PDA

View Full Version : Nudgee GC - Sun 29 August @ 8:41am - One Spot Left

AndyP
23rd August 2004, 04:28 PM
Now that I have decided not to enter the Town Of Nambour Golf Championships, I am without a round of golf to play this coming weekend. Now I could just have a weekend away from golf, but I don't want to, as I need to keep some form for my next matchplay round.

Anyone keen for a hit in the Brisbane area this weekend? I don't even mind if it is only a social round.

Jarro
23rd August 2004, 04:47 PM
i wouldn't mind a social hit either :wink:

.. as long as it's not too early in the morning :x

Iain
23rd August 2004, 04:50 PM
I'll have a hit somewhere. :wink:

Jarro
23rd August 2004, 04:59 PM
Anyone keen for a hit in the Brisbane area this weekend? I don't even mind if it is only a social round.

where abouts were you thinking of playing AndyP :?

Eag's
23rd August 2004, 08:12 PM
I am free anytime Sun 8) just name the place and time :wink:

AndyP
23rd August 2004, 10:25 PM
where abouts were you thinking of playing AndyP :?
Didn't have a specific course in mind. I guess with the four of us living in different parts of the city, we don't want to have to travel too far.

Eag's, how about showing us around Wantima? If you are sick of playing there, I'm up for other suggestions.

Looks like Sunday is locked in though. 8)

Players:
AndyP
Eag's
Iain
Jarro (If not too early)

Eag's
24th August 2004, 08:41 PM
No luck with Wantima Andy, the earliest we could get on would be after 2pm :roll:
Don't care where we play, just keen for a hit :wink:

AndyP
24th August 2004, 09:09 PM
No luck with Wantima Andy, the earliest we could get on would be after 2pm :roll:
Don't care where we play, just keen for a hit :wink:
Bugger.
Maybe we will have to play in a comp. Don't know what our chances are of getting a social hit anywhere.
Unless we played at Vic Park... :-k :smt102

Iain
24th August 2004, 09:33 PM
Sorry Guy's, I won't be playing on Sunday, as I don't finish until about 0300 in the morning and then have to work about 1600 that afternoon, so I'll be too stuffed.... :roll:

Another time though.

Jarro
25th August 2004, 05:57 AM
Sorry Guy's, I won't be playing on Sunday, as I don't finish until about 0300 in the morning and then have to work about 1600 that afternoon, so I'll be too stuffed.... :roll:

Another time though.

ya big wuss :P :wink:

Onewood
25th August 2004, 07:54 AM
You could always join Mitch and I for a round of P'N'Putt :D

You can get on at anytime 8)
18 holes 8)
about an hour an a half for the round 8)
The best thing though is that you hackers could probably hit most of the greens :lol: :lol: :lol: theres one there thats 65mts might be just out of range :smt098

AndyP
25th August 2004, 08:54 AM
The best thing though is that you hackers could probably hit most of the greens :lol: :lol: :lol: theres one there thats 65mts might be just out of range :smt098
Kev, I congratulate you on being able to hit a green from around 40m off a mat lie. =D> :roll:

AndyP
25th August 2004, 04:45 PM
Rang Pacific GC. Nothing good in the way of social times. They have comp bookings available from 06:18 to 8 and 10:48 to 12:24, the cost is $22. I'm not sure what times are available this Sunday though.

What do we want to do? Social at Nudgee?

Jarro
25th August 2004, 05:11 PM
What do we want to do? Social at Nudgee?

Sounds good to me 8)

.. and if you both be good boys, i'll bring along some presents for you both to try :wink:

Eag's
25th August 2004, 07:27 PM
lol :) fair enough Nudgee sounds good to me :wink:
About what time guys?

damoocow
25th August 2004, 08:47 PM
Eag's - if you have any days off during the week [am on hols for the next 5 or so weeks] give me a PM and we can have a hit at Keperra or Wantima - would have been able to play on Sunday if it wasn't for those damn meddling kids.
damoocow

AndyP
26th August 2004, 08:54 AM
lol :) fair enough Nudgee sounds good to me :wink:
About what time guys?

Will try for somewhere around 8. Will ring them today.

AndyP
26th August 2004, 11:07 AM
Social round booked for South Course. Tee Time is 8:41am.

AndyP
Jarro
Eag's
???

Eag's
26th August 2004, 04:35 PM
Eag's - if you have any days off during the week [am on hols for the next 5 or so weeks] give me a PM and we can have a hit at Keperra or Wantima - would have been able to play on Sunday if it wasn't for those damn meddling kids.
damoocow

Ok mate I will keep that in mind :wink:

Andy, that time suits me fine, cya then :D

AndyP
27th August 2004, 09:29 PM
Spot still available.

Jarro and Eag's might start asking their friends soon. I would, but I don't have any. :(

Jarro
28th August 2004, 02:49 PM
I'll try and get to the range by around 8.

depending what time i get home from work tonight :roll:

cya's there :D

senecio
28th August 2004, 02:56 PM
Social round booked for South Course. Tee Time is 8:41am.

AndyP
Jarro
Eag's
Ryan
???

AndyP

I've just been chatting with Jarro. Count me in to make up the fourth spot tomorrow morning.

I'm going to meet Jarro on the range at about 8:00am.

I'll see you tomorrow.

Ryan

Jarro
28th August 2004, 04:01 PM
Cool Ryan.. be good to meet you :D

see you there 8)

AndyP
28th August 2004, 04:54 PM
I've just been chatting with Jarro. Count me in to make up the fourth spot tomorrow morning.

