PDA

View Full Version : Where to burn some money I don't have??

goughy
31st December 2022, 08:45 AM
Ok, so I have a hankering to spend some money I don't have, so was thinking of something to use to work on my game! But what?
It's only gonna be a couple a hundred or so.
Yes, yes, yes. I know lessons should be the start, but it's not something I'm going to keep up.
I'm interested in something like the Lag Shot; I have no doubt I am casting to some degree, or a lot! Plus I can take it to the range and not balls with it. Or the PRGR launch monitor. Part of the reason I was thinking of it is the club's range isn't great for gauging a clubs distance as it's quite up hill and quite short. So I only have two driving ranges and hitting birdie balls in my back yard, so thought it might help? Plus it works when just practise swinging too.

Any thoughts, or other suggestions?
I was thinking a range finder, and almost went that way. But the reality is that my Garmin watch is accurate enough for my abilities 99% of the time.

You can also suggest I just but groceries with the money, but what's the fun in that?

Daves
31st December 2022, 09:03 AM
An Orange Whip or a SKLZ Gold Flex;
A Hula Hoop;
Alignment sticks;
A Putting training Mat

goughy
31st December 2022, 09:16 AM
I've got plenty of old shafts I use as alignment sticks. For putting I'll go to the practice green. A hula hoop..... I'm not an 8 year old 😁 (please explain).
The first two, along the lines of what I was thinking of. But apart from them being cheaper, couldn't a lagshot like aid do exactly the same thing but then also be used with a ball to show feedback?

Daves
31st December 2022, 09:29 AM
A Hula Hoop is probably the cheapest and most versatile aid of them all. See all the videos in the search link.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hula+hoop+golf+aid

I like it particularly for understanding set up positions and resultant ball flights.

Plus you can exercise your hips and free up your rotation;)

PeteyD
31st December 2022, 12:33 PM
I got the lag shot 7 iron. It's good. You can hit balls with it which i like. Otherwise similar to the orange whip.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Pencil
1st January 2023, 04:43 PM
Putting mirror, they do actually work, I always thought they were a bit gimmicky.

AndyP
1st January 2023, 06:23 PM
Invest in crypto currency.

goughy
1st January 2023, 08:39 PM
I doubt I've got enough to buy even one crypto current!

WBennett
1st January 2023, 09:30 PM
I doubt I've got enough to buy even one crypto current! You can buy a lot more for $100 than you could a year ago