PDA

View Full Version : 2023 VIC Champs *OFFICIAL* - 16th - 20th Feb

Pages : [1] 2

LeftyHoges
4th November 2022, 06:10 PM
Probably deserves it's own thread after all the shite in the other.

Well kidlets, here we are, back again, instalment 9... It's happening!!!

A small number of details still to be sorted here, but essentially we're very much underway. As from the title proposed (and locked in) dates are Thursday Feb 16th - Monday 20th Feb.

Known details:

Thursday 16th Feb - 5 groups booked from 1:45pm at Cranbourne Golf Club (https://www.cranbournegolf.com.au/cms/). Cost is the bargain price of $60 per player. Some carts are available at $45 per cart, if you wish to be in one please let me know as you'll need to be in the first and / or second group out. Pull carts are available, and are complimentary. Entry into the club competition is free and mandatory.

Friday - Woodlands Golf Club (https://www.woodlandsgolf.com.au/cms/). 5 groups booked from 10.36am. Cost of $200. Club competition entry available (and mandatory).

Saturday 18th Feb - 6 groups booked in from 11.33am - 12.36pm at the awesome St Andrews Beach (https://standrewsbeachgolf.com.au/). Cost will be $89 per head, $25 if you would like to ride around in a cart.

Sunday 19th Feb - 7 groups booked in from 8.16am - 8.40am (two tee start) at The Dunes (https://thedunes.com.au/). $85 a head, and the same $25 for a cart.

Monday 20th Feb - 5 groups booked from 8.00am at Sandy Links (https://www.sandringham.golf/). $63 a head.

Accommodation will be at the Carrum Downs Motel (https://ingeniarental.com.au/victoria-accommodation/carrum-downs/). Everything else is completely booked or is off the charts ridiculously expensive. My apologies for this but we're living in a post-'rona world now lads and ladette. This is a little hike from the Saturday and Sunday courses (approx. 40 min) but works in well as middle ground for Thursday, Friday and Monday rounds. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Prices start from around $45 a night depending on if you're happy to sleep with other men.

Anyway, ALL ABOARD!!!!

UBank
082-991
N Hoggan

1HU47u8yCccg_P88P-UzdWBV9BZfS7n9QNGd4b9DYe_U

3Puttpete
4th November 2022, 06:14 PM
Didn’t read it.

I’ll have one with the lot

Pickles
4th November 2022, 06:21 PM
in

Dotty
4th November 2022, 06:24 PM
Ditto, and I'll bring the Uncivil War trophy.

p.s. On the positive side of the lockdowns, I got to display 3 perpetual trophies for up to three years.

Ron Burgundy
4th November 2022, 06:29 PM
Feel free to remove those ? from mine.

LeftyHoges
4th November 2022, 06:37 PM
Alright guys, we all know the drill. Please let me know what you would like.

Thurs - Mon golf and whether you would like carts?

As for the Motel, it has a fairly clean slate of rooms at this stage, with options of Single sleeper (own room, Queen bed, will be around $125 a night) up to 3 in a Family room (will work out at around $45 per person a night). There is also a middle ground of a twin room with 2 queens beds, which is the same rate as the Family room, so you're looking at around $65 a night for that option.

PLEASE DEAR GOD tell me what you want clearly, and early, as I need to let the Motel know of rooms as soon as possible. I can't guarantee if you want a bed in 6 weeks time that it'll be there.

BUSHY
4th November 2022, 06:40 PM
Just in case all the Y’s were a Spreadsheet error…

I’m in for all - will share a Family Room as I know its essentially a storage area.

I’ll cart both days on the weekend please.

LeftyHoges
4th November 2022, 06:47 PM
Just in case all the Y’s were a Spreadsheet error…

I’m in for all - will share a Family Room as I know its essentially a storage area.

I’ll cart both days on the weekend please.

Share a Family room as a 2 or a 3?

3Puttpete
4th November 2022, 07:03 PM
Didn’t read it. I’ll have one with the lot All the golf. No carts. All the accommodation, happy to share a 3 berth cabin.

Ron Burgundy
4th November 2022, 07:14 PM
All the golf. No carts. All the accommodation, happy to share a 3 berth cabin. Same

BUSHY
4th November 2022, 07:20 PM
Share a Family room as a 2 or a 3?

Whoever wants to share - 2 or 3 is fine with me.

BUSHY
4th November 2022, 07:20 PM

Who wants in?

3Puttpete
4th November 2022, 07:23 PM
All the golf. No carts. All the accommodation, happy to share a 3 berth cabin.

Same

Who wants in?

Sorted?

Captain Nemo
4th November 2022, 07:28 PM
Mmmm, probably rude not to!

AndyP
4th November 2022, 07:33 PM
All the golf. No carts. All the accommodation, happy to share a 3 berth cabin.
This works for me too. In, in, and in.

AndyP
4th November 2022, 07:43 PM
Considering the number of ins, is there a WhatsApp/Telegram group that I'm missing?

Dotty
4th November 2022, 07:45 PM
5 days golf, 4 nights accom (prefer single, if available) and no cart needed.

AndyP
4th November 2022, 07:55 PM
It looks like Chelsea Bicentennial and Marriot Waters are the closest parkruns for those who think they are any chance of taking my OZgolf Champs parkrun title away from me.

Ron Burgundy
4th November 2022, 08:07 PM
Mmmm, probably rude not to! Welcome back Capt. Don’t forget your champ jacket!

Captain Nemo
4th November 2022, 08:28 PM
Welcome back Capt. Don’t forget your champ jacket!

8)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221104/c9bf03801313d0751a016eb9f92301dd.jpg

LeftyHoges
4th November 2022, 08:54 PM
Considering the number of ins, is there a WhatsApp/Telegram group that I'm missing?All those yesses were still there from 2020.

But yes, there is a Telegram group also, I've just added you.

AndyP
4th November 2022, 08:57 PM
But yes, there is a Telegram group also, I've just added you.
Dear Lord!

Pickles
4th November 2022, 09:24 PM
Put me down for a cart sat/sun. No accommodation for me though

BUSHY
4th November 2022, 11:19 PM
It looks like Chelsea Bicentennial and Marriot Waters are the closest parkruns for those who think they are any chance of taking my OZgolf Champs parkrun title away from me.

How fast do you do 5k?

BUSHY
4th November 2022, 11:20 PM
8)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221104/c9bf03801313d0751a016eb9f92301dd.jpg

Oh yeah baby!!!

BUSHY
4th November 2022, 11:36 PM
Sorted?

This makes me glad!!

