PDA

View Full Version : Found: Iron set +1”

Xout
23rd September 2022, 10:03 PM
Chasing a set of irons for a mate, ideally +1” although anything +.5” or above would be ok.
Ideally stiff, but a firmer reg would be ok too.
He has something forgiving in mind, along the lines of
AP1’s, but he hits my Z765’s pretty well, so anything in between would also be ok.

Doesn’t need to be anything super new.
And bonus if it included a wedge or two and even a hybrid or 5 wood.

Budget $500 max. Posted to Sydney. Happy to pickup also.

Let me know if you have anything suitable/available.

Cheers

davidp
23rd September 2022, 10:36 PM
I have a set of 4 - PW Wishon 560mc - forgiving forged cavity backs. Very good condition - although there is a nick on the 5 iron. Shafted with stiff 115g FSTs. Have used headcovers since I got them so they are in good nick for their age. Will throw in forged 53* & 58* Maltby wedges and a Cobra Rad Speed 17* hybrid with stiff UST Mamiya Recoil shaft. Comes with matching headcover and in vgc. $500pp.

markTHEblake
23rd September 2022, 11:11 PM
David.... where you you when i needed exactly that about 2 months ago!

davidp
23rd September 2022, 11:54 PM
Sorry mtb. Oh - these are built off a 38.5” 5 iron. And there is a matching 50* gap wedge with the 53* wedge bent to 54*. The grips on the irons are Tacki Mac standard with two papers - pretty much midsize.

It’s either sell these or the new Takomo 101s I just took delivery of today.

Xout
24th September 2022, 03:09 PM
I have a set of 4 - PW Wishon 560mc - forgiving forged cavity backs. Very good condition - although there is a nick on the 5 iron. Shafted with stiff 115g FSTs. Have used headcovers since I got them so they are in good nick for their age. Will throw in forged 53* & 58* Maltby wedges and a Cobra Rad Speed 17* hybrid with stiff UST Mamiya Recoil shaft. Comes with matching headcover and in vgc. $500pp.Thanks David, have run it past him but he’s looked into them and said he’s probably not going to be confident enough with a set of MC.

davidp
24th September 2022, 03:15 PM
Thanks David, have run it past him but he’s looked into them and said he’s probably not going to be confident enough with a set of MC.
No problem - they are forgiving though otherwise there is no freakin’ way I could hit these past my nose. Good luck with the search.

Ferrins
25th September 2022, 03:09 PM
I have a set of Callaway Steelhead xr pro 4-gw.
inch over and xp 105 R300.

Xout
26th September 2022, 11:08 AM
Thanks ferrins, could be perfect. How much are you after?

Ferrins
27th September 2022, 06:32 AM
$320 posted. They look a bit rough due to the black finish but the grooves are all good for spin. PM mobile or email if you want pics.

Ferrins
27th September 2022, 06:34 AM
https://pluggedingolf.com/callaway-steelhead-xr-pro-irons-review/

markTHEblake
27th September 2022, 11:36 AM
I have a set of 4 - PW Wishon 560mc - forgiving forged cavity backs. Very good condition - although there is a nick on the 5 iron. Shafted with stiff 115g FSTs. Have used headcovers since I got them so they are in good nick for their age. Will throw in forged 53* & 58* Maltby wedges and a Cobra Rad Speed 17* hybrid with stiff UST Mamiya Recoil shaft. Comes with matching headcover and in vgc. $500pp. Those Irons gotta be worth at least $450, so how much you need for the Rad Speed Hybird? :-)
I dont need it nor want it but i keep thinking about it.

Xout
28th September 2022, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the offers gents, he has found some clevelands locally on gumtree.