PDA

View Full Version : Vic: 2024 VIC Champs - The Broad Brushstrokes

LeftyHoges
4th May 2023, 04:08 PM
So I'm throwing this out to the group to get a consensus, the landscape has changed a little since COVID with regards to Peninsula-Kingswood and getting a large group on. Basically put, Saturdays AND Sundays are pretty much out. It CAN be done, but has to be booked miles out as there's already bookings for aeons in advance, we'd be split up amongst the members field, basically put, it's a whole mess.

What they have advised we may able to do, is a Friday and Saturday. They've floated the weekend of February (Friday) 2nd and (Saturday) 3rd.

They have the following pricing:
A room is $990 per night, twin share, so $495 per person. This includes your golf (and breakfast, and access to some facilities (bowls!!!)). The amount of nights you stay dictates the amount of rounds you get. So you'd essentially be looking at $1000 for two nights accomm and 2 rounds of golf. BUT, we may also be able to possibly get away with staying one night (which includes one game of golf), and paying a $250 green fee for the second round.

So $745 covers one night accommodation, one breakfast and 2 rounds of golf.

This would mean one of three things.

Scenario 1: The Uncivil War is played Friday as usual, and round 1 of the Champs is held there. Another venue would need to be found for the Sunday.
Scenario 2: We play the two rounds of the Champs here, and hold the Uncivil War on the Sunday at another venue.
Scenario 3: We modify our usual schedule and instead look at a week of Monday - Friday for a once-off Champs, therefore possibly also gaining access to a Kingston Heath for the Uncivil War? Monday warm-up, Tuesday KH, Wed & Thu PK, Friday Warm-down....??? Looking at KH's website Tuesday seems to be their Corporate Day)

Just spit-balling ideas here, there's no right or wrong opinion.

Please let me know your thoughts...

3Puttpete
4th May 2023, 04:22 PM
Immediate reaction (likely to be reviewed):

I reckon we could find cheaper accommodation and breakfast for less than $250 for the second night and even if we do, is champs champs if we’re scattered among a full field?

I really like Monday-Friday. It’s only 1 extra day’s leave for a lot of us anyway.

If PK is a bucket list type situation for you though, get us on whenever you can under any conditions. We’ll make it work.

PeteyD
4th May 2023, 04:43 PM
Monday to Friday sounds good. Might cost us some locals who normally play the weekend, if there are any of those.

Courty
4th May 2023, 04:57 PM
Monday to Friday sounds good. Might cost us some locals who normally play the weekend, if there are any of those.

Agreed, but when they see the rota surely they'll decide it's worth taking a few days off.

BobsYourUncle
4th May 2023, 05:01 PM
I'll make anything work. If anything, Monday to Friday probably costs me less family credits than being away for a weekend would.

simmsy
4th May 2023, 05:35 PM
Having just done similar Lefty i think the M-F thing is the best bet. opens up pretty much any course on the sandbelt that you desire doesn't it.
everyone can then fly home Friday night for the family stuff.

Lucasto23
5th May 2023, 02:09 PM
I like this Monday to Friday caper, might be a claimable business trip for a change [emoji2958]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3Puttpete
5th May 2023, 03:28 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/AXCMuyv1Tj36iai1gO/giphy.gif

WBennett
6th May 2023, 08:12 AM
Monday to Friday works here

markTHEblake
6th May 2023, 08:30 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/AXCMuyv1Tj36iai1gO/giphy.gif Playing golf with our tax advisor is deductible right?

Dotty
6th May 2023, 09:00 AM
5 days at The Dunes please. :)

I'll go with the flow with whatever is organised, with my preference towards affordable quality rather than implied prestige.

p.s. I don't know what it is like post-Covid, but Monday AM and Friday PM had peak crowds at Syd./Melb. airport and a PITA commute.

Dcanto
6th May 2023, 11:48 AM
Playing golf with our tax advisor is deductible right? Lucas has my card. :)

BUSHY
6th May 2023, 02:17 PM
5 days at The Dunes please. :)

I'll go with the flow with whatever is organised, with my preference towards affordable quality rather than implied prestige.

p.s. I don't know what it is like post-Covid, but Monday AM and Friday PM had peak crowds at Syd./Melb. airport and a PITA commute.

It’s not that bad. Unless you wanna be on the 6am anywhere.

Post the early rush it’s actually quite pleasant.

LeftyHoges
26th May 2023, 11:41 AM
Well, I think this settles it, I haven't received any objection to moving this towards a Mon-Fri deal, which opens up a whole new realm of possibilities for us.

The official word is this will be it, and I'll still be looking around the Mid - late February time slot.

We'll aim for Tues at KH for the Uncivil War, and Wednesday - Thursday for the Champs rounds. Monday and Friday I'll have a scout around to see what I can find that is "affordable quality".

Word of warning though, it's still going to be very pricey, so if you haven't already start blowing guys for cash scraping together your pennies...

Can we maybe start putting together a little list of attendees so I know how much to book?

