PDA

View Full Version : Question Ads

petethepilot
9th May 2023, 05:48 PM
Why does every time I select a forum topic…it comes up with a frickin Google ad for some completely unrelated golf ad? Very annoying!

AndyP
9th May 2023, 05:52 PM
Why does every time I select a forum topic…it comes up with a frickin Google ad for some completely unrelated golf ad? Very annoying!
Ads are supplied by Google and are based on your browsing history. I don't have control over the specific ads that are shown, only the topics allowed and restricted.

I have removed ad locations and display methods in the past because they were too annoying, but I am reluctant to make many more changes as they are what keep the forum running and contribute to our charity donation.

PerryGroves
9th May 2023, 08:23 PM
Andy, I'm getting the same as the Pilot, click on a topic and I get an ad, hasn't happen before.

Dazza
9th May 2023, 09:08 PM
Andy, I'm getting the same as the Pilot, click on a topic and I get an ad, hasn't happen before. Full page pop up ad is what I'm seeing.

goughy
10th May 2023, 06:58 AM
Is it happening just the first time you click on a forum topic? That's kinda what it seems like to me. Cost of living.

markTHEblake
10th May 2023, 09:01 AM
When i opened this thread, i got an ad for Total Tools. Google ad relevance seems to be working.

AndyP
10th May 2023, 10:55 AM
What are the specifics? On the PC or via phone? A specific forum theme being used? Lightweight? Tapatalk?

AndyP
10th May 2023, 10:59 AM
I think that the ad style that you are talking about is a Google Ad experiment that I set up recently. It provides a different ad style to 50% of users over a period of a month, then determines which is more successful for revenue.

markTHEblake
10th May 2023, 11:59 AM
What are the specifics? On the PC or via phone? A specific forum theme being used? Lightweight? Tapatalk? I use Firefox browser on Android, and yes sometimes i need to manually hide the ad. I dont mind because you do need new clubs.

BUSHY
10th May 2023, 04:10 PM
What are the specifics? On the PC or via phone? A specific forum theme being used? Lightweight? Tapatalk?

Still no ads in Tapatalk Andy

Ron Burgundy
10th May 2023, 05:45 PM
I get a full page pop up ad a couple of times a day when clicking on a post. Via phone (iPhone using safari). Haven’t noticed it being linked to any particular thread or topic. Not a massive issue. Easy enough to close the ad.

AndyP
10th May 2023, 06:53 PM
I assume it is when it is lightweight theme when the ads come. I have got them, but like Ron, I find it an easy one click close.
Still no ads in Tapatalk AndyAnd when they do, the pricks don't pay except some bullshit credit that is very hard to cash out. Tapatalk sucks!

markTHEblake
10th May 2023, 07:43 PM
I dont use tapatalk on principal, its good for the forum.

Daves
10th May 2023, 07:48 PM
I don't get any on my desktop, Ad Blocker takes care of them. I got one today via Chrome on my Android Phone. Similar to lots of free App ads, easy enough to close.