SundayHack
5th November 2022, 05:43 AM
In for the lot. Carts both Saturday and Sunday. Family storage room cabin for accom please

AndyP
5th November 2022, 06:59 AM
How fast do you do 5k?21:20 was the fastest I got to this year. Vic Champs PB Is 19:32.

spanner039
5th November 2022, 07:48 AM
Saturday & Sunday with carts thanks

no accommodation

Luxury Vehicle available for transport on the weekend rounds

jonti
5th November 2022, 08:46 AM
I'm in Saturday, Sunday (possibly other days)
No Accommodation
No Cart
Cheers
Tom

JoeS
5th November 2022, 09:42 AM
Welcome back, In for all golf, shared accommodation is fine with me, walking all days.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

shazza_rs
5th November 2022, 05:03 PM
In for all. Thanks Lefty!

Monsta
5th November 2022, 05:53 PM
OMG its about bloody time......................
I am in for all golf, single room for me please Lefty (can let the chainsaw loose without upsetting anyone)
Will cart it for the Sat and Sunday (getting old and fat)

Best get up in garage and start on the trophies

WOOOOOOOOHOOIOOOOO

PeteyD
5th November 2022, 07:05 PM
Nice! Gonna miss this one as I'll be away :(. Have fun everyone.

AndyP
5th November 2022, 07:41 PM
OMFG! Right near one of my favourite breweries.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221105/c66713eac01a69a3091eca9935df87d4.jpg

Sydney Hacker
5th November 2022, 07:43 PM
There is one across the road from St Andrew’s Beach also, but if you want to go there on a weekend I suggest you book a table soon.

BobsYourUncle
5th November 2022, 08:22 PM
I'm hoping to make this, but need some time to make sure I've got family duties covered.

AndyP
5th November 2022, 08:58 PM
There is one across the road from St Andrew’s Beach also, but if you want to go there on a weekend I suggest you book a table soon.That's probably the one part owned by David Warner.

Sydney Hacker
5th November 2022, 09:34 PM
That's probably the one part owned by David Warner. That is a good a reason too not book in there then!

3Puttpete
5th November 2022, 11:12 PM
I'm hoping to make this, but need some time to make sure I've got family duties covered.

Incorrect.

The family needs to make sure they’ve got Vic Champs duties covered.

benno_r
6th November 2022, 10:07 AM
I'll go Fri - Sun golf please. Carts for Saturday only.

Accom Thur/Fri/Sat nights, on my ownsome.

And btw Lefty, you're dreamy. [emoji7]

WBennett
7th November 2022, 08:11 AM
Lefty. Leave submitted. I must be getting old, I have asked for an extra day off work for recovery.

In for 5 days with Captain Kev and the Commodore ute.

Can share a room, and happy to share the knowledge that whoever rooms with me generally wins.... GK, SundayHack, Lucasto23

Will cart it for the Sat and Sunday

WBennett
7th November 2022, 08:17 AM
Patterson River, Cranbourne, Long Island, Ranfurlie, Sandhurst, Frankston, Rossdale, or we could try a repeat and go Souther, Spring Valley and / or Woodlands.

Of the new, Long Island, Cranbourne, Sandhurst, Ranfurlie - although I suspect they will all be challenging to get on, especially LI being part of the National landscape?

Dcanto
8th November 2022, 02:59 PM
Put me down in pencil for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at this stage please. Happy with shared accommodation and also carts for the weekend. Just need to get any family commitments sorted.

Lucasto23
8th November 2022, 08:03 PM
Ah man, no chance for those dates have heaps of fun and miss you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Matt 3 Jab
9th November 2022, 07:53 PM
Am definitely keen for this.

Working on some details but pencil me in for Thursday to Sunday. Happy to share rooms with anyone and happy to split a car with some people

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

LeftyHoges
24th November 2022, 04:48 PM
The next course is locked in, on the Thursday we'll be playing the absolute gem that is the Cranbourne Golf Club (https://www.cranbournegolf.com.au/cms/). Currently ranked #64 in the Aus Golf Digest top #100.

We'll kick off the 6 booked groups at 1:45pm, and anyone who wishes to use a motorised cart will need to be in the first and / or second group.

There is a daily competition for us to enter free of charge, so those that wish to be Golflink'ed can do so. Chances are I'll just be giving them everyones Golflink number unless you have a damn good reason not to, so #suckit.

Cart use is $45 per cart, and they have numerous pull carts free of charge.

We'll be off the White Tees with a par / scratch / slope of 72 / 71 / 124. Shaz will be off the reds at 72 / 72 / 123.

Please check here to see if you qualify for reciprocal rights (https://www.cranbournegolf.com.au/cms/membership/reciprocal-clubs/), otherwise you will be charged the princely sum of $60!!!! (An absolute ****ing bargain to play this treat of a track).

Any questions?

AndyP
24th November 2022, 05:23 PM
Why do you need our Golflink number at all on the weekend? Can't we just be trusted to tell you our correct handicaps for this social event?

Lucasto23
24th November 2022, 05:58 PM
The next course is locked in, on the Thursday we'll be playing the absolute gem that is the Cranbourne Golf Club (https://www.cranbournegolf.com.au/cms/). Currently ranked #64 in the Aus Golf Digest top #100.

We'll kick off the 6 booked groups at 1:45pm, and anyone who wishes to use a motorised cart will need to be in the first and / or second group.

There is a daily competition for us to enter free of charge, so those that wish to be Golflink'ed can do so. Chances are I'll just be giving them everyones Golflink number unless you have a damn good reason not to, so #suckit.

Cart use is $45 per cart, and they have numerous pull carts free of charge.

We'll be off the White Tees with a par / scratch / slope of 72 / 71 / 124. Shaz will be off the reds at 72 / 72 / 123.

Please check here to see if you qualify for reciprocal rights (https://www.cranbournegolf.com.au/cms/membership/reciprocal-clubs/), otherwise you will be charged the princely sum of $60!!!! (An absolute ****ing bargain to play this treat of a track).

Any questions?

Damn, looks like a steal for the $$$, well played lefty

LeftyHoges
24th November 2022, 06:08 PM
Damn, looks like a steal for the $$$, well played lefty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProI'd have been more than happy to have it for the Friday round, that's the quality of the place (or hope it still is after talking it up so much, lol).
Why do you need our Golflink number at all on the weekend? Can't we just be trusted to tell you our correct handicaps for this social event?You and I both know the answer to that...

Toxic
24th November 2022, 07:14 PM
I'd have been more than happy to have it for the Friday round, that's the quality of the place (or hope it still is after talking it up so much, lol). You and I both know the answer to that... Played it about 8 weeks ago, give it some sun and it'll be superb.

LeftyHoges
24th November 2022, 07:29 PM
Played it about 8 weeks ago, give it some sun and it'll be superb.Fantastic to hear, cheers Toxic!

Are you a chance at attending any of the days bud?

Toxic
25th November 2022, 06:30 PM
Fantastic to hear, cheers Toxic!Are you a chance at attending any of the days bud? Am negotiating with the minister of social engagement But keen as

peter_rs
26th November 2022, 05:25 PM
Leave approved way to early

LeftyHoges
13th December 2022, 08:43 PM
Alright lady and gents, the final two courses are confirmed and the rota is set. Still some final details to set out with the Friday venue, but they've agreed to host us, so it's on!