I'm gonna start with:

1. LeftyHoges
2. Courty
3. peter_rs
4. Shazza_rs
5. wbennett
6. Bushy
7. SundayHack
8. 3PuttPete
9. BYU
10. JoeS
11. Dotty
12. Ron Burgundy
13. benno_r
14. Pickles
15. AndyP
16. DCanto
17. Lucasto23
18. PeteyD

as a base?

3Puttpete
26th May 2023, 12:42 PM
I don’t have an orange

AndyP
26th May 2023, 12:56 PM
No argument with my name being on that list.

Ron Burgundy
26th May 2023, 01:16 PM
Not sure I like you limiting my income generating options like that, but I guess I can still turn up for this.

PeteyD
26th May 2023, 01:26 PM
In, but I might try selling raffle tickets first.

AndyP
26th May 2023, 01:37 PM
I've got plenty of cash, but don't get enough blowing, if anyone is interested.

Courty
26th May 2023, 06:07 PM
Can we maybe start putting together a little list of attendees so I know how much to book?

In (in case you had any doubts).

Pencil Davo in as well.

markTHEblake
26th May 2023, 06:38 PM
Can you get cash for that? Who wants to be a millionaire?

shazza_rs
26th May 2023, 08:18 PM
Sounds perfect!

Dotty
26th May 2023, 08:28 PM
Me too.

BUSHY
26th May 2023, 09:14 PM
In.

Maybe we can shoot down to Nash Old on the Monday to get a proper taste of di*k in the mouth?

3Puttpete
26th May 2023, 10:38 PM
In.

Maybe we can shoot down to Nash Old on the Monday to get a proper taste of di*k in the mouth?

Yes!

LeftyHoges
26th May 2023, 11:52 PM
Yes!I can't win my Monday trophy there!!!

3Puttpete
27th May 2023, 12:34 AM
I can't win my Monday trophy there!!!

Friday is the new Monday.

PeteyD
28th May 2023, 12:12 PM
TGI Mondays .... not the same ring.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

rickie prowler
23rd October 2023, 08:35 PM
Can my name get put down Lefty, I got the green light now the kids are a little older!

LeftyHoges
26th October 2023, 10:02 PM
Can my name get put down Lefty, I got the green light now the kids are a little older!Sure can mate, would be great to have you back bud!!!

LeftyHoges
26th October 2023, 10:19 PM
Further plans are well into the works, though not yet ready to be officially announced.

What I CAN give you a heads up about is;

Dates are basically locked in, we'll run from Saturday 2nd March PM to Wednesday 6th March AM. Uncivil War will be Sunday PM, two Champs rounds will be Monday (time to be confirmed) and Tuesday PM. Warm-up and warm-down rounds Saturday and Wednesday.

We are on PREMIER tracks, which does unfortunately come with a PREMIER budget. Obviously it'll fluctuate a little with your own choices (twin / triple / single share accomm etc, but please figure a budget of about $1500-$1700 for this one if you're looking at the whole shebang.

When it comes to the cash for this, obviously everyone that can pay prior is greatly appreciated, BUT I am willing to set up payment plans with people that go past the actual Champs date. I'd like as many to attend that can, and obviously we are talking significant dollars here, so if this is a sticking point please speak to me about it. We're all adults here and we know what's what. Most of you have my details by now (Telegram or Text), if not PM me and get my deets or find someone who has them...

I'll hopefully have some more concrete details and an announcement soon, but if you have any questions let me know....

P. S If any mods read this maybe change the thread title to "2024 VIC Champs - the broad brushstrokes" or something of similar ilk?

Lucasto23
30th October 2023, 10:43 PM
I’m in for it all with those dates, yeah baby

LeftyHoges
30th October 2023, 11:05 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProNoice. Great to have you back again bud.

Monsta
31st October 2023, 12:16 PM
Put me down for all days Lefty, can we start making down payments now??????

PeteyD
31st October 2023, 01:38 PM

Put me down for all days Lefty, can we start making down payments now??????

Awesome! :D

LeftyHoges
31st October 2023, 10:58 PM
Put me down for all days Lefty, can we start making down payments now??????Most definitely can bud...

Muffinman
10th November 2023, 11:19 AM
new to this forum.... think i might know some of you from iseekgolf... keen to be part of this.....

markTHEblake
10th November 2023, 02:49 PM
new to this forum.... think i might know some of you from iseekgolf... keen to be part of this..... Doesnt that mean you are not supposed to like any of us?

LeftyHoges
11th November 2023, 12:13 PM
new to this forum.... think i might know some of you from iseekgolf... keen to be part of this.....G'day MuffinMan, would be great to have you along. A formal post outlining everything will be happening in the next couple of weeks, watch our for that!

goughy
11th November 2023, 12:32 PM
Doesnt that mean you are not supposed to like any of us?
I don't believe so.

rickie prowler
12th November 2023, 05:17 PM
Doesnt that mean you are not supposed to like any of us? Strange post, do you care? Maybe welcome the new guy??

markTHEblake
12th November 2023, 05:31 PM
Strange post, do you care? Maybe welcome the new guy?? Clearly you dont know the history! ISG hated Ozgolfers and it wasnt reciprocated. And it was only tongue in cheek, so dont worry too much about it.

