PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Courses Open

golfbound
23rd May 2022, 09:43 PM
Are any courses in Sydney open with carts might be keen for a game friday, was looking at maybe Northbridge but open to suggestions.

markTHEblake
23rd May 2022, 11:36 PM
Macquarie links is open, i played there Friday and it was fine. But, was carts on paths.

PerryGroves
24th May 2022, 10:58 AM
If you want to play, get as far away from the coast as possible.

I'm not that far from Northbridge (have no idea why anyone would want to play it :lol:), it hosed down last night, more rain today and tomorrow.

My own course will be closed all this week, Northbridge might be a chance to open because they need the revenue......carts......that's another matter.

golfbound
24th May 2022, 11:31 AM
Thanks Perry

I picked Northbridge as i havent played it before and it looked like it might have been on a hill so thought it might drain better than others. Just trying to find some courses i havent played before.

If you want to play, get as far away from the coast as possible.

I'm not that far from Northbridge (have no idea why anyone would want to play it :lol:), it hosed down last night, more rain today and tomorrow.

My own course will be closed all this week, Northbridge might be a chance to open because they need the revenue......carts......that's another matter.

PerryGroves
24th May 2022, 11:48 AM
You are right, Northbridge is on a steep hill and hence ideally suited to goats.

I saw a tweet from the Super at The Lakes, there is a lot of surface water but they are playing today with no carts.

Rather than hills, you need sand based courses if you can't make it out west, closer to the city, Bonnie Doon or The Lakes, Eastlakes maybe as a cheaper option. Forget the northside of Sydney. Nemo might chime in with a couple of other options.

I would just go to lunch.

markTHEblake
24th May 2022, 12:01 PM
I was at Bonnie Doon clubhouse on sunday, plenty playing, look as it had never rained.

Have you tried the T brothers? They are members of one of the courses at Little Bay, but not NSW, might be The Coast.

Sydney Hacker
24th May 2022, 12:46 PM
Are you still at Many Perry? Monash managed to open in the weekend, but I suspect it will be closed again for the rest of the week.

I do suspect they only opened on the weekend so the Masters Pennant team could get their matches in.

PerryGroves
24th May 2022, 01:19 PM
Yeah mate, still there but only just hanging on, the cost per game is astronomical and I don't even like the course.

We played on the weekend but got a note yesterday saying closed for the foreseeable future, still hosing here now. Some holes are OK but others have massive issues.

Good luck.

sms316
24th May 2022, 07:13 PM
Northbridge has a genuine claim for being the worst course in Sydney.

pt73
26th May 2022, 06:35 PM
Having played there many times in Junior Pennant it’s certainly up there.

Captain Nemo
26th May 2022, 07:00 PM

Should turn it into housing.

Dotty
26th May 2022, 07:22 PM
Should turn it into housing.
Give it back to the traditional owners.

Macarthur Grange and Bardwell Valley also, the other worst courses in Sydney.

Captain Nemo
26th May 2022, 07:52 PM
Give it back to the traditional owners.

Macarthur Grange and Bardwell Valley also, the other worst courses in Sydney.

You’re not wrong there mate….good idea!

PerryGroves
27th May 2022, 08:43 AM
Having played there many times in Junior Pennant it’s certainly up there.

You would hope they have made some improvements post Woodstock

WBennett
20th August 2023, 07:19 PM
Thread mining

Where can I find an open comp in Sydney on a Monday?

marcel
20th August 2023, 11:30 PM
Cabramatta, Eastlakes, Strathfield, Long Reef

PeterCool
15th October 2023, 10:35 PM
Wow. I have a mate that’s a member there and wants me to play. A search bought this up. Now I might leave my clubs in Melbourne.