PDA

View Full Version : 2022 SA Ozgolf Champs Weekend, 26-27 March, 1PM start (both days)

thecollective
17th January 2022, 01:44 PM
Welcome to the official thread of the 2022 OzGolf S.A. Champs; Official Dates as follows:

Saturday 26th March - Mount Compass Golf Club, 1:00 & 1:08PM tee times

Sunday 27th March - Royal Adelaide, 1:05 & 1:14PM tee times

Some fun facts for you:

The format for both games will be individual Stableford
The S.A Oz Golf Championship will be over both days. Winner will be the highest combined Stableford. Prizes will also be awarded to daily winner and NTP's, *NOTE* Very small budget this year so balls will be older generation Pro V1's and very small winning purse.
Kitchener Cup - Hatchy will be organising this in a separate thread, due to low numbers not sure if this will get up
Cost for the 2 rounds as follows:
$70 for Mount Compass (Green Fees + and a small amount for prizes) & $120 for Royal Adelaide (Green Fees + and a small amount for prizes)

Saturday Nights Dinner is booked in at Mount Compass Golf Club at 5:30pm. Saturday dinner is NOT included in the costs listed above and table below. Please pay for your meal on the night.
I strongly recommend you do not enter the Mount Compass daily (golf) competition; by the time we finish the pro-shop will be closing and, last year, a number of scorecards did not get processed (despite the pro shop manager stating 'just leave them under the door'). If you're a GL score enthusiast you can enter at your own risk but please do not complain if your card does not get processed.

RA info in separate thread

Confirmed Attendees:

1. TC*D F
2. Hatchy D F
3. Benje* Will pay on day

4. DMG D F
5. BYU D F
6. PeteyD D F

*: RA Member, excluded from Sunday green fee
D (5): Saturday night dinner @ Mount Compass
F (4): Fully Paid

Benje
17th January 2022, 02:08 PM
Saturday and Sunday for me, not dinner though.

Benje

Hatchman
17th January 2022, 02:58 PM
Both rounds and dinner for me.

thecollective
17th January 2022, 03:15 PM
Both rounds and dinner for me.

Locked in, moving forward I think we should have a mandate on both rounds.

LeftyHoges
17th January 2022, 03:28 PM
After an accumulation of incidents from previous years (mainly from interstate visitors) and being that I am now a member; can I please implement some 'no dummy spit' policies for the RA round as follows:

Please do not constantly whine about your crap score, or whinge about anything to do with the course not meeting your expectations (namely; greens not holding iron shots). Posting this info later on the forum is fine just don't put a downer on what is a great afternoon shared by the company of many friends who paid good money to play the course.
Please do not threaten to and/or break your golf clubs. If I hear of anybody deliberately breaking clubs I will find you and ask that you please leave the golf course, effective immediately
Please refrain from swearing on the verandah, and keep it to a minimum on the course. We simply don't want any complaints raised by other members.

LOL, **** that noise.

Guess I'm out.

Sounds like fun... :roll:

3Puttpete
17th January 2022, 03:33 PM
WTF has been going on down there?

thecollective
17th January 2022, 03:38 PM
WTF has been going on down there?

I assume you’re referring to the dummy spit stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3Puttpete
17th January 2022, 03:52 PM
I assume you’re referring to the dummy spit stuff?

I assume there’s been all sorts of carry on for you to go all “We’re going to a church at Easter and you bloody kids had better behave this time” angry mum style.

AndyP
17th January 2022, 04:26 PM
Can you have additional dummy spits at Compass to offset those that you can't have at RA?

thecollective
17th January 2022, 04:33 PM
I assume there’s been all sorts of carry on for you to go all “We’re going to a church at Easter and you bloody kids had better behave this time” angry mum style.

It's preventative maintenance more than anything. If I am upfront and clear about expectations then everybody has an awareness and avoids the pitfalls.

The worst thing that could happen is we get a complaint from a member (outside of ozgolf) and then it falls back on the members that introduced those guests to the club.

I have zero problem with anybody who has an issue with what I have posted, perhaps this event is not really for you, your opinion is noted, now jog on.

3Puttpete
17th January 2022, 04:40 PM
It's preventative maintenance more than anything. If I am upfront and clear about expectations then everybody has an awareness and avoids the pitfalls.

The worst thing that could happen is we get a complaint from a member (outside of ozgolf) and then it falls back on the members that introduced those guests to the club.

I have zero problem with anybody who has an issue with what I have posted, perhaps this event is not really for you, your opinion is noted, now jog on.