Lucasto23
15th November 2023, 12:15 AM
So do I delay hip surgery for this event or will I get some extra shots if I play on one leg?

LeftyHoges
15th November 2023, 06:38 AM
So do I delay hip surgery for this event or will I get some extra shots if I play on one leg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProGood God man, you're more injury prone than I am!

AndyP
15th November 2023, 08:26 AM
I played in the 2000 champs while waiting for hip surgery and at times couldn't walk. Won a day too. I say postpone.

3Puttpete
15th November 2023, 12:51 PM

You have another one. Harden up.

Lucasto23
15th November 2023, 03:09 PM
We will see if I can get some good pain killers off the doc first

Muffinman
23rd November 2023, 09:09 AM
Doesnt that mean you are not supposed to like any of us?

I wasnt aware there was a rivalry thing going.... is there???

Muffinman
23rd November 2023, 09:12 AM
Strange post, do you care? Maybe welcome the new guy??

Clearly you dont know the history! ISG hated Ozgolfers and it wasnt reciprocated. And it was only tongue in cheek, so dont worry too much about it.

I certainly did not take it as anything but a bit of banter.... I too was not aware that there was some sort of rivalry.... i knew there were some ISG lads on here but I never go around to signing up till a few days ago.... its nice to see these forums alive and well.... instantly felt like the ISG days of old.... looking forward to the golf and the banter.....

markTHEblake
23rd November 2023, 09:12 AM
Yes ( in one direction) but it wasnt banter. Sad really.

Muffinman
23rd November 2023, 09:14 AM
G'day MuffinMan, would be great to have you along. A formal post outlining everything will be happening in the next couple of weeks, watch our for that!

Thanks mate, I will keep an eye out, but please put me on the list if you can. I am not sure if I am getting notifications on replies to my posts etc, gotta sort that out.....

Muffinman
23rd November 2023, 09:16 AM

Yeah, I don't get why.... you all seem like perfectly good golf-nuts like most on there were too.... there were personalities as I am sure there are here too....

Pingsta
23rd November 2023, 09:34 AM
Hey K,

Welcome to the Ozgolf family.

We must catch up for a game soon.

Muffinman
23rd November 2023, 10:54 AM
Hey K,

Welcome to the Ozgolf family.

We must catch up for a game soon.

Cheers mate, for sure

sms316
23rd November 2023, 01:11 PM
That's possibly because some people think you're a bit of a ****. ;)

markTHEblake
23rd November 2023, 04:16 PM
It wasnt me! Or him.

3Puttpete
23rd November 2023, 06:28 PM
because you're a a ****. ;)

ftfy

markTHEblake
23rd November 2023, 08:48 PM
Thanks friend

goughy
24th November 2023, 08:04 AM

I played in the 2000 champs while waiting for hip surgery and at times couldn't walk. Won a day too. I say postpone.

Good effort since we started in 2004 :)

I played I think 2011 in a moonboot; still did shit, but I reckon less shit than usual. My right leg was well locked in. Just get a medical exemption to use a cart.

ParkRoyal
6th December 2023, 12:48 PM
I may be a starter for this.

Just wanting to check that dates at this stage are 2nd to 6th March?

PeteyD
6th December 2023, 01:03 PM
I am trying t odecide if I want to fly down on Friday ...

LeftyHoges
6th December 2023, 01:29 PM
I may be a starter for this.

Just wanting to check that dates at this stage are 2nd to 6th March?

Correct mate...

WBennett
6th December 2023, 03:49 PM
Do it

You won't regret it.

A brilliant touring group

BobsYourUncle
6th December 2023, 04:06 PM
I am trying t odecide if I want to fly down on Friday ...

Friday afternoon round somewhere? Suppose I should look at flights soon too if I want to use points.

PeteyD
6th December 2023, 04:18 PM
Friday afternoon round somewhere? Suppose I should look at flights soon too if I want to use points.

No, won't be able to get there early enough for that. I guess arriving around 9 Saturday morning works. Leave Wednesday evening. And yea, points seats will be going.

BobsYourUncle
6th December 2023, 04:50 PM
I've booked. Arriving Saturday at 9:25am, leaving Wednesday at 6:50pm. Will probably get my own car again, I liked having that flexibility.

WBennett
6th December 2023, 06:14 PM
It's now confirmed I am getting a much needed hernia op in Feb. No golf for a bit, no grog for a while, no solid food for months.

Sorry all, missing my first one, but it is what it is.

Lucasto23
6th December 2023, 11:33 PM
It's now confirmed I am getting a much needed hernia op in Feb. No golf for a bit, no grog for a while, no solid food for months.

Sorry all, missing my first one, but it is what it is.

What’s in the water 🥹. Rest up mashed potatoes

Dcanto
7th December 2023, 01:01 AM
It's now confirmed I am getting a much needed hernia op in Feb. No golf for a bit, no grog for a while, no solid food for months.Sorry all, missing my first one, but it is what it is. It sucks getting old(er). I need to have a hernia op at some future point in time as well. At the moment I'm fortunate that its not at an urgent stage but my GP is recommending I look at getting it attended to sooner rather than later.