PDA

View Full Version : Best Wedges to buy?

billybaub
12th October 2006, 09:26 PM
Looking for recommendations on wedges. Prefer to be something that golfworks stock as i work for the corporation. Makes it easy to get my hands on.

54* and 58*

The new mizuno wedges look mint.

le_quiet_uno
12th October 2006, 10:57 PM
Mizuno wedges are pure.. have just bought myself a set of Raw Haze in 53* and 58*. It feels much softer than my previous CG10s. Try it, you will like it :)

Jarro
13th October 2006, 07:06 AM
Golfworks do Titleist don't they ??

Grab a couple of the spin-milled wedges if you can, they're pretty good.

rick3003
13th October 2006, 07:53 AM
Check out the Pro Shop here. Some damn good prices on Rac Tour Wedges. I would be snapping a few up if I was on the lookout for some new wedges.

billybaub
14th October 2006, 03:48 PM
Golfworks do Titleist don't they ??

Grab a couple of the spin-milled wedges if you can, they're pretty good.

nah no titleist
i think i might go the minzuno wedges soon
i just cant seem to find anything that nice

scarfie1
14th October 2006, 07:29 PM
I'll add my 2 c if I may. I've had plenty of experience with wedges, and some of the best I has were the rac wedges (non TP), which i regret selling. Much better than the 588s (better grinds and softer feeling), even though I currently play the rac TPs, I'm not happy with the grinds. I just ordered a 54 and 60 oil can spin milled so i can try my hand at some custom grinds. But as rick says, the tour rac wedges in the BST, are proabbly the best deal I've seen on any golf clubs in the past few years. They still sell for upto $150 US on ebay for tour y-cutters. Can't comment much on the mizuno wedges, but haven't heard anything but good reviews for them. I'd go for the new MP-R model with the improved sole grind, if you like the mizunos.

freddy a
23rd October 2006, 07:50 PM
Try the X Tour Wedges designed by the Godfather of wedge design Roger Cleveland.
I have the 58 bent to 56 and 60 with the Mac Daddy grooves, the spin is awesome and the feel is second to none, you just cant beat the good forged wedge. It knocked my spin milled out of the bag, I found the Titty's too clunky and lacked feel being a casting.

Moe Norman
24th October 2006, 08:46 PM
titleist only sell through on course pro shops moving forward. So if you see Titleist gear in a golf works or similar, its just old stock.

Iain
25th October 2006, 08:16 AM
titleist only sell through on course pro shops moving forward. So if you see Titleist gear in a golf works or similar, its just old stock.

Drummonds has Titleist, not just old stock.