I'm going to meet Jarro on the range at about 8:00am.

Excellent, Ryan. Will we be breaking your OzGolf virginity? drunken can confirm that I will be gentle. :wink:

I am planning for 8am also. See you there. 8)

BrisVegas
28th August 2004, 08:12 PM
Jarro and Eag's might start asking their friends soon. I would, but I don't have any. :(

Mate, that's not true. You've got the whole ozgolf family as your friends now. :smt056

Eag's
28th August 2004, 08:41 PM
Cool another Ozgolfer I have not played with before :)
Cya tomorrow guys.

Jarro
29th August 2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the day guys.. had a ball :D

Nice to meet you senecio .... nice swing too .... smooooooth :wink:

AndyP has the scorecard, i'll let him tell everyone how we went :roll:

gazgolf1
29th August 2004, 04:07 PM
Hows the course looking jarro? 8)

which side did you play? and what the hell is going on with your 3 wood? :wink:

Jarro
29th August 2004, 04:11 PM

South course is looking pretty good Gaz ... be better in a couple of months once the new turf has taken a bit more. Greens were pretty good today, although i don't think they mowed 'em very short this morning :?

Haven't had a need for a 3wood since i sold mine ... just been hitting the 2 iron ... seems to be going OK,

.. but i'm still on the lookout :wink:

gazgolf1
29th August 2004, 04:15 PM

South course is looking pretty good Gaz ... be better in a couple of months once the new turf has taken a bit more. Greens were pretty good today, although i don't think they mowed 'em very short this morning :?

Haven't had a need for a 3wood since i sold mine ... just been hitting the 2 iron ... seems to be going OK,

.. but i'm still on the lookout :wink:

You'd handle a 2 iron pretty well I'd imagine. 8)
I used to have one that went about 150m about 3ft above the turf. :wink:

Jarro
29th August 2004, 04:22 PM
You'd handle a 2 iron pretty well I'd imagine. 8)

thanks mate :D

i'm actually quite surprised at how well i can hit it, seems to be easier to hit than the Rescue Mid... if that's possible :?

When are you joining Nudgee :?:

gazgolf1
29th August 2004, 05:01 PM
When are you joining Nudgee :?:

coupla months,might have few weeks golf free before I join :shock:

Eag's
29th August 2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks again guys had another top OZGolf day :wink:
Nice to meet another new member Ryan (seneico) good bloke.
Well played AndyP, pity about your finish but still a good score :smt023
Also some nice shot making from Jarro & Ryan.

For myself.....well 8-[ might take up lawn bowls, might be able to keep one on the green :smt086

Jarro
30th August 2004, 09:39 AM
For myself.....well 8-[ might take up lawn bowls, might be able to keep one on the green :smt086

bite your tongue mate [-X a good round for you isn't far away :smt023

AndyP
30th August 2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the day, one and all. We had great weather (have got sunburn to prove it) and the course played well.
I'm pretty confident we haven't scared senecio away from participating in more OZgolf days. :wink:

Scores (Par 35-35-70)
AndyP 38-41-79
Jarro 41-39-80
Eag's 46-47-93
Senecio 40-42-82

senecio
30th August 2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks for a great day guys.

Since nobody has mentioned it yet I guess your'e all being nice and giving me the chance to tell the group about my tee shot on the 18th, that way saving some of the embarrassment.

Standing on the tee it felt like at least a 2 club breeze directly into our faces and when Andy paced it out to be around 140m I reached for the 5-iron. I generally hit the ball quite high so I usually struggle more than most into the wind.

In an effort to keep the ball out of the wind I must have delofted the 5-iron to about a 2-iron and when I suprisingly found the centre of the clubface it just launched. The ball had the sort of trajectory that would not have been affected by a cyclone.

It sailed over the green and the hill behind it, landing on the cart path on top of the hill, bounced about 30 feet in the air and came to rest on the putting green in front of the clubhouse. Thankfully there was no one on the green and nobody mingling around the pro-shop.

I'm sure the guys in the pro-shop saw it and had a chuckle to themselves.

Oh well at least I can say that I made good contact!!

Ryan

Jarro
30th August 2004, 02:57 PM
that was one or the purest strikes with a 5 iron i've ever seen Ryan.. pity the hole didn't measure 160 meters :wink:

AndyP, wanna tell 'em about your tee-shot on 18 :?: :wink: :P

AndyP
30th August 2004, 03:20 PM
AndyP, wanna tell 'em about your tee-shot on 18 :?: :wink: :P
Why single out one shot from the 79 strokes I had on the day? Surely the tee-shot on the 16th is more worthy of a story.

But if the people must know, it was a duff that brought back some wonderful memories from my form slump, and pretty much ensured that I wouldn't get any better than a 5 on the hole.. :roll:

Shall we mention your glorious dribble drive, jarro? (Can't recall the hole number) What was the R7 set to for that one? :P

Onewood
30th August 2004, 06:52 PM
It sailed over the green and the hill behind it, landing on the cart path on top of the hill, bounced about 30 feet in the air and came to rest on the putting green in front of the clubhouse.

Oh well at least I can say that I made good contact!!

Ryan

Is that counted as a GIR :oops: :D did you get the birdie putt :wink: :D

Jarro
31st August 2004, 01:01 AM
Shall we mention your glorious dribble drive, jarro? (Can't recall the hole number) What was the R7 set to for that one? :P

OK, i'll be a good boy now :oops: