PDA

View Full Version : Sokkah World Cup 2022

WBennett
14th June 2022, 01:11 PM
Well, that was an unexpected result!

In what seems a lifetime away from the glory days of Kaiserslauten in 2006 and the golden generation, a team of misfits lacking any genuine superstars has somehow made the World Cup Finals. Yes, 32 teams now play in them so the quality has dropped, but I didn't see them making it a few weeks ago, let alone a goal down in the shootout. It was a hell of a win, and the antics of Redmayne will be remembered for a very long time.

I can't see this team making the round of 16 on form or class though. Who is possibly able to strengthen the squad - Rogic, Soutar and not much else?

Yossarian
14th June 2022, 01:38 PM
Is the location okay with everyone?

PerryGroves
14th June 2022, 01:52 PM

If selected I won't be going, like a Teal voter downsizing to a mid range 4wd, you have to make a stand somewhere.

Dotty
14th June 2022, 02:00 PM
If selected I won't be going, like a Teal voter downsizing to a mid range 4wd, you have to make a stand somewhere.
I want to play there, because the A League has done nothing to support me.

Captain Nemo
14th June 2022, 02:18 PM
Too hot for me….

WBennett
14th June 2022, 02:37 PM

The process was corrupt - this should have been our WC.

But the players didn't choose it, they get no say.

Yossarian
14th June 2022, 02:50 PM
Why aren't they boycotting it? Are the $$s more important?

dannycallaz
14th June 2022, 02:58 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand the group of death again Benno.Desperately need Rogic back. He’s away on personal reasons or something.This morning was pretty exciting.
Well, that was an unexpected result!In what seems a lifetime away from the glory days of Kaiserslauten in 2006 and the golden generation, a team of misfits lacking any genuine superstars has somehow made the World Cup Finals. Yes, 32 teams now play in them so the quality has dropped, but I didn't see them making it a few weeks ago, let alone a goal down in the shootout. It was a hell of a win, and the antics of Redmayne will be remembered for a very long time.I can't see this team making the round of 16 on form or class though. Who is possibly able to strengthen the squad - Rogic, Soutar and not much else?

3Puttpete
14th June 2022, 03:10 PM
Why aren't they boycotting it? Are the $$s more important?

At least they’ll get to keep the $$$ they earn, unlike the seppos.

WBennett
14th June 2022, 05:56 PM
Aaaaaaaaaand the group of death again Benno.Desperately need Rogic back. He’s away on personal reasons or something.This morning was pretty exciting. Every group is the group of death when you are the worst team to qualify

Yossarian
14th June 2022, 07:20 PM
Tournament of death more like it.

Johnny Canuck
14th June 2022, 07:31 PM
Go Canada!

ParkRoyal
16th June 2022, 03:32 PM

Qatar is a shithole. Was there when we lost the Asian Cup final in 2011 (***ing David Carney)

And yeah they got it through corruption, and its at the wrong time, and heaps of workers died during construction.

They've done well to qualify, lack of home games and time together. And Graham Arnold as manager....

ParkRoyal
16th June 2022, 03:38 PM
Have been to 3 World Cups (Germany. South Africa & Brazil) its a amazing experience being in the host country and look forward to host the Womens WC next year and hopefully the mens one day.

Kaiserslauten in 2006 is one of my favourite days of my life, the party in town afterwards was bonkers, have no idea where the beer came from or how I got back to my accomodation.

dannycallaz
16th June 2022, 08:59 PM
What a day that was can’t imagine being there! What an awesome experience mate.

Toxic
23rd November 2022, 06:05 AM
I assume everyone is up watching the socceroos

Kelsey86
23rd November 2022, 06:33 AM
Not here. Rather watch paint dry..

ParkRoyal
23rd November 2022, 08:36 AM
Was a pretty decent goal to start, but the rest was pretty predictable.

The Denmark Tunisia draw assists.

Good way for Argentina to start Messi's last WC....

BobsYourUncle
23rd November 2022, 12:39 PM
I saw most of the first half, we were nearly 2 up, and had another chance later with Irvine's header hitting the post. But once France got going we were always going to struggle defensively.

Huge upset last night in the Argentina game, I went to bed at half time expecting to wake up to a 4-0 scoreline.

Captain Nemo
26th November 2022, 10:06 AM
Great tournament so far.

thecollective
26th November 2022, 11:57 PM
Great win from the Socceroos, bring on the Danes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toxic
1st December 2022, 02:49 AM
Cmon Aussies

45 minutes to go

peter_rs
1st December 2022, 02:52 AM
Let’s hope our mid field wakes up

WBennett
1st December 2022, 03:02 AM
We have dragged them down to our level by the end of the half.

Keep it scoreless at 60 minutes and they will lose their composure

Yossarian
1st December 2022, 08:14 AM
Sad day for Australia

AndyP
1st December 2022, 08:28 AM
Sad day for Australia
A boycott of the tournament now would really make a statement.

ParkRoyal
1st December 2022, 08:35 AM
Credit to the Drunk Uncle he's done pretty well.

Fair return from an ACL for Harry Soutar

WBennett
2nd December 2022, 08:05 AM
What a ridiculous last hour.

Spain were cruising, then lose to Japan thanks to a slightly dodgy goal.
Germany were cruising against Costa Rica, went behind, and Costa Rica were in... until Germany woke up and won. But it wasn't enough.

Great to see Japan back into the final 16 - Asian football with 2 though to the quarters

SundayHack
2nd December 2022, 12:02 PM
What a ridiculous last hour.Spain were cruising, then lose to Japan thanks to a slightly dodgy goal.Germany were cruising against Costa Rica, went behind, and Costa Rica were in... until Germany woke up and won. But it wasn't enough.Great to see Japan back into the final 16 - Asian football with 2 though to the quarters Do you think Spain wanted to win though? If they had of won they would have had to play Croatia and keeps Germany in the tournament. Japan wins and they get to play Morocco and knocks Germany out. Can’t tell me at half time the coach didn’t say “boys if we throw this one it makes our tournament going forward that little bit easier”. Japan were $81 to win the game at half time.

WBennett
2nd December 2022, 01:41 PM
Spain were out when they were down to Japan and Costa Rica were up 2-1.

Hard to 'manage' the result when things happening simultaneously down the road would have seen you booted from the tournament

SundayHack
2nd December 2022, 02:41 PM
Germany were never getting out of the group stage after their protest earlier in the tournament. FIFA were going to make sure of that with Japan’s dodgy VAR

ParkRoyal
2nd December 2022, 03:36 PM
It wasn't dodgy, ball was in.

Germany taken out by East Asian teams 2 WC's in a row

Belgium's golden era team, what a massive dissapointment.

Ron Burgundy
11th December 2022, 08:51 AM
In a shocking and completely unforeseeable turn of events, it’s not coming home.

3Puttpete
11th December 2022, 10:38 AM
In a shocking and completely unforeseeable turn of events, it’s not coming home.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221210/1630f5e220a884c88e1895a844eac4aa.jpg