PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing Finishes

Andrew
8th October 2006, 06:01 AM
I’ve just posted a review of Kooyonga in the review section, having played it on Friday for the 2nd time. I really love the course, but find the last 2 holes quite disappointing. Of all the greens on the course, 17 & 18 are probably the worst. Even so, they don’t diminish my enjoyment of the course that much, I only wish they were better holes.

What other courses have you played where you felt the last hole or two could have been better?

Moe Norman
8th October 2006, 08:52 AM
Off the top of my head.

Royal Portrush - the best start I can recall and perhaps the worst finish, given the quality of the rest of the course.

Pacific Harbour - 16 and 17 are terrible, 18 revives it from death.

Barwon Heads - it gets pretty dull after 14/15.

marcel
8th October 2006, 10:47 AM
last holes only....
Cypress, NSWGC (with both of those what preceeds them makes them emminently forgiveable, plus they'd probably be great holes on the 2nd best course in [insert city here])
The Lakes
As an opposite, what about The Australian having its best hole last!!

just
8th October 2006, 01:58 PM
Pacific Harbour - 16 and 17 are terrible, 18 revives it from death.
Moe
Whats wrong with the 17th, other than its length?
Just

Moe Norman
8th October 2006, 04:34 PM
nothing wrong with its length.

perhaps a little too much sand...?

goughy
8th October 2006, 06:12 PM
perhaps a little too much sand...?

..... In front of the tee box for you if I'm not wrong!!

just
8th October 2006, 06:31 PM
I agree a few of those bunkers could go, but generally I think its a good hole. Scenic almost, with the beach effect along the waters edge.
Just

Moe Norman
8th October 2006, 07:21 PM
but generally I think its a good hole. Scenic almost, with the beach effect along the waters edge. lets just say we have 'different taste' and leave it at that ;)