PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 23rd October

Grunt
23rd October 2006, 01:01 PM
Gosh, now who will start/fill the "How did you play this week" threads whilst he is gone ??? ;)

Guess you jumped too soon Pete.

Well I played @ Coff Harbour this morning with CoffsHacker (craig). We played 1-18. Nice Course, was very rusty early, could not score 11 points. Came back well on the back nine with 22 points, 5 over off the stick.
Not too sure of the stats but only missed a couple of fairways, short game early on was horrible!
Was my first game of not getting a double bunger on a hole during a round. Oh Well will still be of 18 or less for the champs, not enough games between now and then to blow out.

3oneday
23rd October 2006, 01:57 PM
Obviously, damn, you beat me to it ;)

:cry:

Coffs_Hacker
25th October 2006, 10:03 AM
2 games this week so far with Grant :)

35 pts on Mon - played well just didn't click for a good score
4bbb on tues - not sure of our score?? all i can say is if grants form from yesterday continues i've got $20 on him being last in the champs LOL. He had a shocker, but there's lots of golf coming up for him to practice.

Sat/sun this week is the Coffs Cup 36hole event. Doesn't compare to the Champs it will have to do.

Grunt
26th October 2006, 07:32 AM
Played yesterday with Stoney & BV @ Carbrook. I guess it was better than Tuesday's game but it could have been way worse. HItting low fade/slices with the occasional straight one when the slice was allowed for. Iron play was ok but not too flash, not sure if putting/short game can get any idea on due to the greens being very sandy.

98 Gross
80 Nett

No other stats tracked, putts would've been close to 40 had 3 3 putts.

Playing 9 holes tonight with G69 @ Emearld Lakes. See if i can pick up some tips from the Champ.

Moe Norman
26th October 2006, 10:43 AM
look out champs.

had a lazy 3 over at St. Lucia this morning including 5 birdies. If i can improve my wedge game in 2 days start ingraving my name now!

my new chipping strategy seemed to work and my putting has improved immensely!

AndyP
26th October 2006, 01:10 PM
Sorry Moe, we've already finalised numbers for Sunday without you. Would be such a shame if you were leading after the first day too.......

Moe Norman
26th October 2006, 01:21 PM
i'm still in pencil son

Grunt
26th October 2006, 08:36 PM
Played 2 lots of nine today, One with rachelle's step father at Burliegh Palms. Did not play too badly at all for a 6 over par round.
Then tonight played at Emerald Lakes with g69 to shoot a 9 over 45. Happy with the ballstriking pity the short game sucks so much.

BrisVegas
26th October 2006, 08:45 PM
Then tonight played at Emerald Lakes with g69 to shoot a 9 over 45. Happy with the ballstriking pity the short game sucks so much.

the important qustion is... what was dicky wearing? was it the black shorts, grape shirt ensemble??

BrisVegas
26th October 2006, 08:47 PM
carbrook on wed from the tips.

84 gross
76 nett
11 fairways
?? GIR
37 putts
long game was good. chipping was dysmal. putting poor, greens were sanded

steverawlo
27th October 2006, 02:34 PM
look out champs.

had a lazy 3 over at St. Lucia this morning including 5 birdies. If i can improve my wedge game in 2 days start ingraving my name now!

my new chipping strategy seemed to work and my putting has improved immensely!

Moe - looking at your record, each time you've shot in the 70's you've followed it up with a score in the high 80's.
Don't think about that on Saturday though mate :smt002

BrisVegas
27th October 2006, 06:14 PM
carbrook on wed from the tips.

84 gross
76 nett
11 fairways
?? GIR
37 putts
long game was good. chipping was dysmal. putting poor, greens were sanded
nudgee on fri in pretty fresh winds.

84 gross
31 points
9 fairways
8 GIR
32 putts
new driver worked well and my irons were better than they have been in a while. hit some decent short chips, as i missed plenty of greens. made NOTHING on the greens.

Eag's
27th October 2006, 07:13 PM
Played my first comp round since June today at Nudgee so a bit rusty.

Shot 92
Fairways 7
Greens 5
Putts 36 :smt087

Showed some promising signs but the shanks got hold of me for a patch :oops:
Looking forward to getting out and playing again on a regular basis :-D

AndyP
27th October 2006, 09:09 PM
27/10/2006, Nudgee GC, Stableford

8/14 effective T-shots.
4/18 effective approaches.
30 putts.
-------------
2 birdies.
2 pars.
11 bogeys.
2 doubles.
1 other.
Score 44-43-87 stab 31pts (Par 35-36-71)

I've never been so disappointed to get a birdie as I was today. Put 3W, 3W to just over a metre on the par 5 12th, and pulled the putt for my first ever eagle. Had putted great until then, but continued missing the putts I should have got for the rest of that nine.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how I was striking it and my score.

Iain
28th October 2006, 06:58 AM
3w and 3w to the 11th, thats impressive for a 145m par 3....

AndyP
28th October 2006, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I went 200m right off the toe, and had to use the 3W to get back.

Edited to 12th...

Coffs_Hacker
30th October 2006, 09:31 AM
Played the Coffs Harbour Cup on the weekend 36hole event. Its the biggest event in coffs outside the club champs.
Had a 85/73 and 84/72 for the 2days for 3over. Kinda disapointed as i played very well with a lot of pars and birds in there and a handfull of big holes too. Worst was our nineth, 2 over of the stick going up nine, 2nd shot short, 3rd rolled off the back with pin at the back, 4th (tiny/tiny/tiny chip out off thick grass) to watch the ball roll 30m at a snails pace of the front and past where i hit my 3rd. Made 7

cazandpaul
30th October 2006, 02:24 PM
After 2 weeks of illness finally got out for a hit yesterday - 4 person ambrose with Caz and another couple - 63 net 55.125 and a winner's voucher - NTP as well - good team play but was happy with the way I hit it after the enforced layoff.

Courty
30th October 2006, 02:38 PM
Had an indifferent round on Saturday for 32 points. However, something is starting to click with the ballstriking. It has been terrible since coming back from injury. A few adjustments on Saturday saw immediate improvement. A little work still required, but the signs are good.
Still can't complain too much when you get 0.1 back and still win all the money. :twisted: