PDA

View Full Version : club build for 12yr old son

supo67
9th May 2022, 03:46 PM
i may.............. have a few too many clubs lying about and ever so recently my son has decided he likes golf....................
loves smashing the ball to be precise , yea the driver is the fun bit.........

hes using him moms clubs at the moment but they dont seem to " fit" they jsut look wrong either too long or too, idunno just wrong

ive got a set of heads in mind for him that shud last him a while and want to build a sub set.

6/7/8/9 and 2 wedges will more than do for now.
a utility and a driver.

was going to go for a light driver head under 190g prob 11* ish and shaft that im not sure about hes a bit of a lump and gives it a more than decent rip as it is.

good swing ,very natural , plays baseball so knows how to get into the pill.................

how shud i measure a set for him , i m thinking to erron the slightyl longer side so he can grow in to them, hes very good at choking down on the club as it is , driver shaft prob some kind of ladies flex??

any help, dialoge, suggestion , MUCH appreciated chaps, cheers

backintheswing
9th May 2022, 04:47 PM
Supo, I have a cobra junior driver that my son has outgrown. He is now 15.

It's a F8 and comes with 2 shafts , one shorter one for 11-13yo and a fujikura black regular 60. These are the exact shafts that came from cobra back when I got it. I will have to get you the specs of the shorter shaft. And I'm pretty sure it adjusts from 11 to 14* . Send me a pm if you are interested

solarbear
14th May 2022, 01:14 PM
https://decathlon.com.au/products/golf-driver-500-right-handed-size-1-low-speed?variant=3120132302449

Might be an option. The British YouTubers always seem surprised by the quality.