course. Not the toughest layout you'll ever play but still a good challenge with some great views.

ParkRoyal
8th June 2023, 04:15 PM
Played the front 9 at Arrowtown in 2019 - Possibly one of the most organically quirky courses going around, super fun, not tough, but you'll probably play some shots you've never played before.

pt73
8th June 2023, 05:13 PM
The link below suggests The Hills is now $1000 NZ a round ..... ouch.

https://www.thetravellinggolfer.com.au/course-report/the-hills-gc-queenstown-new-zealand

Jacks Point is a must, Millbrook now has 36 holes, Arrowtown or Queenstown Golf Club are the other choices.

TS
8th June 2023, 05:18 PM
Jacks Point is a must. Replay rate is 50% off, so you may consider playing a second round there.

Millbrook has good 18 holes, the other 18 is ok. Arrowtown is probably more interesting than Queenstown.

The Hills are overrated for the price.

Horse
9th June 2023, 07:09 PM
We played in Queenstown in February.

Arrow town is a must play, awesome little course. Queenstown is a nice members course, some great views. Millbrook, we could only get on the remarkables course. It was in great condition, granted it was a week before the NZ open. The coronet has limited play for visitors unless you are staying at the resort or a guest of a resident. Views at jacks point are spectacular but I think the layout is overrated. The hills was booked out so we couldn’t get on.

golfbound
11th June 2023, 01:47 PM
Ive played Jacks Point, The Hills, Millbrook and Arrow Town. Loved Jacks point the most then The Hills, Millbrook fllowed by Arrowtown. Queenstwon looks like a great course also.

benno_r
11th June 2023, 05:41 PM
Ive played Jacks Point, The Hills, Millbrook and Arrow Town. Loved Jacks point the most then The Hills, Millbrook fllowed by Arrowtown. Queenstwon looks like a great course also.Queenstown is not a great course. Rather a 1 hr drive to Cromwell than Queenstown any day of the week.

PerryGroves
12th June 2023, 11:13 AM
Queenstown is not a great course. Rather a 1 hr drive to Cromwell than Queenstown any day of the week.

I'm a snob benno and I didn't mind it, my mate was a member there 10 years ago. We played on a cracking day and around in 3 hours, that probably helped my disposition.

benno_r
12th June 2023, 03:22 PM
I'm a snob benno and I didn't mind it, my mate was a member there 10 years ago. We played on a cracking day and around in 3 hours, that probably helped my disposition.We went there with an open mind, but found just to many dinky holes. I recall it was quite pricey (like $80). For me it's a $30 course.

Will openly admit it's a fantastic spot, and has amazing views.

I really liked Cromwell though, so for me it's an easy choice for a fill in between the other big names in the region.

TS
15th June 2023, 07:05 PM
We went there with an open mind, but found just to many dinky holes. I recall it was quite pricey (like $80). For me it's a $30 course.

I really liked Cromwell though, so for me it's an easy choice for a fill in between the other big names in the region.

Totally agree about Queenstown. I think I paid $125 + cart in Feb. It would be ok if it is $60.

PerryGroves
15th June 2023, 09:33 PM
We went there with an open mind, but found just to many dinky holes. I recall it was quite pricey (like $80). For me it's a $30 course.

Fair call mate, it's a sub $50 track

Johnny Canuck
16th June 2023, 05:03 PM
Arrowtown is a fantastic track.