PDA

View Full Version : New Golfer in Melbourne

Mumfy
3rd March 2022, 08:06 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just saying hi from Melbourne. Recently back from South Africa.

Thanks

3Puttpete
3rd March 2022, 10:16 PM
G’day Mumfy

WBennett
4th March 2022, 08:35 AM
G'day Mumfy - where in Melbourne do you play?

Mumfy
4th March 2022, 11:42 AM
G'day Mumfy - where in Melbourne do you play? Hey mate, haven’t played yet. My clubs are leaving South Africa this week but will take 4-6months to get here.But I am keen to get out so I’m trying to build up a new set. Pref Titleist. I’m in Docklands.

Bruce
5th March 2022, 10:34 AM
From Docklands almost everywhere is a bit of a hike except Albert Park or Royal Park.

Are you looking to join somewhere or just go green fees? Melbourne has a lot of really good pay to play courses, but they are mostly on either the Mornington or Bellarine Peninsula, but Sandringham is the one I would recommend to start out.

AndyP
5th March 2022, 03:26 PM
Welcome, Mumfy. You've moved to the city with the best collection of Australian golf courses.

Bruce, I saw last weekend during the women's novelty event that they are calling it Sandy Links now.

LeftyHoges
7th March 2022, 10:11 AM
Welcome, Mumfy. You've moved to the city with the best collection of Australian golf courses.

Bruce, I saw last weekend during the women's novelty event that they are calling it Sandy Links now.

If that's the case, I've shot under par at yet another links course.

Curses.

Bruce
8th March 2022, 07:39 PM
If that's the case, I've shot under par at yet another links course.

Curses.

It has had extensive renovations done in the last couple of years so the course record had been reset.

LeftyHoges
9th March 2022, 01:27 PM
It has had extensive renovations done in the last couple of years so the course record had been reset.

You mean my -1 from almost 20 years ago isn't holding it any more?

Booooooourns.

benno_r
9th March 2022, 01:57 PM
You mean my -1 from almost 20 years ago isn't holding it any more?

Booooooourns.So we heading down to reclaim it?

AndyP
9th March 2022, 02:19 PM
So we heading down to reclaim it?
Right handed?

Mumfy
10th March 2022, 04:17 PM
From Docklands almost everywhere is a bit of a hike except Albert Park or Royal Park.Are you looking to join somewhere or just go green fees? Melbourne has a lot of really good pay to play courses, but they are mostly on either the Mornington or Bellarine Peninsula, but Sandringham is the one I would recommend to start out. Just going green fees at the moment. Thanks for the recommendations. Now just to get some clubs.

Mumfy
10th March 2022, 04:18 PM
Welcome, Mumfy. You've moved to the city with the best collection of Australian golf courses. Bruce, I saw last weekend during the women's novelty event that they are calling it Sandy Links now. Thanks AndyP, hoping to get out soon to some of them