PDA

View Full Version : Australia vs Paraguay

Fishman Dan
7th October 2006, 09:19 PM
The game hasn't been the best spectacle, but the Brisbane crowd have created an awesome atmosphere all the way through regardless.

Brilliantly executed goal by Popovich. Sensational OG just a second ago by the Aussie defender.

poidda
7th October 2006, 11:31 PM
yeah, it was a great atmosphere at the game. it was a shame about the og, but that's football for ya. nice send off for the guys though.

Jarro
8th October 2006, 04:03 AM
was there a game on ???

amanda
8th October 2006, 08:45 AM
poor beauchamp - it will take some miracle play in the future to erase that one from his memory :(

Fishman Dan
8th October 2006, 10:32 AM
Luckily for him it was just a friendly. The score was almost irrelevant, especially after Poppa's goal.

I'm going to the Bahrain game on Wednesday, should be awesome.

McCoy
8th October 2006, 03:10 PM
I didn't understand the '1 up front' line up, given that it doesn't suit Aloisi and that the Paraguayans were always going to sit back, defend and attack on the counter.
Just seemed a stupid formation that guaranteed a dull game.

AndyP
8th October 2006, 04:59 PM
Brilliantly executed goal by Popovich. Sensational OG just a second ago by the Aussie defender.
A lot of excitement, followed by a very empty feeling.

Fishman Dan
8th October 2006, 06:57 PM
I think the lack of playing as a team regularly meant there was no cohesion for the Aussies rather than the tactics used, although i don't necessarily disagree.

I swear you could almost hear the crowd laughing when the OG was scored.

billybaub
16th October 2006, 08:46 PM
the noise there just died
i was just behind the goal at the other end...in the aus fan bay...and the whole stadium just seemed to stop

was like what now???

Fishman Dan
16th October 2006, 10:06 PM
The funniest thing happened during the Bahrain game.. when the announcer requested over the PA - "Could patrons refrain from using whistles".

About 5 minutes of non-stop whistles followed. It was at about the 70 minute mark.