PDA

View Full Version : Closed "Leave Page?" popup

pt73
6th June 2022, 10:28 AM
I've just started getting a popup message asking if I want to leave the page whenever I try to reply to a post or a PM.

Using Firefox 91.10.0esr (32-bit) on Windows 10 Pro on my work laptop and neither can be updated.

AndyP
6th June 2022, 10:35 AM
I'm getting this too, and I haven't changed anything to trigger this. I'll look into it. For now, just confirm that you want to leave the page.

pt73
6th June 2022, 11:38 AM
I'm getting this too, and I haven't changed anything to trigger this. I'll look into it. For now, just confirm that you want to leave the page.
No I was just hitting the reply button.

I'm not sure it's this site's problem as I just got the same popup on another site.

I'll google it and see if it's a browser problem.

AndyP
6th June 2022, 01:46 PM
No I was just hitting the reply button.
Yes, that's what I'm saying. I get the same pop-up as you. But administratively I have not changed any of the forum settings recently.

pt73
6th June 2022, 01:56 PM
That's what I thought, I found a possible solution so I'll see if that works.

It did and below is what I did:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1067058

AndyP
6th June 2022, 06:59 PM
pt73, this might have gone away by itself. I'm not experiencing the pop-up anymore, so maybe the server hosts addressed the issue. The workaround that you are using may have a negative impact.

If anyone else is getting it, please let me know.

AndyP
8th June 2022, 09:39 AM
pt73, I recommend changing the setting back and trying again. I believe that this issue has resolved itself.