PDA

View Full Version : 2022 SA Champs Warm Up Round - Blackwood GC, Friday 25th March, 12PM Tee Off

thecollective
22nd January 2022, 03:36 PM
Thread for the warmup round @ Blackwood GC

Friday 25th March 12noon tee off

Green Fee is $60 - you can pay the pro shop on the day

Open format, up to you if you wish to join the competition, extra fee payable

Dinner will be at Miss Perez Kitchen & Bar (https://www.missperezkitchenandbar.com/) in Stirling, 5PM Booking, 241 burger night (no fat jokes pls).

Like RA, Blackwood has a mandatory vaccine policy, please present the green digital certificate on arrival.

For our interstate visitors; this is a picturesque club located the Adelaide Hills. The best Tier 2 club in SA in terms of design, conditioning and the overall playing experience.

Website: www.blackwoodgolf.com.au (https://www.blackwoodgolf.com.au/)

1. TC D
2. BYU D
3. Hatch
4. PeteyD D Reciprocal 50% green fee confirmed (show GL card at pro shop)

BobsYourUncle
22nd January 2022, 03:37 PM
Green fee has gone up? In, including dinner.

thecollective
22nd January 2022, 03:44 PM
Green fee has gone up? In, including dinner.

Correct, sadly I have run out of vouchers & I doubt they will ever offer them again.

Hatchman
23rd January 2022, 05:34 PM
I’m in for Blackwood
I’m in for dinner too.

PeteyD
23rd January 2022, 06:36 PM
In for the golf maybe on the dinner, I have to check in etc unless I can get an early check in.

PeteyD
23rd January 2022, 06:39 PM
I am reciprocal, half price apparently if I get the letter of intro etc ...

thecollective
23rd January 2022, 07:55 PM
I am reciprocal, half price apparently if I get the letter of intro etc ...

No problem, present the letter at pro shop, being a 50 points green fee I doubt you would need to do anymore than that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PeteyD
24th January 2022, 07:58 AM
Depends on how keen I am to do all that for $30 ....

thecollective
24th January 2022, 09:35 AM
Depends on how keen I am to do all that for $30 ....

I know at Murray Downs (all the recips being 50 points, and tonnes of them!) they don't give a sh!te, Golflink card is enough.

PeteyD
24th January 2022, 10:15 AM
I might just ask on the day and see what they say.

Hatchman
9th March 2022, 08:22 AM
It's only the 4 of us for this game?
Just putting it out there I'd like to hit off as close to 1pm or earlier if possible as I have to pick up my daughter from the Ex's place after the game later than my usual pick up time. I'm already going to have to negotiate a later pick up as it is and not sure how receptive that request will be? I'll have to head off as soon as the round has finished as it is and may have to leave the game early if the round is slow.

PeteyD
9th March 2022, 08:27 AM
I come in on QF661 landing at 9:25. Need to get baggage and rental car and then however long it takes to drive there. I'd think 1 pm is fine for me.

BobsYourUncle
9th March 2022, 10:04 AM
I'm happy to go earlier if we can and if that helps.

thecollective
9th March 2022, 01:44 PM
Im not allowed to book the round until a week out. I have been speaking with a lady (new in the proshop I assume as I have always dealt with Matty Dent) and she seems uber strict.

I will aim for 12 noon. Hatch I assume you're not in for dinner now. Might also be a tad early so I will check.

Hatchman
10th March 2022, 08:31 AM
No dinner after Blackwood now.
Mount Compass game I’m still in for dinner.

thecollective
15th March 2022, 10:15 AM
IF...

I could wrangle up a tier 1 course game (instead of Blackwood) at a members guest rate, would you be interested in a venue change for this game?

No promises, but will know more in a few days time.

Potential course is Grange, not sure which of the two courses would be available

Tee time priority is really for RA members but will see if I can squeeze 3 guests on as well. See how I go

PeteyD
15th March 2022, 11:46 AM
Happy wherever but this sounds great.

BobsYourUncle
15th March 2022, 11:46 AM
I'd be up for that

thecollective
15th March 2022, 12:10 PM
Got a call back, they're enforcing a 'members only' policy due to limited tee times.

BobsYourUncle
15th March 2022, 01:16 PM
Oh well, nothing wrong with Blackwood. Thanks TC.

thecollective
16th March 2022, 03:51 PM
Dinner booking for 5PM, Double down burger night, two for the price of 1, score!