Rota:
Thursday - Cranbourne Golf Club
Friday - Woodlands Golf Club
Saturday - St Andrews Beach Golf Links
Sunday - The Dunes
Monday - Sandy Links

Accommodation - Carrum Downs Motel

Ron Burgundy
13th December 2022, 08:53 PM
Can’t wait to #playforfun at Sandy Links

3Puttpete
13th December 2022, 09:00 PM
Alright lady and gents, the final two courses are confirmed and the rota is set. Still some final details to set out with the Friday venue, but they've agreed to host us, so it's on!

Rota:
Thursday - Cranbourne Golf Club
Friday - Woodlands Golf Club
Saturday - St Andrews Beach Golf Links
Sunday - The Dunes
Monday - Sandy Links

Accommodation - Carrum Downs Motel

Giddy up!

BUSHY
14th December 2022, 02:11 PM
Can’t wait to #playforfun at Sandy Links

What you talkinabout Willis?? We ALWAYS #playforfun [emoji56][emoji3060]

100% locked and loaded. Flights, cars, extras all booked.

LeftyHoges
14th December 2022, 02:52 PM
What you talkinabout Willis?? We ALWAYS #playforfun [emoji56][emoji3060]

Speak for yourself.

BobsYourUncle
14th December 2022, 08:44 PM
When do we need to confirm for this? I'm at 90%. All the golf, walking, single room.

WBennett
15th December 2022, 06:57 AM
It's been a while since we had any WAnkers play for the Nully Cup.

What's the likelihood of a few turning up?

AndyP
15th December 2022, 07:18 AM
It's been a while since we had any WAnkers play for the Nully Cup.What's the likelihood of a few turning up?Close to zero, since they already have a golf trip planned.

LeftyHoges
15th December 2022, 12:19 PM
When do we need to confirm for this? I'm at 90%. All the golf, walking, single room.

As soon as humanly possible would be great. I can hold things until around mid-late Jan, but the longer you wait the harder it is for me to organise the extra things, and you wouldn't want to do that to me, would you? :wink:

BobsYourUncle
15th December 2022, 01:14 PM
Ok, I'll try to confirm this weekend.

LeftyHoges
15th December 2022, 02:27 PM
Ok, I'll try to confirm this weekend.

Excellent, thanks mate.

No MAD RUSH, but as I said, the sooner you can the easier for me.

BobsYourUncle
15th December 2022, 06:18 PM
Fellow Queenslanders, what's your flight plan? Fly in Thursday morning, and back Monday afternoon? Hiring cars?

3Puttpete
15th December 2022, 06:50 PM
Fellow Queenslanders, what's your flight plan? Fly in Thursday morning, and back Monday afternoon? Hiring cars?

Maybe Wednesday night but that’s pretty much it.

Not sure if there’s a spot in the car, I can get back to you if you’d like.

BobsYourUncle
15th December 2022, 07:08 PM
Ok, lock & load. Flights booked, I'm in. Getting in 9:35 Thursday morning, and flying out 6:20 Monday night.

@3Puttpete happy either way, can hire a car if I have to.

JoeS
15th December 2022, 10:01 PM
So my partner doesn't understand why I need accommodation 45min from home. So I told her that I didn't want to be drink driving, so she asked if she could stay as well. I'm cleaning room in the shed now

3Puttpete
16th December 2022, 08:51 AM
So my partner doesn't understand why I need accommodation 45min from home. So I told her that I didn't want to be drink driving, so she asked if she could stay as well. I'm cleaning room in the shed now

Don’t let it happen mate, she’ll probably think everyone’s great and they’ll end up liking her more than you. They’re your friends, she can stay away.

Asking for a friend.

benno_r
16th December 2022, 09:44 AM
I'll go Fri - Sun golf please. Carts for Saturday only.

Accom Thur/Fri/Sat nights, on my ownsome.

And btw Lefty, you're dreamy. [emoji7]Lefty, changes are afoot...

Thursday to Monday please, accom 4 nights solo. Still with a cart at StAB please, walking the rest.

I'll use recips at Woodlands too please.

AndyP
16th December 2022, 10:39 AM
Lefty, I'll switch to a solo room please. I need that bathroom for myself....

PeteyD
16th December 2022, 04:00 PM
Don’t let it happen mate, she’ll probably think everyone’s great and they’ll end up liking her more than you. They’re your friends, she can stay away.

Asking for a friend.

:D

LeftyHoges
19th December 2022, 02:41 PM
Lefty, changes are afoot...

Thursday to Monday please, accom 4 nights solo. Still with a cart at StAB please, walking the rest.

I'll use recips at Woodlands too please.

Lefty, I'll switch to a solo room please. I need that bathroom for myself....

Done, and done, good sirs.

Once I get my Google Sheets game in order I'll write the required formulae to calculate the accommodation costs correctly...

BobsYourUncle
22nd December 2022, 05:01 PM
Just realised I've got reciprocal rights at Woodlands.

BUSHY
26th December 2022, 02:53 PM
Hoges, I don’t think I’ve been this excited for a golf trip in a while.

LeftyHoges
26th December 2022, 06:05 PM
Hoges, I don’t think I’ve been this excited for a golf trip in a while.It's SO nice to be back up and running. Feels like forever.

Dcanto
26th December 2022, 07:17 PM
I'm currntly looking at flights however the flights from Cairns which will best suit family / work / budget considerations will not arrive until nearly midnight. Before I go down the road of other flight options will there be anyone else getting into Melbourne late on Thursday evening? Just thinking of options for travel from Tullamarine to the Motel.

SundayHack
29th December 2022, 04:22 PM
Flights booked.

Courty
29th December 2022, 09:05 PM
Flights booked.

#lover

3Puttpete
30th December 2022, 06:16 PM
#lover

It’s complicated

3Puttpete
5th January 2023, 02:09 PM
Are shirts happening/have I missed the boat?

LeftyHoges
5th January 2023, 02:48 PM
Are shirts happening/have I missed the boat?

I'd like shirts to happen.

I'd also like teams and Captains to happen.

Genuinely can't remember who the last two Captains were. Will have to go search.

LeftyHoges
5th January 2023, 02:53 PM
Genuinely can't remember who the last two Captains were. Will have to go search.

So it was Dotty and Chappy.

Gents, can I get you to pick a Captain for this year please?

LeftyHoges
5th January 2023, 03:17 PM
Just sent text messages to Feelzy, Andigold, LarryLong, Kev and IanO to see if they're still playing golf / alive.

This is assuming their numbers are the same as when I last contacted them 3+ years ago... :roll:

3Puttpete
5th January 2023, 04:48 PM
Just sent text messages to Feelzy, Andigold, LarryLong, Kev and IanO to see if they're still playing golf / alive.

