PDA

View Full Version : Used driver shaft

Kelsey86
9th May 2022, 02:28 PM
I'm looking to replace my driver shaft in the near future, and was gonna offload the current one in order to partially fund the new one, just not sure what sorta price range I should put on it. It's been looked after and in very good condition.

Or, would a "trade in" at the pro shop be a better idea? I'll be going through them for the new one, my coach put together what he thought would suit my swing when I replaced my 3 wood and it's been fantastic so I trust I'll get the right fit again.

Cheers

bdoug10
9th May 2022, 05:51 PM
What shaft is it Kelsey?

markTHEblake
9th May 2022, 08:20 PM
Buy a new one and sell the old one later.
Then after a while you could open a pro shop with all the stuff in the gonna sell stash, if you can get around to doing that.

Kelsey86
9th May 2022, 09:11 PM
What shaft is it Kelsey? Mitsubishi tensei orange/red CK 60 in regular flex. Was fine a couple of years ago when I bought it but my swing has sped up since then.

Kelsey86
9th May 2022, 09:23 PM
Buy a new one and sell the old one later.Then after a while you could open a pro shop with all the stuff in the gonna sell stash, if you can get around to doing that.Haha I could do that, but if I sell it first I can get the new one quicker and put the driver back in the bag. I haven't been using it lately, too uncontrollable.

bdoug10
10th May 2022, 08:32 AM
Mitsubishi tensei orange/red CK 60 in regular flex. Was fine a couple of years ago when I bought it but my swing has sped up since then. Marketplace selling a few between $100-$150. How much trade in are they offering?

Kelsey86
10th May 2022, 09:30 AM
Marketplace selling a few between $100-$150. How much trade in are they offering? Ok cool. Not sure yet, I haven't spoken to him about it since I initially asked about whether changing it would be a good idea. I'll be back there next weekend unless the weather and my work hours allow a range session before then, so I'll have a chat then. It's not an urgent matter as I'm pretty happy using the wood in its place for now, but it would be nice to get the driver working well again with something that suits my current swing.

markTHEblake
10th May 2022, 10:33 AM
Mitsubishi tensei orange/red CK 60 in regular flex. Was fine a couple of years ago when I bought it but my swing has sped up since then. I got one of those things in S flex, pretty sure its orange CK 65

Kelsey86
10th May 2022, 10:51 AM
I got one of those things in S flex, pretty sure its orange CK 65 Yeah I think mine is orange too, just the coloured band near the top looks more red than orange. I have a blue AV 65 s flex in the 3 wood. I suppose the shorter length of it would play a part, but it is a lot easier for me to control. It feels stable and solid through the swing rather than whippy and mistimed.

backintheswing
10th May 2022, 12:07 PM
I got one of those things in S flex, pretty sure its orange CK 65Benno_r is looking for one