PDA

View Full Version : Golfspace in Sydney

sfdoddsy
10th February 2022, 12:21 AM
Anyone tried out Golfspace yet?

They seem more user friendly than Precision Golf's subscription model, and much cheaper than Pureform if you don't want a fitting.

I quite like the Toptracer bays at Golf Paradise, but it is quite a trek and I question their accuracy.

Captain Nemo
10th February 2022, 12:50 PM
Yep.
I posted on another thread.

Captain Nemo
3rd June 2022, 05:04 PM
https://youtu.be/dcNA6bg0ukE

:) (https://youtu.be/dcNA6bg0ukE)

virge666
7th June 2022, 08:59 AM
I dont get chipping and putting on simulators... how does it work at these places ?

markTHEblake
7th June 2022, 12:56 PM
Trackman works well for chipping.... but gee its hard to visualise chipping distance. A 5m chip should be easy right? Yeah i go 10m past everytime.

I havent seen any putting yet but am told it works too
But everyone turns on autoputting to make gameplay faster.

sfdoddsy
16th February 2023, 12:12 AM
Since starting this thread I've used Golfspace a lot.

I wish they had outdoors on grass, but using Trackman to check numbers is way more useful than blindly whacking range balls.

Given the cost of the equipment they have and the price they charge ($40 an hour) I've always wondered how they make money.

Recent scuttlebutt tells me that they aren't and may be in trouble.

This would be a real shame, IMHO.

So if you are curious give them a try.

markTHEblake
16th February 2023, 12:26 AM
Given the cost of the equipment they have and the price they charge ($40 an hour) I've always wondered how they make money.
true - and that seems to be about the going rate for all these establishments.

but they only have to amortize the capital expense over several years, that may not be as bad as it seems.

Captain Nemo
16th February 2023, 05:43 PM
Since starting this thread I've used Golfspace a lot.

I wish they had outdoors on grass, but using Trackman to check numbers is way more useful than blindly whacking range balls.

Recent scuttlebutt tells me that they aren't and may be in trouble.

This would be a real shame, IMHO.

So if you are curious give them a try.

Theyll be ok, don’t worry about that….