PDA

View Full Version : Any T100 reviews please?

dee cee
21st April 2022, 09:00 AM
Any thoughts on these? I’m going to of course hit them but they have caught my eye over others. Some OZ reviews needed.

I like the size, limited offset, clean look, sole for sweepers(ish), tungsten down low for low misses and forgiveness.

5 cap for reference with irons the strongest part of my game.

Thanks peeps…

Kelsey86
21st April 2022, 11:09 AM
I'm also interested in these. I'm not a single figure yet but I am working towards it and looking to replace my irons in the next few months.

Johnny Canuck
21st April 2022, 11:23 AM
Fantastic irons. Surprisingly forgiving. Couldn’t recommend them enough. The y look great as well.

If you have a Titleist fitting day in your area, do it, we’ll worth the hour.

JADO75
21st April 2022, 12:39 PM
Don’t bother with the T100 model, get the the T100s model.

Captain Nemo
21st April 2022, 01:14 PM
Why?

Johnny Canuck
21st April 2022, 01:28 PM
Don’t bother with the T100 model, get the the T100s model.

Like you need stronger lofts.

BobsYourUncle
21st April 2022, 01:37 PM
I've hit them on a launch monitor. They're very nice irons. Found them quite similar to the Wilson Staff FG v6, so the Wilson Staff Model CBs are probably also worth a look.

I think the T100s might make more sense if you're looking at a blended set, with T200 in the longer irons. Personal preference though I guess.

dee cee
22nd April 2022, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys. If I get the chance to hit them soon I’ll report back. I used the V6’s for a few seasons. Good clubs so if the T100’s are close to that I’ll probably get the T100’s.

And I’m not sold on the T100s version on paper but makes sense to test them also I guess.

Have a good weekend of golf peeps.

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2022, 11:02 AM
Good luck. I think you’ll quite like them.

rick3003
25th April 2022, 04:47 PM
I am using the T100s irons and they and they fairly smallish, very blade like in size. Very thin soles and top line. I came from a set of V6 irons and IMO the v6 felt way better and were more forgiving.

Steve
25th April 2022, 06:21 PM
I am using the T100s irons and they and they fairly smallish, very blade like in size. Very thin soles and top line. I came from a set of V6 irons and IMO the v6 felt way better and were more forgiving.

Rick did you try the new Wilsons before picking the T100, as my V6s are coming up for replacement I was looking between the Wilson CB / zx7 / T100, the only thing putting me of the CBs is there is only DG as a shaft up here.

BobsYourUncle
25th April 2022, 06:40 PM
Rick did you try the new Wilsons before picking the T100, as my V6s are coming up for replacement I was looking between the Wilson CB / zx7 / T100, the only thing putting me of the CBs is there is only DG as a shaft up here. Buy the CBs, swap the shafts, sell the S300s, profit?

Minor_Threat
25th April 2022, 07:49 PM
I'm using the new T100S, love them definite increase in length of at least 1 club.

petethepilot
25th April 2022, 08:41 PM
I have a set of Wilson staff CB heads 4 to pw available for someone. They some some bag chatter but at least fair condition! Great feel and good forgiveness. PM if u r looking!

rick3003
25th April 2022, 08:55 PM
Rick did you try the new Wilsons before picking the T100, as my V6s are coming up for replacement I was looking between the Wilson CB / zx7 / T100, the only thing putting me of the CBs is there is only DG as a shaft up here.
I went for a fitting and they do good and have picked up yardage but do miss the feel and forgiveness of the Wilson's. I think the more cambered sole suit me better

rick3003
25th April 2022, 08:56 PM
I have a set of Wilson staff CB heads 4 to pw available for someone. They some some bag chatter but at least fair condition! Great feel and good forgiveness. PM if u r looking!
What replaced these PTP?

petethepilot
25th April 2022, 09:16 PM
A set of Ping i525’s. I took the shafts out of the Wilson's and put them into the Pings.
the Wilsons look better and feel better but I’m getting old so I was seduced by the distance they go.

rick3003
25th April 2022, 09:20 PM
I'm in the same boat, the extra distance is nice but the wilson irons are special

petethepilot
25th April 2022, 09:38 PM
I have to keep the Pings as a mate has bet me they won’t last the year in my bag!
In my favour is I’m about to have knee replacement surgery so no golf for 4 months!
I still may lose the bet though!

dee cee
25th April 2022, 10:26 PM
Damn PTP, take care of yourself!

rick3003
25th April 2022, 10:26 PM
Good luck with the surgery, sounds like you better hang onto those staff cb's.
I learnt a long time ago not to make silly bets..

dee cee
28th April 2022, 03:51 PM
So I went and tested the P7mc’s, Apex pro and T100 today. They all felt and performed very similar. Inside testing saw the numbers all look very similar but the Apex pro maybe felt the best. The other two were similar.