This is assuming their numbers are the same as when I last contacted them 3+ years ago... :roll:

Larry has been researching castrating lobsters. He’s around but might be busy.

Dotty
8th January 2023, 05:58 PM
So it was Dotty and Chappy.

Gents, can I get you to pick a Captain for this year please?
Captain Bushy is honoured to lead the Union this year.

3Puttpete
8th January 2023, 06:14 PM

Bahahaha. He’ll break you pricks in the preseason.

LeftyHoges
12th January 2023, 05:12 PM
Alright guys, I need you to start rooming up. Tell me who you want to be big / middle / little spoon with as the accomm needs to know who's doing sleeping with rooming with whom...

People in the same colour in the Google Sheet in the OP are rooming...

BobsYourUncle, can you please send me a PM with your name and mobile number? (Unless anyone else has his contact deets)

BobsYourUncle
12th January 2023, 05:19 PM
BobsYourUncle, can you please send me a PM with your name and mobile number? (Unless anyone else has his contact deets)

PM Sent

3Puttpete
12th January 2023, 05:24 PM
Alright guys, I need you to start rooming up. Tell me who you want to be big / middle / little spoon with as the accomm needs to know who's doing sleeping with rooming with whom...

People in the same colour in the Google Sheet in the OP are rooming...

I love it when a google sheet comes together

SundayHack
13th January 2023, 08:02 AM
Alright guys, I need you to start rooming up. Tell me who you want to be big / middle / little spoon with as the accomm needs to know who's doing sleeping with rooming with whom...People in the same colour in the Google Sheet in the OP are rooming...BobsYourUncle, can you please send me a PM with your name and mobile number? (Unless anyone else has his contact deets) Happy to family room with anyone. I’ll even take Wayne if no one else wants him. I’m easy.

WBennett
13th January 2023, 08:51 AM
Happy to family room with anyone. I’ll even take Wayne if no one else wants him. I’m easy.

First two time winner. You can drink for the two of us

3Puttpete
13th January 2023, 09:21 AM
First two time winner. You can drink for the two of us

#drytrip?

SundayHack
13th January 2023, 09:33 AM
#drytrip? Not I. I plan to be moister than an oyster. You could stick me in a jar Monday arvo with some onions and I’ll pickle those bastards within hours.

WBennett
13th January 2023, 11:27 AM
#drytrip?

Depends what the doc says. Still need clearance to go...

kev
13th January 2023, 01:37 PM
Tap, tap, this thing on????

Thursday and Friday with carts please.

I'll take the NAGA now.

AndyP
13th January 2023, 02:09 PM

I'll take the NAGA now.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WBennett
13th January 2023, 02:24 PM
Guess who's back!

Lucasto23
13th January 2023, 02:46 PM

I'll take the NAGA now.

Damn boy, fine effort

kev
13th January 2023, 09:16 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guess who's back!

Damn boy, fine effort

Lefty is persuasive :) Plus it's probably time I actually got out of the house for a bit...

WBennett
13th January 2023, 10:03 PM
Yay!

Courty
13th January 2023, 10:44 PM

I'll take the NAGA now.

Hell yeah!!

LeftyHoges
14th January 2023, 05:25 PM
OK, a bit more info has come to hand re: Woodlands on the Friday.

We have 8 spots kicking off from 10.12am - 11.08am. At the current number of entries we probably only require 6 groups so will most likely not have the 10.12 & 10.20 spots, but obviously if entry numbers rise we will keep them. Please plan your flights in for Friday for an earlier than usual start.

Green Fees will be $200 a head. Players with memberships at clubs with Reciprocal Rights arrangements need to advise me of their club and their membership status.

Carts are available, $60 per cart. Pull carts are complimentary.

Woodlands has daily competitions, so you will be entered into the club competition unless you can give me a damn good reason why not, which I'll likely ignore anyway.

Shaz will be off the red tees, and we will either be off the white or the purple, depending on course conditions.

That is all for now, any questions just shout out.

Love, Lefty.

BUSHY
14th January 2023, 06:27 PM
Love, Lefty.

I knew it!!!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xUOwG43OJ9Mzf4exQQ/giphy.gif

kev
14th January 2023, 06:30 PM
Woodlands has daily competitions, so you will be entered into the club competition unless you can give me a damn good reason why not, which I'll likely ignore anyway.

That is all for now, any questions just shout out.

Love, Lefty.

No official handicap, so no comp for me! Try ignoring that one... ;)

Who do I send the bottletops to as payment, and how many?

LeftyHoges
14th January 2023, 06:40 PM
I knew it!!!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/xUOwG43OJ9Mzf4exQQ/giphy.gifIt's a "I love Youse all" in a Jeff Fenech way.

Golf can seriously go **** itself.

BUSHY
14th January 2023, 06:41 PM

Extremely Honoured and Excited by the challenge. I will NOT be joining LIV so I’m here for the long haul.

Bahahaha. He’ll break you pricks in the preseason.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/NdKVEei95yvIY/giphy.gif

JoeS
14th January 2023, 06:43 PM
Our club captain has moved our club champs and now round 3 is on Feb 18. Terribly sorry that I have to miss club champs for this. The president is a bit shitty about me skipping, but I really don't think I care.
Bring on the Vic Champs

3Puttpete
14th January 2023, 07:10 PM
Our club captain has moved our club champs and now round 3 is on Feb 18. Terribly sorry that I have to miss club champs for this. The president is a bit shitty about me skipping, but I really don't think I care.
Bring on the Vic Champs

This brings a tear to my eye.

AndyP
14th January 2023, 07:19 PM
JoeS with the big sacrifice. Nice!

WBennett
14th January 2023, 07:31 PM
Joe is now $1.08 favourite for gross and nett

LeftyHoges
16th January 2023, 05:22 PM
Alright, I think I finally have the Google Sheet completely up to date / where it should be, so please review your details and make sure everything is correct.

For those who can't view it / are on mobile etc, please see the attached image...

P.S. I do have everyones GL bar one, I've just hidden them for privacy reasons...

https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=56739&stc=1

LeftyHoges
16th January 2023, 05:25 PM
Nearly forgot, the all important bank details...

Please note these changed around 2.5 years ago, so if you have my details from previous champs chances are they've changed.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230116/634c196754201bbd44a8f1b971fc2d69.jpg

Or in text form to copy and paste:
BSB: 082-991
Acc no: 687121828

PeteyD
16th January 2023, 05:25 PM
Solid field again. Saving up for next year.

Pickles
16th January 2023, 07:20 PM
Paid

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 07:49 AM
Paid

And received, thank you sir.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 09:23 AM
Apologies in advance Shazza, the ratings at Woodlands for the ladies are insane. Red is their "third easist" tee, and comes in at Par 74, Scratch 75, Slope 130.

Out of curiosity, do ladies prefer setups like this, or somewhere that's typically around the Par 72, SCR 71, Slope 120?

