PDA

View Full Version : Downtime - 10/10/06

AndyP
11th October 2006, 07:40 AM
Some of you may have noticed that the forum was extra slow last night, then the forum disappeared altogether and left a suspension error.

No idea why this happened, Clikchic is looking into it, but what I have noticed is that some of the post order is screwy. One example is a thread that I bumped, and have had replies, yet my post is last. There's another one where a quoted post is before the actual post that was quoted. Creepy!

AndyP
11th October 2006, 07:53 AM
We have been told that there is "no recorded reason" for the downtime. How helpful!

It appears that a few of you can post in the future now. You'll have to show me how to do that......

PeteyD
11th October 2006, 07:55 AM
Testing.

Alas I am not one of them.

AndyP
11th October 2006, 08:03 AM
What I believe happened is that there was some sort of server error, and as a result the server time changed somehow to the "future". This would have happened around 11pm last night, and people like Moe and myself posted in this time, which gave the post the wrong timestamp.

Jarro
11th October 2006, 08:04 AM
Bloody cheap yank servers :p

AndyP
11th October 2006, 08:45 AM
Posts 125416 to 125454 have the wrong timestamp on them. These times correlate with 6:54p to 10:27p our time yesterday.

If you visited in those times, you will have already been marked as having visited the site today. What this has done is stuffed some of the new post markings, so there may be some posts that you haven't read that were posted last night or this morning that aren't marked as such.

AndyP
11th October 2006, 10:03 AM
I've fixed the times of the posts in question which was a PITA, and I think I got all of them.

It looks like this was a common problem for several forums overnight.