PDA

View Full Version : A serious conundrum..... what to pick??

goughy
17th August 2022, 09:33 AM
Ok, important stuff here!
Going to get a new putter cover. My bag is mostly black with some white, head covers are the same, and towel is also black. Bag and most is all Ping.
Looking at either of these two covers; I like the orange one, but, you know, all black with some white! Or could it be the pocket square of my bag??

I should add, this is over a Scotty putter, but it's a copy of a Ping so surely that's acceptable?

goughy
17th August 2022, 09:35 AM
Told you it was important!

Planet Golf
17th August 2022, 09:35 AM
Black surely

Kelsey86
17th August 2022, 09:36 AM
Black

virge666
17th August 2022, 09:40 AM
Orange.

Dont be common

Planet Golf
17th August 2022, 10:21 AM
I actually think that the reason I am not seeing many (any) Stealth drivers in use at my club is due to them being "too distinctive".

They look great, but too flashy perhaps?

I am surprised how many players haven't bought new drivers, other than the PING G425 (PING people often only purchase the 1 brand)

Orange.

Dont be common

AndyP
17th August 2022, 10:33 AM
Orange.

I should add, this is over a Scotty putter, but it's a copy of a Ping so surely that's acceptable?
I don't think so.

markTHEblake
17th August 2022, 10:36 AM
Use a sock. Then nobody will steal your putter, and if you are not in the military is the one remaining worthwhile use for a single sock.

WBennett
17th August 2022, 11:39 AM
I actually think that the reason I am not seeing many (any) Stealth drivers in use at my club is due to them being "too distinctive".

They look great, but too flashy perhaps?

I am surprised how many players haven't bought new drivers, other than the PING G425 (PING people often only purchase the 1 brand)

Titleist don't make Stealth. If they did, they would sell squillions to RC

Planet Golf
17th August 2022, 12:10 PM
Fair comment Wayne, but I reckon PING tip out Titleist at RC.

Stealth just doesn't seem common across the ranges/courses that I visit, but I have only heard good things from retail, but just don't see them around!

Titleist don't make Stealth. If they did, they would sell squillions to RC

WBennett
17th August 2022, 06:04 PM
Murray has just started discounting his. I assume they aren't moving that quick!

MAZA68
17th August 2022, 07:03 PM
orange will mix with black and white well.

AndyP
17th August 2022, 07:44 PM
orange will mix with black and white well.Surprising that wbennett didn't mention this considering his footy team.

Toxic
17th August 2022, 08:28 PM
Orange every day

Johnny Canuck
17th August 2022, 11:37 PM
Use a sock. Then nobody will steal your putter, and if you are not in the military is the one remaining worthwhile use for a single sock.

a flog sock?

Dotty
18th August 2022, 08:36 AM
Neither, as I've had the vinyl of at least two Ping putter covers blister/peel over the years.

Mine were a Scottsdale and a generic black one, and I suspect that you may have the same grief with that black cover.

Daves
18th August 2022, 09:04 AM
a flog sock?

or an anti-flog?;)

markTHEblake
18th August 2022, 09:11 AM
Neither, as I've had the vinyl of at least two Ping putter covers blister/peel over the years. Yep, if they aint genuine leather, thats what happens. I guess the OEMs count on people upgrading before they wear out

Planet Golf
18th August 2022, 09:14 AM
I have seen Stealth drivers at $550 in retail.

Haven't seen the G425 discounted as yet.

Sim2 didn't seem to be a big improvement on Sim, so haven't seen many of those.

with TM throwing all their marketing behind "Carbon not Titanium", what do they do if Stealth ends up being a low seller? double down?

Murray has just started discounting his. I assume they aren't moving that quick!

goughy
18th August 2022, 10:18 AM
Neither, as I've had the vinyl of at least two Ping putter covers blister/peel over the years.

Mine were a Scottsdale and a generic black one, and I suspect that you may have the same grief with that black cover.

Don't say that!!!!! Ping clubs can survive a nuclear explosion. How could their head covers not?? Now you've thrown the cat among the pigeons. My scotty cover, while aged, has held up well. What do they make their stock head covers out of?

markTHEblake
18th August 2022, 12:11 PM
with TM throwing all their marketing behind "Carbon not Titanium", what do they do if Stealth ends up being a low seller? double down? Its well known the TM's biggest sales volumes are always the previous model. Thats one reason they have rapid new releases, its a deliberate strategy not a case of "oops we made too many and now have to liquidate stock".

Ping on the other hand, like Apple, dont cheapen their brand by doing this.

ParkRoyal
18th August 2022, 04:24 PM
Don't say that!!!!! Ping clubs can survive a nuclear explosion. How could their head covers not?? Now you've thrown the cat among the pigeons. My scotty cover, while aged, has held up well. What do they make their stock head covers out of?

Go for something different/custom https://www.seamusgolf.com/en-au/collections/putter-covers

There are a few headcover manufactures around now, some even local

Yossarian
18th August 2022, 06:06 PM
https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/55355-Puttah-Cover?highlight=

henno
18th August 2022, 08:28 PM
Team Orange over here.