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 11:10 AM
I'm in Saturday, Sunday (possibly other days)
No Accommodation
No Cart
Cheers
Tom

Hey Tom,

Any updates on this one mate?

It would be fantastic if you could saddle up for the Friday mate, the Confederate Army is a little short on numbers...

But of course, we want you for as many days as possible too.

benno_r
17th January 2023, 12:02 PM
Paid and paid, my bodacious oragniser buddy.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 12:31 PM
Paid and paid, my bodacious oragniser buddy.

$883 received, buddy.

3Puttpete
17th January 2023, 12:43 PM
There’s the rest of it good sir. $$$

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 12:45 PM
There’s the rest of it good sir. $$$

Receivededededed.

Thank you, kind fellow.

Dotty
17th January 2023, 12:52 PM
Paid in full, including prizes for the over-60 division.

benno_r
17th January 2023, 12:55 PM
$883 received, buddy.

Yeah, took out the $200 for Woodlands since it's a recip.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 01:00 PM
Yeah, took out the $200 for Woodlands since it's a recip.

I assumed that was the case...

benno_r
17th January 2023, 01:09 PM
I assumed that was the case...

You just wanted me to admit I have some kind of association with the joint.

In public too. Brutal.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 01:15 PM
You just wanted me to admit I have some kind of association with the joint.

In public too. Brutal.

Got him, yes!!!! :lol:

If RQ is happy to be associated with them, clearly you should be too.

Why the **** a super-premo track like Woodlands wants to be associated with the swampy shithole that is RQ is beyond me though.

benno_r
17th January 2023, 01:21 PM
Got him, yes!!!! :lol:

If RQ is happy to be associated with them, clearly you should be too.

Why the **** a super-premo track like Woodlands wants to be associated with the swampy shithole that is RQ is beyond me though.

I'd assume jealousy. They can't even beat National Old

https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=56743&stc=1

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 01:24 PM
I'd assume jealousy. They can't even beat National Old

https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=56743&stc=1

This is the rankings equivalent of "the ball will DEFINITELY NOT always tell you if you hit a good / bad shot".

benno_r
17th January 2023, 01:40 PM
This is the rankings equivalent of "the ball will DEFINITELY NOT always tell you if you hit a good / bad shot"..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230117/7556009f6c9a505ed07ef24a527d89dc.jpg

3Puttpete
17th January 2023, 02:15 PM
This is the rankings equivalent of "the ball will DEFINITELY NOT always tell you if you hit a good / bad shot".

Yes it will

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 04:24 PM

Looks like the boys get to go head-to-head again!

Captaining the Confederates for Uncivil War IX will be JoeS.

The last battle saw JoeS claim a 2up victory, will history repeat?

3Puttpete
17th January 2023, 05:53 PM

The last battle saw JoeS claim a 2up victory, will history repeat?

This can’t happen twice without someone being buried behind the 15th green.

Ron Burgundy
17th January 2023, 05:57 PM
Looks like the boys get to go head-to-head again! Captaining the Confederates for Uncivil War IX will be JoeS.The last battle saw JoeS claim a 2up victory, will history repeat? No. No it won’t.

BUSHY
17th January 2023, 09:22 PM
This can’t happen twice without someone being buried behind the 15th green.

Somewhere here?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230117/4919fcdbd4e2bb561ed571c00a551258.png

3Puttpete
17th January 2023, 10:29 PM
Somewhere here?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230117/4919fcdbd4e2bb561ed571c00a551258.png

2 words. Shallow, unmarked

LeftyHoges
17th January 2023, 10:36 PM
Somewhere here?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230117/4919fcdbd4e2bb561ed571c00a551258.pngAre you sure you're burying him at the right course?

Cos if that's Woodlands, they've made some serious changes.

BUSHY
17th January 2023, 11:23 PM
Are you sure you're burying him at the right course?

Cos if that's Woodlands, they've made some serious changes.

Got my days mixed up. That’s Cranbourne

3Puttpete
18th January 2023, 11:51 AM
I should probably start thinking about my bag set up for this and decide if I’m taking all 9 clubs or if I’ll go with a short set.

Steve57
18th January 2023, 12:06 PM
I should probably start thinking about my bag set up for this and decide if I’m taking all 9 clubs or if I’ll go with a short set.

Aren't all your clubs short? :lol:

3Puttpete
18th January 2023, 12:24 PM
Aren't all your clubs short? :lol:

There’s no need for this after I said nice things about Richmond.

Steve57
18th January 2023, 12:40 PM
There’s no need for this after I said nice things about Richmond.
Was that nice things about Richmond or nasty things aimed at Lefty?;)

3Puttpete
18th January 2023, 01:27 PM
Was that nice things about Richmond or nasty things aimed at Lefty?;)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230118/35a7b3e456352fc7b1744c1801da9862.jpg

LeftyHoges
18th January 2023, 03:00 PM
wbennett, 3PuttPete, Dotty, Pickles, AndyP and benno_r all paid up in full.

Thanks very much gents, that helps with deposits, prizes etc...

3Puttpete
18th January 2023, 04:38 PM
Go me!

peter_rs
18th January 2023, 10:17 PM
Paid, you better put leave in shazza

LeftyHoges
18th January 2023, 10:23 PM
Paid, you better put leave in shazzaHa ha ha!!! Love it.

BUSHY
19th January 2023, 05:06 PM
Paid in full.

Ron Burgundy
19th January 2023, 07:25 PM
Paid. And a M shirt please.

Ferrins
20th January 2023, 09:56 AM
Do I need to pay for my share of a hire car, even though I'm not going?

shazza_rs
20th January 2023, 01:04 PM
Do I need to pay for my share of a hire car, even though I'm not going?

Seems like the right thing to do.

JoeS
21st January 2023, 09:05 AM

The last battle saw JoeS claim a 2up victory, will history repeat?Thanks Lefty, its time the confederates sent the union home empty handed.

JoeS
21st January 2023, 09:06 AM
No. No it won’t.I've taken you down as well if I remember correctly

Ron Burgundy
21st January 2023, 09:23 AM
I've taken you down as well if I remember correctlySent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk Pretty sure I took myself down that day (and the rest of the weekend actually), but yes that’s correct.

SundayHack
21st January 2023, 01:48 PM
Thanks Lefty, its time the confederates sent the union home empty handed.Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkThat’s cute

BUSHY
22nd January 2023, 05:48 PM
Thanks Lefty, its time the confederates sent the union home empty handed.

26 and a wakey until you’re crying in the corner[emoji41]

JoeS
22nd January 2023, 06:22 PM
26 and a wakey until you’re crying in the corner[emoji41]I can't see your team( term used loosely) getting the better of us. I'm getting my game in at Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham thos week in the pro-am.

BUSHY
22nd January 2023, 06:57 PM
I can't see your team( term used loosely) getting the better of us. I'm getting my game in at Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham thos week in the pro-am.

