PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 9th October

Grunt
12th October 2006, 01:38 PM
Well after almost a week of no golf, I played in the Blue Plate Challenge at Ashlar this morning. Started poorly with wipe, 1 point, I thought it was going to be a long day was hitting the ball quite poorly. Boy was I wrong, had a great game after those 2 holes to end up with 36 points. 37 was leading when I left, so close but yet so far :???:

36 points
30 putts :p only had 13 on the back nine
6 Fairways, had a few just off but they dont count
3 GIR
6 up & downs

cazandpaul
13th October 2006, 12:21 PM
That's a nice 16 holes Grunt.

36 points on Wednesday - didn't even win a ball - won lunch though.

Grunt
13th October 2006, 12:21 PM
Played Camden Valley this morning. Played ok, ran out of water on the last 5 holes, really dehydrated after the round. Was Bloody hot too, got in the car and the temp was 39*!

Round Details
38 Points
90 Gross
70 Nett
8 Fairways
7 GIR
40 putts (3 putted the last 5 holes)

I forgot no wipes :p a birdie and a couple of pars. :)

On the whole a good round and should drop a shot too :p am of 19.5 at the moment. Card may take some time to go thru, as Camden valley don't do golflink and said they will fax the card to Bathurst.

Bring on the Champs.

brad
13th October 2006, 12:27 PM
Well done Grant. As we pass on the handicap ladder, I'll give you a high five :smt023

Ducky
13th October 2006, 01:24 PM
I played an individual stableford event yesterday. I finished with 37 points (77 gross), which consisted of 19 points (39 gross) on the front nine, and 18 points (38 gross) on the back nine. Way too many three putts and poor pitching yet again cost me a handful of strokes.

Grunt
14th October 2006, 04:10 PM
Played @ Macarthur Grange this morning in a very slow hot day. I did play ok to start with but the heat and slowplay got to me with my game leaving me after the 12th hole. I finished with 33 points scoring only 3 points in the final 6 holes. Have to play better in the champs. Got to work out how to play when it is slow. At the moment I play really well when the gameplay is flowing.

Fishman Dan
14th October 2006, 05:38 PM
Don't often post games, but i have to vent. I friggin' hate being a member of a public course.

36 points, 3 wipes.

2 birdies, putting was better, short game still sucks. 3 or 4 holes suffered brain farts in the heat, it could have been a much better score.

But the clincher was the 18th. Blocked it into the adjacent 5th fairway. Not a problem - if there isn't a social group coming the other way. Asked the boys if they saw it, i swear one of them looked a little sheepish.

After a brief look it was apparent the ball wasn't there, and with no reload (couldn't be stuffed) a ball was found on our fairway. A Precept 11... Hang on.. Precept 11 D*Feel. Not a U-Tri Tour.

I could be $hitty with the public, but it wasn't my fairway i guess.

Courty
14th October 2006, 06:09 PM
:(

Grunt
15th October 2006, 10:09 AM
Couldn't help myself and I am off to have another hit this afternoon. Could not go off to Coffs with yesterdays round as my last hit. Much nicer day for golf too. :)

goughy
15th October 2006, 12:11 PM
Unbelieveable, but yes, I am posting in this thread this month. 2 months in a row, I won't let it go to my head.

Played a 2b ambrose at city with a mate of mine. It was his first game since may. Combined hc's came out at 7 3/4 (12 and 19), which I thought was pretty good for us to have a run.

All in all I am stoked with how I hit the ball. We were first group off with 2 newbies playing with us. Pro asked us to keep on top of them and don't let us fall behind, so I felt a bit rushed off the first tee and stuffed that tee shot. But that was my only real blown tee shot of the day. Most were pretty good, and could honestly say it was probably my best day off the tee bar my lowest stroke round where I hit every fairway (many years ago now).

I yipped a couple of putts and a chip. Bunker shots were fantastic, nearl holing 2 of them.