Jebus. I thought it was over the top as a response to things which may have happened but if this is merely a shot across the bow of anyone thinking about coming, that’s taken things up a notch.

thecollective
17th January 2022, 04:42 PM
Can you have additional dummy spits at Compass to offset those that you can't have at RA?

At your own risk, will be up to MC to police if necessary.

thecollective
17th January 2022, 04:44 PM
Jebus. I thought it was over the top as a response to things which may have happened but if this is merely a shot across the bow of anyone thinking about coming, that’s taken things up a notch.

I don't think so, your opinion is noted

backintheswing
17th January 2022, 04:52 PM
I've seen Jim get cranky, but didn't know he broke clubs

3Puttpete
17th January 2022, 04:56 PM

He’s a member at Ballina. He probably thinks that sort of behaviour is ok.

thecollective
17th January 2022, 04:59 PM

Jim has been fine on every occasion, and mainly kept his complaints of the course to online, so all good

3Puttpete
17th January 2022, 05:00 PM
Jim has been fine on every occasion, and mainly kept his complaints of the course to online, so all good

Oooh , who was it then? Peppas?

thecollective
17th January 2022, 05:02 PM
Oooh , who was it then? Peppas?

'Events of the past, shape the future. That is how we grow and develop as humans'

3Puttpete
17th January 2022, 05:05 PM
'Events of the past, shape the future. That is how we grow and develop as humans'

You can probably delete this thread and take it WhatsApp.

Any non-locals who may have considered travelling to this or future weekends are almost certainly crossing it off the list now.

thecollective
17th January 2022, 05:05 PM
loving the attention guys, keep it coming. This forum has been boring for quite sometime. Glad to be the catalyst that brought it to life again

LeftyHoges
17th January 2022, 05:17 PM
You can probably delete this thread and take it WhatsApp.

Any non-locals who may have considered travelling to this or future weekends are almost certainly crossing it off the list now.

Nah, it should stay here and be pinned so that future generations can see how ridiculous it is, for eternity.

But yes, crossed off my list for sure.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

LeftyHoges
17th January 2022, 05:21 PM
'Events of the past, shape the future. That is how we grow and develop as humans'If this is something that has happened in the past it should have been brought up with said person / people, not slandered basically the rest of the country and killed off any chance of growing as an OZgolf event.

Guess that's fine, EVERYONE* is welcome at the VIC Champs.

*not Ned.

thecollective
17th January 2022, 05:23 PM
Ok, I have edited the OP & removed the section. I thought it was worded respectfully, but has been interpreted in the wrong tone.

DMG
17th January 2022, 05:29 PM
In for both days and dinner (hopefully!).

jimandr
17th January 2022, 05:30 PM

I don't think I got cranky when I played with you. Although it rained cats and dogs for a while at Noosa Springs, so you may have mistaken the water on my face for tears after I shanked one into the water on the fifth. And I've never broken a club. My putter seems to be broken a lot though.

I can't imagine anyone being upset and lodge any complaints about Royal Adelaide. it was fantastic last year. Players should hope there is a big amateur tournament scheduled for the days directly after our event, like there was in 21.

I'd love to be attending, but regretfully, I won't be. EDIT: So it appears I'll have to change my signature in just over two months time.

backintheswing
17th January 2022, 05:33 PM
I don't think I got cranky when I played with you. Although it rained cats and dogs for a while at Noosa Springs, so you may have mistaken the water on my face for tears after I shanked one into the water on the fifth. And I've never broken a club. My putter seems to be broken a lot though.

I can't imagine anyone being upset and lodge any complaints about Royal Adelaide. it was fantastic last year. Players should hope there is a big amateur tournament scheduled for the days directly after our event, like there was in 21.

I'd love to be attending, but regretfully, I won't be.I was taking the piss Jim

BUSHY
17th January 2022, 06:28 PM
Ok, I have edited the OP & removed the section. I thought it was worded respectfully, but has been interpreted in the wrong tone.

Could’ve just said “please don’t carry on like a d!ck head as a guest” during the morning brief and left it as that.

Have a good event though

markTHEblake
17th January 2022, 07:20 PM
its ok, I wasnt offended. It was the first ozgolf champs (2005?) but i would have thought nobody is remembering that.

BobsYourUncle
17th January 2022, 07:25 PM
In for both, and dinner.

Webster
17th January 2022, 07:28 PM
I thought it was worded respectfully, but has been interpreted in the wrong tone.