Sounds like a scheme to elevate your handicap Joe.

LarryLong
22nd January 2023, 09:59 PM
Hi Folks,

A bit late to the party this year and unfortunately unable to make it, but I'll be watching from afar while the confederates put on another clinic!

Has Woodlands managed to find any sand since the last time we were there? :)

BobsYourUncle
22nd January 2023, 10:11 PM
Large shirt for me (not sure if we're supposed to put that here or in the uncivil war thread? so I'm putting it in both)

LeftyHoges
23rd January 2023, 11:20 AM
Essentially making a "final call" for entries here. Any later than the next couple of days can't guarantee anything so if you have any interest in attending please let me know ASAP.

andigold
24th January 2023, 11:38 AM
Hey Nick thanks for reaching out but I'm not going to be able to make it this year. Hopefully I can get along next year.
Cheers Andi

LeftyHoges
30th January 2023, 10:35 AM
One last call, we still have spots to fill at Cranbourne on the Thursday, and Sandy Links on the Monday.

It would really help our format on the Thursday to get at least one more player, if not 2, and 3 would be PERFECT.

3 more are also required at Sandy Links otherwise we run the risk of having the great unwashed join a single player of ours at the end of the field. Yuck.

spanner039
30th January 2023, 02:25 PM
Am happy to do Monday at Sandy

AndyP
30th January 2023, 02:39 PM
One last call, we still have spots to fill at Cranbourne on the Thursday, and Sandy Links on the Monday.

It would really help our format on the Thursday to get at least one more player, if not 2, and 3 would be PERFECT.

3 more are also required at Sandy Links otherwise we run the risk of having the great unwashed join a single player of ours at the end of the field. Yuck.
I've asked my brother if he is interested in either or both. Is a handicap needed and would he be able to play in my group?

LeftyHoges
30th January 2023, 02:44 PM
Am happy to do Monday at Sandy

Awesome, you're in.

I've asked my brother if he is interested in either or both. Is a handicap needed and would he be able to play in my group?

I'm happy to give him a rough handicap for the Thursday game for our purposes of the team ball, but they're not "required" as a condition of entry. But I think we can all be mature enough about this that if he averages 90 we can give him a cap of 16 or so and if he wins so be it.

And yes, can easily slot him into your group(s).

WBennett
30th January 2023, 08:17 PM
Am happy to do Monday at Sandy The Big Easy to claim Lefty's trophy

AndyP
30th January 2023, 10:59 PM
I've asked my brother if he is interested in either or both. Is a handicap needed and would he be able to play in my group?He can't make it unfortunately.

spanner039
31st January 2023, 05:39 AM
The Big Easy to claim Lefty's trophy

Lefty gets a trophy for “player that age has really caught up with them the most, since we all got together last”?

im ready to claim that one

LeftyHoges
31st January 2023, 08:04 AM
He can't make it unfortunately.

No problems, thanks for checking in.

Lefty gets a trophy for “player that age has really caught up with them the most, since we all got together last”?

im ready to claim that one

I'm claiming that permanently for the period 2013-2014 after organising you lot for the first time. Lord knows why I've come back so many times after that one!

LeftyHoges
31st January 2023, 08:07 AM
Ladies and gents, we have had one player pull out (one of Pingsta's mates) so we DO now also have an open slot for the weekend rounds. Here's your chance to slip in to the last spot under cover of darkness and pinch a title more legitimate than a non-sanctioned jacket or a win in Tasmania (like that will ever ACTUALLY count...)

First in better dressed than the aforementioned jacket.

LeftyHoges
31st January 2023, 04:33 PM
Out of courtesy to the two weekend tracks, I have now given up the 11:33am slot at St Andrews Beach and dropped the carts back to a maximum of 10, and given up the 8:16 tee slot off the 10th tee at The Dunes, also dropping back to 10 carts.

First group at this stage at StAB on Saturday will be off at 11:42am, though that will move back to 11:51am should we not find any more entrants. We still have slots on the Sunday off both tees at 8:24am, 8:32am and 8:40am, with the first group of the day off the 1st at 8:16am. The 8:16am group off the first will also disappear should we not get any more entrants.

The weekend field is now limited to a max of 28 players, so still 5 spots open AT THIS STAGE. I suspect I will be handing back the final spots if required by around Wednesday the 8th of Feb. If you know of anyone that may be interested, all are welcome (so long as they're unlike an OZgolfer and actually a decent bloke or lady).

End transmission.

JoeS
1st February 2023, 08:58 PM
I've asked a mate that I went to King Island with, good bloke and loves the horses

LeftyHoges
2nd February 2023, 08:42 AM
I've asked a mate that I went to King Island with, good bloke and loves the horses

No problemo bud...

LeftyHoges
2nd February 2023, 08:55 AM
In a true blast from the past, and a nod to our VIC Champs heritage, Flowergirl will be playing Saturday and Sunday! Her and her husband JohnnyBoy played on the Saturday in the original Champs round at St Andrews Beach, and provided meat and salads for the BBQ.

Welcome back Reenie!!!

Courty
2nd February 2023, 09:41 AM
Reenie!!!

Flowergirl
2nd February 2023, 04:16 PM
In a true blast from the past, and a nod to our VIC Champs heritage, Flowergirl will be playing Saturday and Sunday! Her and her husband JohnnyBoy played on the Saturday in the original Champs round at St Andrews Beach, and provided meat and salads for the BBQ.Welcome back Reenie!!!Look forward to seeing a few old faces!! Be lovely to catch up. Thanks for letting me return. 🥰🥰🥰🥰

AndyP
2nd February 2023, 04:20 PM
Look forward to seeing a few old faces!! Be lovely to catch up. Thanks for letting me return. ���������������� �������
Hi FG. Does the "What's in the bag" in your signature need an update? Looking forward to catching up.

Flowergirl
2nd February 2023, 04:31 PM
Hi FG. Does the "What's in the bag" in your signature need an update? Looking forward to catching up. Ooh - I’ll have to have a look!! I seriously doubt it. I play with old lady clubs now. But I’m still feisty!! 😜😜

JoeS
5th February 2023, 01:26 PM
My mate is a no go Lefty

LeftyHoges
5th February 2023, 09:28 PM
My mate is a no go Lefty

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkToo easy bud, cheers!

LeftyHoges
6th February 2023, 08:36 AM
Last and final call, would REALLY love it if we could get 3 more players for the Thursday game at Cranbourne, and 2 more for Monday's game at Sandy Links.

Friday is closed and all sold out. We do have spots left for Saturday and Sunday, although as it sits right now we have a lovely round number of 24. I'll be giving back the final 4 spots on Wednesday if we don't have any more entries.

Bruce
6th February 2023, 11:44 AM
I have a 2 show day on Saturday but would be free on Sunday if there's a slot.