Outside however on real grass the T100 won comfortably for me. I’m not sure why but the ball flight, dispersion and feel was just better. It wasn’t even a contest, although Apex Pro wasn’t too far off. The P7mc was just a little unforgiving in this test. To be fair I did not have my A swing, but maybe that’s actually a good thing. as when I flushed them all, they all were good. But when I missed it, the T100’s remained most consistent. I tried several shafts in each and was quite surprised with some of the differences and results. Just goes to show testing does maybe matter?

T100 ordered and I couldn’t help myself and bought some SM9’s also. Got to test them around the chipping green. Nothing mind blowing here, wedges don’t change a lot.

I’ll post further when they get here and I’ve played a few rounds for future reference.

Thanks peeps.

Captain Nemo
28th April 2022, 04:09 PM
Shafts?

dee cee
28th April 2022, 04:55 PM
I ended up with AMT blacks which was a surprise but they just loaded good for me. I used a few different ones in testing across the different heads. I can’t specifically remember all but recall PX LZ which I wanted to like but didn’t work, one of the Modus 3 variants, NS pro 950, AMT white; some sort of Elevates…. That’s all I recall.

Captain Nemo
28th April 2022, 05:25 PM
Cheers.

Johnny Canuck
28th April 2022, 10:16 PM
I ended up with AMT blacks which was a surprise but they just loaded good for me. I used a few different ones in testing across the different heads. I can’t specifically remember all but recall PX LZ which I wanted to like but didn’t work, one of the Modus 3 variants, NS pro 950, AMT white; some sort of Elevates…. That’s all I recall.

Good luck. They are great sticks.

Hatchman
30th April 2022, 09:21 AM
So I went and tested the P7mc’s, Apex pro and T100 today. They all felt and performed very similar. Inside testing saw the numbers all look very similar but the Apex pro maybe felt the best. The other two were similar.

Outside however on real grass the T100 won comfortably for me. I’m not sure why but the ball flight, dispersion and feel was just better. It wasn’t even a contest, although Apex Pro wasn’t too far off. The P7mc was just a little unforgiving in this test. To be fair I did not have my A swing, but maybe that’s actually a good thing. as when I flushed them all, they all were good. But when I missed it, the T100’s remained most consistent. I tried several shafts in each and was quite surprised with some of the differences and results. Just goes to show testing does maybe matter?

T100 ordered and I couldn’t help myself and bought some SM9’s also. Got to test them around the chipping green. Nothing mind blowing here, wedges don’t change a lot.

I’ll post further when they get here and I’ve played a few rounds for future reference.

Thanks peeps.

An honest review and some good advice here, test hit more than once and out doors if you can.
The real difference became apparent when your swing was off a little which lets face it is how it going to be more weekends than not.

As a matter for my own curiosity. Which club head did you like the look of best visually and which did you like the most at address?
The reason I ask is I've always been a big believer in you'll hit clubs you like the look of better on average than something that visually is not as good. I don't think there's a massive amount of difference in clubs these days for ugly to the eye ones to give far superior results to convince the brain over looks.

Scottt
30th April 2022, 11:22 AM
Agree with that, Hatchman.

I think that’s especially so with drivers these days. TM, Cally, Titleist, Ping, Cobra, Srixon, Mizuno and I’m sure some others I’m forgetting all make a range drivers that are much of a muchness for the handicap amateur.

If you decide which brand you most like the look of at address, you can get fit into the head and shaft that best suit you and IMO the affect of the confidence and comfort on making good swings will outweigh some incremental performance metric on Trackman that another brand may have offered.

I find I am really funny with wedges too. My greenside to 70m game is a big part of keeping my handicap low, but I cannot hit a shot worth a damn with a Vokey wedge. Just something in the look from address that I’m uncomfortable with, and the results flow from there.