It was. And those making the most noise were never going anyway, so may be politely ignored. You could have also added no intoxicated sleeping on the hotel tiles, no tea-bagging and no wearing red (g-banger) thongs.

I may be a chance for this, I will know in a few weeks time if that is not too late?

markTHEblake
17th January 2022, 07:45 PM
You could have also added no intoxicated sleeping on the hotel tiles, no tea-bagging and no wearing red (g-banger) thongs.
He didnt know you are going when he wrote it.

thecollective
17th January 2022, 07:58 PM
It was. And those making the most noise were never going anyway, so may be politely ignored. You could have also added no intoxicated sleeping on the hotel tiles, no tea-bagging and no wearing red (g-banger) thongs.

I may be a chance for this, I will know in a few weeks time if that is not too late?

Would be great to have you mate, let me know if you need any help finding a place to stay

thecollective
17th January 2022, 08:26 PM
Could’ve just said “please don’t carry on like a d!ck head as a guest” during the morning brief and left it as that.

Have a good event though

Thanks Bushy, appreciate the feedback, your welcome anytime

PeteyD
18th January 2022, 09:59 AM
Heavy pencil for the lot in a bucket. Anything happening on the Friday or Monday?

AndyP
18th January 2022, 10:04 AM
I'm considering, but I think it would kill me to be in the Adelaide area on that weekend but not at the Hawthorn game against Port on the Saturday night.

BobsYourUncle
18th January 2022, 10:47 AM
Heavy pencil for the lot in a bucket. Anything happening on the Friday or Monday? We usually do a round at Blackwood on the Friday, I imagine that will probably happen again. Not an official champs round though, usually gets its own thread.

BobsYourUncle
18th January 2022, 11:07 AM
Unless BVB21 can get us on at Glenelg?

markTHEblake
18th January 2022, 11:29 AM
Flights from BNE land at 9.30am on Friday so an after lunch game is workable.

There is also late evening flights from ADL ~8pm so that works nicely as well.

This could be a go but the white socks rule is a worry. Thats gonna look silly with my hipster ankle pants and black shoes

PeteyD
18th January 2022, 12:19 PM
We usually do a round at Blackwood on the Friday, I imagine that will probably happen again. Not an official champs round though, usually gets its own thread.

Heavy pencil for that too. Might come down late Thursday or early friday. Probably home on Monday. Might need some help with somewhere to stay (as in where is good etc).

Hatchman
18th January 2022, 04:30 PM
Blackwood is in fantastic condition at that time of year so always a worthy Champs weekend venue.

thecollective
18th January 2022, 04:37 PM
Unless BVB21 can get us on at Glenelg?

Has been privately considered, but early days, stay tuned.

thecollective
18th January 2022, 04:40 PM
Flights from BNE land at 9.30am on Friday so an after lunch game is workable.

There is also late evening flights from ADL ~8pm so that works nicely as well.

This could be a go but the white socks rule is a worry. Thats gonna look silly with my hipster ankle pants and black shoes

As they say on Project Runway ‘make it work’

thecollective
18th January 2022, 04:42 PM
Heavy pencil for that too. Might come down late Thursday or early friday. Probably home on Monday. Might need some help with somewhere to stay (as in where is good etc).

Pete; we will more than likely host a Friday late afternoon game. Separate thread will appear in due course

thecollective
18th January 2022, 05:07 PM
Blackwood is in fantastic condition at that time of year so always a worthy Champs weekend venue.

It would be nice to mix it up this year and play Glenelg; close to the airport as well for the interstaters. I will investigate with BVB and come back to everyone

thecollective
18th January 2022, 05:34 PM
Might need some help with somewhere to stay (as in where is good etc).

Depends on your budget. Glenelg would be my recommendation. Beautiful beachtown and not too far from Mount Compass and RA

Sydney Hacker
18th January 2022, 06:01 PM
Unrelated question for the fine STH Australians, I have a mate from here about to move down there. What sort of joining fee is he looking at for say RA, Grange or Kooyonga? And any idea of the waiting list?

He is used to Sydney annual fees so that won’t be a problem but I assume you guys are all full now and joining fees etc will apply?