LeftyHoges
6th February 2023, 11:55 AM
I have a 2 show day on Saturday but would be free on Sunday if there's a slot.

I'm sure we could accommodate you Bruce, not a worry at all. As you're probably aware without playing the Saturday you will be first group out Sunday, but we're in a 3 group window off both tees anyway, so there's no massive difference here...

Welcome aboard!

Any interest in a Thursday or Monday round? :lol:

Bruce
6th February 2023, 01:26 PM
Any interest in a Thursday or Monday round? :lol:

My calendar has a couple of fixed objects on those days.
See you for the early start on the Sunday :)

I'm scanning the thread for payment details and missing it somehow.

LeftyHoges
6th February 2023, 02:00 PM
My calendar has a couple of fixed objects on those days.
See you for the early start on the Sunday :)

I'm scanning the thread for payment details and missing it somehow.

Fair enough bud.

I've just put them in a little spoiler in the original post.

Assuming you don't want a cart your total is $100 even. If you do, it's $125.

Cheers Bruce!

Shadesy
6th February 2023, 02:12 PM
hmmmm slight chance for Cranbourne.....Meant to be flying in that morning...

What time is Woodlands.... asking for a friend..

Shadesy
6th February 2023, 02:14 PM
i see Friday is sold out... Never mind

LeftyHoges
8th February 2023, 05:13 PM
Saturday groupings are official. Please note I've tried my absolute hardest so that no-one who played together on Friday is paired together on the Saturday. Let me know if I've accidentally done this and I'll see what I can do, but I BELIEVE we're good...

https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=56877&stc=1

AndyP
8th February 2023, 05:23 PM
****!

SundayHack
8th February 2023, 06:26 PM
****! Suck it. You can deal with that mouthy little ****

3Puttpete
8th February 2023, 07:30 PM
Suck it. You can deal with that mouthy little ****

Cop that Dotty

WBennett
8th February 2023, 07:33 PM
Pickles and I get to play together both days. Nice

Dotty
8th February 2023, 08:09 PM
Cop that Dotty
Who did I offend to get put with 3 Queenslanders?

;)

LeftyHoges
8th February 2023, 08:51 PM
Pickles and I get to play together both days. NiceSat / Sunday, yeah?

That's harsh on Pickles.

WBennett
8th February 2023, 09:31 PM
Sat / Sunday, yeah?That's harsh on Pickles. Seeded group

WBennett
8th February 2023, 09:31 PM
Ffs.
Monsta wants to leave at 4am Thursday
Better than the 2013 version when we left at 2 I suppose

LeftyHoges
8th February 2023, 09:58 PM
Ffs.
Better than the 2013 version when we left at 2 I supposeCould easily do 5am. Watch out for those boys in blue though.

WBennett
8th February 2023, 10:07 PM
You do 120ish to Albury, then 110 to Melbourne

LeftyHoges
9th February 2023, 05:05 PM
Spots confirmed with and money paid for Cranbourne GC (17 with 1 cart), St Andrews Beach (24 with 8 carts), The Dunes (25 with 8 carts) and Sandy Links (18).

Still awaiting some final details from Woodlands GC (my contact there has taken some leave, how rude!), but I'll get accommodation all sorted and paid for tomorrow and we'll be golden.

Shaz has the shirts for the Uncivil War on Friday in her hot little hands (and they look fantastic!), the Confederates have all been ordered to wear grey shorts / slacks, while the Union will be in black (to hide their poo stains).

6 sleeps and a wakey, Kids!!!!

3Puttpete
9th February 2023, 07:17 PM
Spots confirmed with and money paid for Cranbourne GC (17 with 1 cart), St Andrews Beach (24 with 8 carts), The Dunes (25 with 8 carts) and Sandy Links (18).

Still awaiting some final details from Woodlands GC (my contact there has taken some leave, how rude!), but I'll get accommodation all sorted and paid for tomorrow and we'll be golden.

Shaz has the shirts for the Uncivil War on Friday in her hot little hands (and they look fantastic!), the Confederates have all been ordered to wear grey shorts / slacks, while the Union will be in black (to hide their poo stains).

6 sleeps and a wakey, Kids!!!!

I don’t care what anyone says, I reckon you’re alright.

LeftyHoges
9th February 2023, 07:25 PM
I don’t care what anyone says, I reckon you’re alright.That's a vicious unsubstantiated rumour and I'll have none of it, thank you very much.

3Puttpete
9th February 2023, 07:34 PM
That's a vicious unsubstantiated rumour and I'll have none of it, thank you very much.

Ok then. I’ll start listening to them.

LeftyHoges
10th February 2023, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately lady and gents, Chappy is out.

So while that does get us back to 24 for the Sunday round, it leaves us with 23 for the Saturday. The spots have been paid for, so we do still have them, and I can wait until early next week before getting a refund for them.

So if you know of anyone that may be interested in Saturday single, Sunday single or taking both days, please let me know.

Ron Burgundy
10th February 2023, 02:31 PM
Unfortunately lady and gents, Chappy is out.So while that does get us back to 24 for the Sunday round, it leaves us with 23 for the Saturday. The spots have been paid for, so we do still have them, and I can wait until early next week before getting a refund for them. So if you know of anyone that may be interested in Saturday single, Sunday single or taking both days, please let me know. Can’t blame him. No one in their right mind would want to be paired with me.

Dotty
10th February 2023, 03:35 PM
Ffs.
Better than the 2013 version when we left at 2 I suppose
I'll leave Albury around 7-8am on Thurs morning and you'll pass me at my third coffee break.
GPS pre-loaded for the weekend, and only 938km to Cranbourne.

spanner039
10th February 2023, 05:17 PM
I'll leave Albury around 7-8am on Thurs morning and you'll pass me at my third coffee break.GPS pre-loaded for the weekend, and only 938km to Cranbourne.Is this the chorus to a C&W song you’re working on?

chappy1970
10th February 2023, 05:24 PM
Can’t blame him. No one in their right mind would want to be paired with me.This fact had me wavering my decision Ron

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

BUSHY
10th February 2023, 08:51 PM
This fact had me wavering my decision Ron

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Disappointed you couldn’t make it Chappy! [emoji22]

3Puttpete
10th February 2023, 10:03 PM
Is this the chorus to a C&W song you’re working on?

Can I get this on Spotify?

shazza_rs
10th February 2023, 10:33 PM
Unfortunately lady and gents, Chappy is out.

So while that does get us back to 24 for the Sunday round, it leaves us with 23 for the Saturday. The spots have been paid for, so we do still have them, and I can wait until early next week before getting a refund for them.

So if you know of anyone that may be interested in Saturday single, Sunday single or taking both days, please let me know.

I’ll see if Johnny boy is interested in having a hit.

BobsYourUncle
11th February 2023, 08:19 PM
Looking like being a warm weekend

LeftyHoges
11th February 2023, 09:05 PM
Looking like being a warm weekendMust be the Dunes. Was an absolute ****ing scorcher when we were there in 2014 also.