Thank you for your reservation at Miss Perez kitchen and bar. We are delighted to confirm your booking as follows:
Score two-for-one burgers with Double Down Friday at Miss Perez Kitchen & Bar!

With the current restrictions in mind, we hate to leave people heart broken missing out on our famously delicious burgers, so all sittings are for a maximum of a 90 minute duration to allow room for everyone to score two-for-one burgers!
All bookings will be held for 15 minutes after your reservation time, if you're running late please call us.
Any group of 8 or more is required to pay a deposit of $10p/person upon booking. Failure to cancel or advise of changes in numbers within 24 hours of your booking will result in a fee of $10 p/head
Please ensure to to wear your mask, check in upon arrival and abide COVID guidelines.
if you're not feeling well please stay home & rest

thecollective
18th March 2022, 08:13 AM
Round is booked for 12pm

PeteyD: show your GL card to the proshop and you will receive 50% off your green fee. That was confirmed as enough so no letter required.

Dinner booked for 5PM, about a 10 minute drive to Stirling.

PeteyD
18th March 2022, 08:58 AM
Excellent. Hope I find some sort of golf game between now and then!

thecollective
18th March 2022, 04:19 PM
Excellent. Hope I find some sort of golf game between now and then!

I might go in the comp now that were off @ 12, but will see how I/we are feeling on the day

Hatchman
18th March 2022, 05:32 PM
I'll be up for comp now with the 12 tee time.

BobsYourUncle
18th March 2022, 05:37 PM
Yeah, count me in too.

I've changed my tune on this. I used to think there was no point, since I'd never go back if I actually won anything, but I've realised I enjoy the slightly increased competitiveness. And comp fees are so small in SA.

thecollective
18th March 2022, 05:46 PM
Yeah, count me in too.

I've changed my tune on this. I used to think there was no point, since I'd never go back if I actually won anything, but I've realised I enjoy the slightly increased competitiveness. And comp fees are so small in SA.

I can bring it up to QLD in July, as I will be there for an expo and planning to take a small amount of time off afterwards.

marcel
18th March 2022, 05:57 PM
I can bring it up to QLD in July, as I will be there for an expo and planning to take a small amount of time off afterwards.

You can take the $8 he won at RA last Sunday as well (actually he can collect at Champd)

BobsYourUncle
18th March 2022, 05:59 PM
You can take the $8 he won at RA last Sunday as well (actually he can collect at Champd)

Oh I didn't know that. Score!

PeteyD
24th March 2022, 11:29 AM
If anyone has a spare 3 or 4 wheel buggy I can borrow for the weekend I'd appreciate it a great deal (even for a day or two).

Hatchman
24th March 2022, 11:49 AM
If anyone has a spare 3 or 4 wheel buggy I can borrow for the weekend I'd appreciate it a great deal (even for a day or two).

Done, I'll chuck the original Smoothy in the car for you to use.

PeteyD
24th March 2022, 11:56 AM
Done, I'll chuck the original Smoothy in the car for you to use.

Awesome thank you!

BobsYourUncle
24th March 2022, 02:50 PM
So who's planning on eating 2 half-priced burgers? And who's planning on being sensible? :)

thecollective
24th March 2022, 04:35 PM
So who's planning on eating 2 half-priced burgers? And who's planning on being sensible? :)

couldn't be any worse than a kitchener before a round of golf

im gonna request a cut in half, take a doggy bag home for the kids or cat

PeteyD
24th March 2022, 07:16 PM
I'll have to go check in so will be heading back to the city.

Actually since it is close and early I might get a burger [emoji488] [emoji848]

thecollective
24th March 2022, 09:46 PM
I'll have to go check in so will be heading back to the city.

Actually since it is close and early I might get a burger [emoji488] [emoji848]

Will be a cheap meal if we go halvies

PeteyD
25th March 2022, 05:33 AM
Airports ... rather quiet this early but still a surprising number of peoples

PeteyD
25th March 2022, 10:23 AM
Hello Blackwwod. There appear to be many trees.

marcel
25th March 2022, 11:56 AM
Hello Blackwwod. There appear to be many trees.

Correct. More width on the back 9 however

Benje
25th March 2022, 06:33 PM
Correct. More width on the back 9 however

wouldn't be hard to be wider on the back 9!

thecollective
25th March 2022, 06:36 PM
Not as narrow as Glenelg