BVB21
18th January 2022, 06:34 PM
Unrelated question for the fine STH Australians, I have a mate from here about to move down there. What sort of joining fee is he looking at for say RA, Grange or Kooyonga? And any idea of the waiting list?He is used to Sydney annual fees so that won’t be a problem but I assume you guys are all full now and joining fees etc will apply? When I called Kooyonga it was $13k for 7 day, $10k for 6 day. Royal is around $9k from memory. Glenelg is $8k and Grange might be slightly less. Annuals are around the $4-5k for most courses. Everywhere is full but Glenelg and Grange are prob would be less then a year wait. Kooyonga and RA prob are longer.

thecollective
18th January 2022, 06:37 PM
Unrelated question for the fine STH Australians, I have a mate from here about to move down there. What sort of joining fee is he looking at for say RA, Grange or Kooyonga? And any idea of the waiting list?

He is used to Sydney annual fees so that won’t be a problem but I assume you guys are all full now and joining fees etc will apply?

SH: RA, Joining Fee is $7040 for Category 2, waitlist around 2 years, Cat 1 is a 5 year wait (approx.) Joining Fee; just shy of 9k.

Glenelg similar fees as above, slightly cheaper, not sure on waitlist

Grange entrance fee: $7k

Not sure on Kooey, might need to ask Chilled for info. I heard about a huge entrance fee (north of 10k) but was second hand info. Not sure if they're accepting new members at this time either (as the course is very busy by all accounts)

RA, Glenelg & Kooey all require at least a Proposer and Seconder member referral. I believe Grange is the only one that will let you in without members.

Sydney Hacker
18th January 2022, 08:18 PM
Thanks Guys, I shall pass the info on

JoeS
18th January 2022, 08:50 PM
I might be a maybe for this.
What other golfing option s are there besides RA and MC?Anywhere for a hit on Saturday morning with a few bevvies over lunch?Maybe a hit on Sunday morning as well, with a few warm up ales?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

marcel
18th January 2022, 08:59 PM

Is he a member somewhere at the moment?

thecollective
18th January 2022, 09:23 PM
I might be a maybe for this.
What other golfing option s are there besides RA and MC?Anywhere for a hit on Saturday morning with a few bevvies over lunch?Maybe a hit on Sunday morning as well, with a few warm up ales?

Hey Joe, with that in mind I recommend Links Lady Bay Saturday (not that far from Compass) and perhaps the pat (Ocean Shores) Sunday morning.

I’m sure some of the crew could join you, I (sadly) cannot play 36 in a day anymore

Hatchman
18th January 2022, 09:36 PM
I wont be able to do 36 in a day either. My Golf fitness is way off the mark these days only playing a handful of games a year.
That and I have custody of my daughter that weekend.

BobsYourUncle
18th January 2022, 10:02 PM
Maybe lady bay in a cart...

JoeS
18th January 2022, 11:13 PM
Lady bay looks ok, can't find shit for ocean shores except for somewhere in northern nsw
Is RA that much better than LLB for the coin?

thecollective
18th January 2022, 11:31 PM
Lady bay looks ok, can't find shit for ocean shores except for somewhere in northern nsw

Polarizing difference.

PeteyD
19th January 2022, 12:26 PM
OK nearly at the book flights stage, arriving 9:15 on the friday and flying back the Monday. Will look at accomodation in Glenelg.

thecollective
19th January 2022, 01:53 PM
OK nearly at the book flights stage, arriving 9:15 on the friday and flying back the Monday. Will look at accomodation in Glenelg.

Oaks Plaza Pier my recommendation

PeteyD
19th January 2022, 02:55 PM
I might be a bit cheap for that ;)

Flights and car booked. Put me in Pen. Arrive Friday am leaving Monday am.

thecollective
19th January 2022, 03:34 PM
I might be a bit cheap for that ;)

Flights and car booked. Put me in Pen. Arrive Friday am leaving Monday am.

Links Hotel for a cheap thril, walking distance to RA.

https://www.linkstaverner.com.au/accommodation

Former home of Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne while they were at the youth cricket academy run by Rod Marsh

Webster
19th January 2022, 03:40 PM
I’m out of this unfortunately, dates clash with club championships.

thecollective
19th January 2022, 03:50 PM
can't find shit for ocean shores except for somewhere in northern nsw

Apologies, they have rebranded it, again

https://www.westbeachparksgolf.com.au/play

thecollective
19th January 2022, 03:57 PM
I’m out of this unfortunately, dates clash with club championships.

https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=55055&stc=1

JoeS
19th January 2022, 04:14 PM
Apologies, they have rebranded it, again

https://www.westbeachparksgolf.com.au/playCheers

LeftyHoges
20th January 2022, 01:23 PM
Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkSkip the golf at Lady Bay and just sit in the clubhouse downing Golden Stout Times.

You won't regret it.

