PDA

View Full Version : Gday golf mates

Chunk norris
7th February 2023, 03:57 PM
Hi guys, making the move down under from sunny Scotland in April and looking forward to getting some rounds in. Already been doing some research of where to play… moving to Adelaide I should add and looks to be plenty courses to keep me busy. Thought I’d join here for more in the know info etc. cheers

AndyP
7th February 2023, 04:07 PM
Welcome Chuck. There are plenty of members of the forum based in Adelaide, and they have regular catchups at various courses, so you should jump in on one of their days.

Dazza
7th February 2023, 06:53 PM
Welcome Chunk

AndyP
7th February 2023, 07:04 PM
Welcome ChunkHa! I missed that it was Chunk.

Dazza
7th February 2023, 07:09 PM
Ha! I missed that it was Chunk. I had to read it more than once.

3Puttpete
7th February 2023, 07:40 PM
Hi guys, making the move down under from sunny Scotland in April and looking forward to getting some rounds in. Already been doing some research of where to play… moving to Adelaide I

I’m sorry. Let us know if we can help.

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2023, 08:26 PM
Welcome Chunk

markTHEblake
7th February 2023, 08:42 PM
Adelaide is full of upper class English and Germans. You might wanna look elsewhere.

BobsYourUncle
7th February 2023, 09:16 PM
Don't listen to these guys, Adelaide is great (I lived there for 9 years). Golf courses are really busy though.

marcel
7th February 2023, 09:42 PM
Think this is spam, "Sunny Scotland"??
Welcome Chunk, I'm in Adelaide, where in Scotland are you moving from?

thecollective
7th February 2023, 11:00 PM
Welcome to Adelaide Chunk, best place for a Scotsman is right here

A few of us do have some UK heritage, although the talk of upper class is quite amusing. I have a cousin who lives in Dundee and my old man is from St Helens, very classy as you can imagine

We also had a number of East Germans who fled the country and setup shop in the Barossa Valley, who knew growing weeds would turn into one of the most successful wine regions in the world.

Chunk norris
8th February 2023, 03:33 AM
cheers for the welcome guys, moving from the lovely area of glasgow. Adelaide looks right up our street, ill miss the courses here but i`m sure being able to play all year round will make up for it.
I`ve also noticed LIV golf is in Adelaide in april so might try and get tickets for that, just need to sweet talk the other half considering its on our anniversary lol

markTHEblake
8th February 2023, 12:01 PM
Well, you probably cant blame a bloke for wanting to move to adelaide! Who wants to move to Melbourne? its full of Victorians ( and oppressive police), then theres Sydney, no description required. Perth nobody knows about, the other choice is Brisbane which is full of people from Melbourne and Sydney so best avoided.

Dcanto
8th February 2023, 01:50 PM
Welcome Chunk. Do you really know what you're getting yourself into? :)

PerryGroves
8th February 2023, 01:58 PM
Well, you probably cant blame a bloke for wanting to move to adelaide! Who wants to move to Melbourne? its full of Victorians ( and oppressive police), then theres Sydney, no description required. Perth nobody knows about, the other choice is Brisbane which is full of people from Melbourne and Sydney so best avoided.

Chunk, welcome to Australia and the forum, great set of golf courses in Adelaide, probably my favourite trip away for a few days.

The gibber above is quite common in Australia where people are desperate to tell you where they live is undoubtably the best. They are without exception always wrong, that is certainly the case here.

LeftyHoges
8th February 2023, 02:23 PM
Chunk, welcome to Australia and the forum, great set of golf courses in Adelaide, probably my favourite trip away for a few days.

The gibber above is quite common in Australia where people are desperate to tell you where they live is undoubtably the best. They are without exception always wrong, that is certainly the case here.

I'm not saying it's the best, but Victoria is EASILY the least worst. :razz: :wink:

3Puttpete
8th February 2023, 02:39 PM

I made no comment on where I live.

markTHEblake
8th February 2023, 03:00 PM
The gibber above is quite common in Australia where people are desperate to tell you where they live is undoubtably the best. Except i said where i live is the worst ( or equal too)

3Puttpete
8th February 2023, 04:20 PM
The last few posts should give you some idea of the nonsense you get from Sydney people.

Courty
8th February 2023, 05:33 PM
I'm not saying it's the best, but Victoria is EASILY the least worst. :razz: :wink:

yet you left anyhow.

Welcome, Chunk!

LeftyHoges
8th February 2023, 06:24 PM
yet you left anyhow.

Welcome, Chunk!You don't have to live somewhere for it to be the best.

RM is the best course in Australia, but I'm not there every week.

Chunk norris
8th February 2023, 08:04 PM
Welcome Chunk. Do you really know what you're getting yourself into? :) Apparently if I defend Adelaide and slag all other states I’ll fit right in haha

Chunk norris
8th February 2023, 08:07 PM
Chunk, welcome to Australia and the forum, great set of golf courses in Adelaide, probably my favourite trip away for a few days.The gibber above is quite common in Australia where people are desperate to tell you where they live is undoubtably the best. They are without exception always wrong, that is certainly the case here. Cheers bud it seems like the same here where I’ll say Edinburgh is a shit hole. Lookin forward to getting over and playing seems like a good bunch of lads with some good banter

markTHEblake
8th February 2023, 10:07 PM
Apparently if I defend Adelaide and slag all other states I’ll fit right in haha Great stuff! The mexicans get a bit sensitive so treat 'em like the English an rip it up 'em.

thecollective
8th February 2023, 11:24 PM
cheers for the welcome guys, moving from the lovely area of glasgow. Adelaide looks right up our street, ill miss the courses here but i`m sure being able to play all year round will make up for it.
I`ve also noticed LIV golf is in Adelaide in april so might try and get tickets for that, just need to sweet talk the other half considering its on our anniversary lol

There are a number of very good courses here, due to the climate many play very firm and fast, just like the summer in Scotland. I strongly recommend a weekend down the Fleurieu Peninsula and play Mount Compass, Lady Bay and Victor Harbor (play Victor early morning).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chunk norris
8th February 2023, 11:41 PM
There are a number of very good courses here, due to the climate many play very firm and fast, just like the summer in Scotland. I strongly recommend a weekend down the Fleurieu Peninsula and play Mount Compass, Lady Bay and Victor Harbor (play Victor early morning).Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProYeah I seen Mount compass and lady links they look good. Only 50 mins drive or so which isn’t too bad. I drive over an hour most weekends to play links in Scotland so a drive doesn’t bother me. Will have a look at Victor Harbor