AndyP
11th February 2023, 09:52 PM
Must be the Dunes. Was an absolute ****ing scorcher when we were there in 2014 also.Only a few of us beat the temperature in Stableford points.

Lucasto23
12th February 2023, 06:56 PM
FLIGHTS booked I’m in Saturday to Monday need last group out on Saturday please. Anyone able to collect me from airport at 10:30am Saturday by any small miracle [emoji8]

BUSHY
12th February 2023, 07:15 PM
flights booked i’m in saturday to monday need last group out on saturday please. Anyone able to collect me from airport at 10:30am saturday by any small miracle [emoji8]

sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro

boom!!!!

3Puttpete
12th February 2023, 09:07 PM
FLIGHTS booked I’m in Saturday to Monday need last group out on Saturday please. Anyone able to collect me from airport at 10:30am Saturday by any small miracle [emoji8]

Does anyone know Vince McMahon’s theme song?

Dotty
13th February 2023, 08:31 AM

Miracles are a piece of cake.

Lefty, last group at St Andrews for me also.

Lucasto23
13th February 2023, 08:35 AM
Miracles are a piece of cake.

Lefty, last group at St Andrews for me also.

Dotty you dead set Legend

LeftyHoges
13th February 2023, 08:47 AM
Rightio.

Extra spot booked at Sandy Links.
Dotty and Lucas shifted to last group.

Saturday last two groups are now

BYU
AndyP
Jonti
3PuttPete

Then;
JoeS
Dotty
Ron Burgundy
Lucasto23 (in cart)

I'll call St Andrews Beach and secure the extra required cart.

WBennett
13th February 2023, 11:05 AM
Thats going to upset the betting market!

Dotty
13th February 2023, 12:10 PM
Thats going to upset the betting market!
I should have made pickup conditional to getting Lucasto in the calcutta.

:)

3Puttpete
13th February 2023, 01:43 PM

You can still have that conversation with him [emoji3]

Dotty
13th February 2023, 01:50 PM
You can still have that conversation with him [emoji3]
There won't be enough time, now that I have discovered veganism, Hillsong and Amway.

3Puttpete
13th February 2023, 01:55 PM
There won't be enough time, now that I have discovered veganism, Hillsong and Amway.

If you buy a Thermomix you can stay home

Lucasto23
13th February 2023, 02:23 PM

I’ll go you halves

Lucasto23
13th February 2023, 03:03 PM
Anyone going to the champs able to go past Redland bay pro shop tomorrow or Wednesday and ferry a driving iron and and wedge for me to St Andrew’s beach pretty pretty please

SundayHack
13th February 2023, 03:27 PM
I’ll go you halves Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProWhat is your GA now days? Your late entry has thrown a fork into my betting works.

Lucasto23
13th February 2023, 03:35 PM
What is your GA now days? Your late entry has thrown a fork into my betting works.

I plan to buy myself on hope and rum alone

GA 4130809443 for the view of all punters.

Any Calcutta consortiums I can join

AndyP
13th February 2023, 03:44 PM
8.5. Wow!

SundayHack
13th February 2023, 03:45 PM
I plan to buy myself on hope and rum alone GA 4130809443 for the view of all punters.Any Calcutta consortiums I can join Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ProAre you bring the form that shows on golflink or bringing the flusher form that made you a past champ?

BobsYourUncle
13th February 2023, 03:48 PM
Anyone going to the champs able to go past Redland bay pro shop tomorrow or Wednesday and ferry a driving iron and and wedge for me to St Andrew’s beach pretty pretty please Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro I could bring them, but can't go and get them. Goonie was talking about coming to me to pick up a shaft, he lives out that way, maybe he could bring them to me?

3Puttpete
13th February 2023, 04:01 PM
I could bring them, but can't go and get them. Goonie was talking about coming to me to pick up a shaft, he lives out that way, maybe he could bring them to me?

Same. If they can get closer to Greenslopes tomorrow I can bring them

Bruce
13th February 2023, 04:43 PM
How many first-timers are there for these courses?

How many need to be told that the green on the 1st at StAB is behind the hill on the LEFT of the fairway.

I think I've only played The Dunes once since the last time we were there. I might have to look up my course notes from then.

BobsYourUncle
13th February 2023, 04:47 PM
How many first-timers are there for these courses?

How many need to be told that the green on the 1st at StAB is behind the hill on the LEFT of the fairway.

I think I've only played The Dunes once since the last time we were there. I might have to look up my course notes from then.

They're all new to me

LeftyHoges
13th February 2023, 04:50 PM
They're all new to meWell, the green on the first at StAB is behind the dune on the left.

You've been told.

BobsYourUncle
13th February 2023, 05:28 PM
Do we know what tees we'll be playing at each course yet?

Lucasto23
13th February 2023, 05:29 PM
Are you bring the form that shows on golflink or bringing the flusher form that made you a past champ?

Both are possible, who knows what will show up

Dotty
13th February 2023, 05:31 PM
No course guide needed.

My strategy is to follow Wbennett's trail of broken Vic Champs dreams.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2023, 05:33 PM
Do we know what tees we'll be playing at each course yet?White, Purple, White, Blue, Purple.

3Puttpete
13th February 2023, 05:44 PM
Is purple a sandbelt thing?

LeftyHoges
13th February 2023, 06:25 PM
Is purple a sandbelt thing?It's interesting. I've never come across purple anywhere in my travels before.

3Puttpete
13th February 2023, 06:51 PM
It's interesting. I've never come across purple anywhere in my travels before.

Are the purple tees the only thing keeping Woodlands part of the sandbelt?

LeftyHoges
13th February 2023, 06:52 PM
Are the purple tees the only thing keeping Woodlands part of the sandbelt?It's excellence is keeping it part of the Sandbelt.

Bruce
13th February 2023, 08:35 PM
They're all new to me

https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/33101-Course-briefings-for-the-visitors-to-the-Vic-Champs
First post is St Andrews Beach.

https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/38715-The-Dunes-course-guide
The Dunes

JoeS
13th February 2023, 09:10 PM
Is purple a sandbelt thing?It's the new thing here, politically correct golf clubs

3Puttpete
13th February 2023, 09:34 PM
It's the new thing here, politically correct golf clubs

Back, forward etc rather than members, social, ladies? I like it

JoeS
13th February 2023, 10:39 PM
Back, forward etc rather than members, social, ladies? I like itExactly, and in the future you can play comp and choose your tee before you start. Plenty of older golfers who don't want to play from the whites or blues. Shit, I would play the forward tees for a change myself

3Puttpete
13th February 2023, 11:47 PM
Exactly, and in the future you can play comp and choose your tee before you start. Plenty of older golfers who don't want to play from the whites or blues. Shit, I would play the forward tees for a change myself

[emoji1303]