We left a fair amount out there tho. Both lipped a few putts on the same holes, and both stuffed our drives on the par 3 4th, having to play from the bunker to a downhill hole position. In fact, we had to play from 4 greenside bunkers during the round which was a bit dissapointing, although we got up and down twice.

Bogeyed the 17th, a par 5. Not a bad drive by steve but a bit behind a tree. He stuffed his second, and since I didn't feel like cutting a 3 wood from a draw stance I just eased an iron up to about 145 out. Thinking the wind was behind us, I eased a cut 6 iron onto the front of the green. Wind was into us quite a bit once I reached the green and finished 2 clubs short of where I wanted. Our only 3 putt resulted when having to putt the length of the 17th green, neither of us got within 2mtrs of the hole. The gentle downhiller back lipped left side for steve and right side for me.

4 bogeys, 2 birdies for a 2 over 72. 64 1/4 nett. Don't know just how low you need to shoot in a 2 man ambrose, but I'm really happy with our score. Just some cobwebs holding us out from a par round. There's another 2 man ambrose in 3 weeks which we will probably play, and one more just before xmas.

Was one of the most fun days on the course I have had for a while. Probably the change in mood around our house now Rob's got a job has helped.

Onewood
15th October 2006, 03:43 PM
No golf for me but I did get Mitchell out for 2 rounds
Saturday at Rowes bay, 9 hole comp (Div 2 red Tees)
56/24 = 32 and won the day
Sunday at Townsville 9 hole Greg Norman Monthly medal (div 2 Red Tees)
52/22 = 30 and got the silver medal
Mitch bought 2 new golf balls with his $10 win on Saturday and lost one of them on the 4th hole today to a CROW

Mitchell has now advanced through to Div 1 off the white tees

His big day is on Tues, in the junior Pro-am ambrose event

terryand
15th October 2006, 03:55 PM
Go Brat.....:mrgreen:

Terry.

Grunt
15th October 2006, 04:46 PM
Woo Hoo, the extra game was well worth it. Played the best game of my life.
43 points!! Won the day too. Was one of those days that everything just works.
My mate Scott gave me one of the putters, that I have posted links to try and help him sell, also to bring up to the champs to show some of you guys, I did not use the ball pick up function of the putter, but boy did it work for me today. I really loved the sound it makes as you putt. I had 32 putts and was really confident over the ball.

Gross 83
Nett 63
43 points
8/12 Fairways
4 GIR
3/10 up & downs
32 putts

Jarro
15th October 2006, 05:02 PM
nice scoring Grant ... nice time to come into some form ;)

terryand
15th October 2006, 05:05 PM
nice scoring Grant ... nice time to come into some form ;)

nah...Peaked too early :-s Good round anyway :-D

Terry.

AndyP
15th October 2006, 05:26 PM
nah...Peaked too early :-s Good round anyway :-D
Was thinking the same thing. That's the good score used up for the next month......

Well done, Grunt. The fact that you only had 3/10 up & downs shows there's a couple more shots up the sleeve.

Bruce
15th October 2006, 05:36 PM
Awesome shooting Grant.

I had to pull out of my round today. Better make up for it on the range.

peter_rs
15th October 2006, 05:46 PM
good work grunt. enjoy being of 17.

Grunt
15th October 2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks Guys,
I are not worried if I have peaked early, my aim is to play golf as well as I can when i can and if it so happens to be at an event or not so be it. It might be a side effect of the op in January. Hopefully the handicap will keep dropping.

BrisVegas
16th October 2006, 09:21 AM
Brookwater on Sunday from the gold tees.

90 gross for 26 stab points.
11/14 fairways
6 GIR
35 putts
1/10 U&D !!

ahem... got off the tee ok.....

Onewood
17th October 2006, 07:02 PM
Mitchells day out with the Pro's
4 man ambrose
11 under 61 for a nett score of 53.1/8
1 off the pass but good enough for 3rd place
The pro was from NZ, Luke Nobilo (2nd cousin to Frank)
Back to school now after a good run of
1st on Sat
2nd on Sun
And a 3rd Today