Kelsey86
30th April 2022, 12:27 PM
I wonder if that visual stuff had an effect on me when I was testing out fairway woods recently. I tried a Callaway, can't remember the model, next a Sim 2 I think, and a Titleist TSi3. I didn't really like the look of the Callaway or Sim at address for some reason, and I didn't really hit them very well either. I really liked the look of the TSi3 at address, something about it gave me confidence I could hit it well. I hit it much better than the others, and it's now been in the bag for several rounds. Love it. I don't like the look of big bulky irons much, I prefer the smaller ones hence my interest in this thread. When I get to replacing mine I will definitely test these out if I can. I have had a look at them in stores, did a couple of address setups and I liked the look better than my current ones. I haven't hit one yet though.

dee cee
30th April 2022, 06:52 PM
Agree looks definitely come into it but in this test they were all pretty good looking. Slim top line, small head and minimal offset. Over the ball I liked the P7mc and T100 equally the best and the Apex pro closely behind. Looking at the back of the club I liked all of them with T100 in front but was happy with all of them really. They are all good looking and pretty in offensive.To be honest their ain’t much in the three. After the indoor test I actually had it as Apex pro in the lead with the other two equally second. It wasn’t until I hit them outside that the T100 shone through emphatically. It’ll all be different for everyone so testing is definitely advised I’d say.

dee cee
11th May 2022, 10:01 PM
Well no update on the irons other than being informed they’ll be here maybe by July 7… 🤦*♂️ I read about delays but man… that’s a wait!

Johnny Canuck
11th May 2022, 10:16 PM
Well no update on the irons other than being informed they’ll be here maybe by July 7… [emoji1751]*[emoji3603] I read about delays but man… that’s a wait!

I was told a month or so when they were first released and got them in 8-10 days.

They are having some component issues at the moment, as are most suppliers.

I’m hoping my SM9s come quicker than they’ve been quoted.

Minor_Threat
12th May 2022, 07:27 PM
I'm disappointed in that the sole of my 4 iron is starting to lose the plating?

Will definitely be returning it to the pro-shop under warranty..

Hatchman
13th May 2022, 09:08 AM
I'm disappointed in that the sole of my 4 iron is starting to lose the plating?

Will definitely be returning it to the pro-shop under warranty..

How many rounds of use has that had?

Minor_Threat
13th May 2022, 09:49 AM
How many rounds of use has that had?Probably only hit about 50 balls with it.

dee cee
13th May 2022, 09:05 PM
Wowsers that ain’t great 😬

Minor_Threat
13th May 2022, 09:23 PM
Wowsers that ain’t great 😬All the other clubs in the set are fine and they have been hit heaps more, so not sure what is going on..

Johnny Canuck
14th May 2022, 12:01 AM
Wedges arrived in 4 weeks after being quoted 6.

Hatchman
30th May 2022, 08:26 AM
Been looking at T100 irons but no shop has had the T100S to compare against.
The 620MB’s made me chubby up a lot more. No one had the 620CB to look at as I really like the look in pics. They look heaps better than previous CB heads over the AP model era.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dee cee
22nd June 2022, 10:39 PM
Pick ‘em up tomorrow. 28th April to 23rd June. Not as bad as expected… I’ll do a mini review soon.

Kelsey86
25th July 2022, 05:44 PM
I have a set of these in the bag now, 4-P. They are basically off the shelf with the AMT tour white S300 shafts. I was fitted for them, it just happened to be that the stock standard matched the fit. The lie angle was bent upright a degree however. Short review I absolutely love them.

The swing weight feels a lot lighter and easier to control than my old ones, although a couple of guys I play regularly with had a couple of air swings with one and both commented that it felt heavy. I like the small heads and thin topline, as well as the bugger all offset. They give the illusion that the ball is teed up which gives me confidence in making a clean strike. Easier to work the ball.

On the other end of the spectrum there seems to be enough forgiveness that mis-hits don't go wildly off line and still get a reasonable distance on them. Bad swings are suitably punished.

Overall I'm really happy with them. I'm still dialling in my distances but I am getting more distance with them than my old ones, and it's more consistent. Could be due to them fitting me properly and being easier to swing but whatever it is I'm happy with it. I'm hitting them a lot straighter the majority of the time as well.