PDA

View Full Version : Misheard song lyrics

BrisWesty
4th October 2006, 10:35 PM
Just a funny blog, made me laugh.

http://blogs.theage.com.au/thedailytruth/archives/2006/10/before_alex_the.html

Ducky
5th October 2006, 03:40 AM
The best one I have ever heard is from 'Toto - Africa'. Instead of "I bless the rains down in Africa." it was made to be "I ate some brains down in Africa."

:lol:

PeteyD
5th October 2006, 08:24 AM
hehe. I think mondogreen is the term! There are some clangers around if you google it.

Grunt
5th October 2006, 08:27 AM
Didn't Love Shack by the B52's have everyone trying to work out what she sang in the song. I think it was "Tin Roof Rusty" there were heaps of other interpretations of it.

BrisWesty
6th October 2006, 06:23 PM
Here's a few mondegreens I laughed at.

The girl with colitis goes by - Lucy in the sky with Diamonds

Alex the seal - Our lips are sealed

I believe in milkos! - You Sexy thing

"There's a Bathroom on the right...." Bad Moon on the Rise

"Hold me closer Tony Danza" - Tiny Dancer

"...hello Louie, there's a hair in my martini, hello Louie, there's a hair in my martini" - Horror Movie

"..aussie bear, aussie bear, aussie bear!" - I See Red'

"Take your pants down, and make it happen" - Flashdance

"Give me the Beach Boys to soothe my soul....." - Drift Away

Who ya gonna call? Those bastards! - Ghostbusters

"she has better days than nights" - Bette Davis eyes"

"cheap wine and a three-legged goat" - Cheap Wine

"I'm gonna dress you up in Milo" - Gonna dress you up in my love

'His name is Leo and he dances with a man' - Rio (especially funny as my boss' name is Leo)

"A little pity, about Jack and Diane..." Jack & Diane

McCoy
6th October 2006, 09:33 PM
As a kid I always thought the chanting bit in Michael Jackson's "Wanna be starting something" song went
Mama said someone stole my moccasins

Some of that blog was bloody funny, next time I'm singing the anthem there might be a few words changed. Honestly how many more people could have posted the "3 legged/headed goat" from Cheap Wine. It lost impact after the first 20 people posted it.

Iain
6th October 2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/index.shtml

Very good :D

coalesce
18th August 2014, 12:36 PM
"cheap wine and a three-legged goat" - Cheap Wine

This is stuck in my head. ARGH!

BrisWesty
18th August 2014, 07:49 PM
Gee, this got dredged out of the archives!

Lagerlover
18th August 2014, 08:00 PM
Why can't I get just one duck...

coalesce
18th August 2014, 08:34 PM
Gee, this got dredged out of the archives!

Nothing wrong with a bit of thread mining :)

Why can't I get just one duck...

I had to google that one for a while before I found it. Amazing how many people actually wonder if it is cruel to have just one duck as a pet

thecollective
18th August 2014, 08:37 PM
'whooop fat asssss' (whoop there it is)

'she's so f***ing up' (games without frontiers - Peter Gabriel)

Buzz
18th August 2014, 08:43 PM
This is stuck in my head. ARGH!

On the Cold Chisel theme it always used to piss me off how many people thought the line was "the last train out of Sydney's almost gone" when the next line is "seven flying hours and I'll be landing in Hong Kong".

jimandr
18th August 2014, 10:08 PM
'whooop fat asssss' (whoop there it is)

'she's so f***ing up' (games without frontiers - Peter Gabriel)

For years and years I tried to decipher the first lines of that song. Then I found out it was in French, so I didn't feel so bad.

This post also draws attention to my favourite variety of mondegreen, the words that sound like swear words, but actually are not.

Peter Gabriel is an offender, in his song Big Time, where he sings that he prays to a big god, but makes that last word sound like the c word.

I didn't mishear this one, but my mate always thought the line I've been fobbed off etc in Handle With Care by the Travelling Wilburys was actually a different f word.

My other one is What Happened To Us by Jessica Mauboy. I always hear the line as "and it's so effing true" just before the chorus.

Scifisicko
19th August 2014, 12:52 PM
i remember my 13 year old sister singing
"pipe in the vase-line" for life in the fast lane

SirTop
20th August 2014, 06:45 AM
My 4 yo daughter walks around the house all day singing "all sickolay, all sickolay"

Bionce all single ladies, all single ladies

It's quite cool to hear

gameboy
20th August 2014, 08:58 AM
my five year old son used to sing+dance PSY's song "Mother Father Gentleman" to his mum, including the lyirics "Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you wet"

Timbo
20th August 2014, 05:28 PM
When my three boys were young we watched the Rocky movies together and they thought "Eye of the Tiger" was "I ate the Bible".

I told them it was Eye of the Tiger, but a week later I heard them singing "I ate the Bible (it tasted like Jesus)"????