PDA

View Full Version : Sports Arbitrage

virge666
6th June 2023, 09:21 AM
Has anyone out there tried this... the Maths brain in me says it should be possible, youTube has enough stuff on it.
the dedicated website scrapers out there seem to function on it... OddsJam and Sure Bet.

Wondering if it is worth the investment in time for the payout.. or do we have to keep using bonus bets and join up bonus' to make it work.

Anyone out there had a play in this sandbox ?

PerryGroves
6th June 2023, 09:41 AM
Virge, don't know the specifics of the two sited you've mentioned, coming from a trading background I've had a few mates from the business try "arbing" sporting markets in the past (not recently), predominately using Betfair as a lay option.

Two things have happened, they get banned (by the corporates) or they get bored........sports/racing betting should be a bit of fun IMO, plenty of money available elsewhere.

virge666
6th June 2023, 10:04 AM
Virge, don't know the specifics of the two sited you've mentioned, coming from a trading background I've had a few mates from the business try "arbing" sporting markets in the past (not recently), predominately using Betfair as a lay option.

Two things have happened, they get banned (by the corporates) or they get bored........sports/racing betting should be a bit of fun IMO, plenty of money available elsewhere.

yeah - this is what i thought would happen - me also from trading background, selling options mainly, i have the same issue, what was fun to learn back in 2003 is now a bit of a functional but profitable chore, was looking for a new challenge. Was hoping due to the spread in gambling being 16% or thereabouts... thinking there had to be some premium in there somewhere for someone else to take advantage of.

Back to ES strangles then...

markTHEblake
6th June 2023, 11:02 AM
Anyone out there had a play in this sandbox ? A good friend of mine ( i think you know him ) has been doing this stuff for over 10 years. Its harder than it used to be, "they" continually close the gaps by changing the rules, and nowhere near as much bonus money being handed out. Whatever you see on YT is probably correct, providing that its recent. To make money you gotta put in several hours a day.

Captain Nemo
6th June 2023, 11:55 AM
I’ve played for few years laying on betfair mostly horses….
But with the margins so slim and the commission to BF it’s hard to make money, you need a nice bankroll and to be doing it daily….

Courty
6th June 2023, 09:07 PM
Anyone out there had a play in this sandbox ?

Not me, but I know of someone who does. He's invested significant time & resources into it and by all reports has been doing rather well at it.