JoeS
20th January 2022, 03:41 PM
Skip the golf at Lady Bay and just sit in the clubhouse downing Golden Stout Times.

You won't regret it.

Sent from my CPH2005 using TapatalkAre SA courses down there with QLD courses

LeftyHoges
20th January 2022, 03:42 PM
Are SA courses down there with QLD courses

Sent from my SM-G960F using TapatalkHa ha, you'd think that, but it's actually not too bad a track.

The beer is just exceptionally ****ing good.

JoeS
20th January 2022, 03:44 PM
Ha ha, you'd think that, but it's actually not too bad a track.

The beer is just exceptionally ****ing good.

Sent from my CPH2005 using TapatalkGotcha.Cart and beer golf track

thecollective
20th January 2022, 05:10 PM
Gotcha.Cart and beer golf track

The back nine is way more undulating than the front, if you arrive late in the arvo to play you can pay for 9 and sneak in 10,17&18, 17 is close by to the 10 green, just a short walk up to the tee box. To be honest that's really the best 3 holes of the back 9, the rest you can miss and not be in any sort of FOMO.

That's what I did with the ozgolfers a few years back as they were feeling tired from flights and/or 18 holes from the morning. Worked a treat

LeftyHoges
20th January 2022, 05:43 PM
The back nine is way more undulating than the front, if you arrive late in the arvo to play you can pay for 9 and sneak in 10,17&18, 17 is close by to the 10 green, just a short walk up to the tee box. To be honest that's really the best 3 holes of the back 9, the rest you can miss and not be in any sort of FOMO.

That's what I did with the ozgolfers a few years back as they were feeling tired from flights and/or 18 holes from the morning. Worked a treatI know it's different strokes for different folks, but 10 and 18 are in the best holes? Yikes.

marcel
20th January 2022, 07:38 PM
....... but 10 and 18 are in the best holes? Yikes.

Of the back 9, yes. There's some truly awful stuff back there

thecollective
20th January 2022, 08:13 PM
Actually you could squeeze #13 in as well, go there from #10 then 17,18.

14-16 are very ordinary, 11 has a really odd tee shot and 12 should go back to the fence and be a Par 5

BobsYourUncle
20th January 2022, 08:18 PM
10th is good, I don't really like 11, but I don't mind 14 and 16. Front 9 is better though, I agree.

JoeS
20th January 2022, 08:54 PM
Of the back 9, yes. There's some truly awful stuff back thereBack to Leftys idea, beers on the deck by the sounds of it.

BUSHY
20th January 2022, 10:11 PM
Skip the golf at Lady Bay and just sit in the clubhouse downing Golden Stout Times.You won't regret it. Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk Oh yes oh yes oh yes!!!!!!

PeteyD
21st January 2022, 08:53 AM
Links Hotel for a cheap thril, walking distance to RA.

https://www.linkstaverner.com.au/accommodation

Former home of Ricky Ponting and Shane Warne while they were at the youth cricket academy run by Rod Marsh

Would be far from the worst place I have stayed on a golf trip ;)

Got a swanky place in the city pretty cheap through Qantas so happy with that.

thecollective
21st January 2022, 11:47 AM
Would be far from the worst place I have stayed on a golf trip ;)

Got a swanky place in the city pretty cheap through Qantas so happy with that.

If you’re in the city I should be able to assist with a lift to MC on the Saturday

We normally put up a thread for transport but will see how the numbers fare first

PeteyD
21st January 2022, 12:30 PM
I'll have a car, but a lift would be appreciated given we having dinner there.

thecollective
21st January 2022, 01:11 PM
I'll have a car, but a lift would be appreciated given we having dinner there.

I can drop you back as well, I can’t drink much anymore so will be driving

PeteyD
21st January 2022, 04:28 PM
Sounds great!

thecollective
22nd January 2022, 02:13 PM
*update* Glenelg not available for the Friday game, will be replaced by Blackwood plus I will setup a dinner at a local in Stirling that I highly recommend

thecollective
26th January 2022, 06:38 PM
Unless entries increase dramatically in the next week or so I will cut the entry field down to 12, this will result in a reduction of fee for the RA game, I will confirm in the coming weeks

thecollective
14th February 2022, 05:29 PM
*Update* deposit information now in OP

Please make $100 deposit by 1st March, if you require more time, it's ok just PM me so I know

Call to arms: HP, Nadg, Flavzz, BVB? please try your best to attend and support our yearly event.

PeteyD
14th February 2022, 08:39 PM
Done and in for dinner on Saturday.

Flavzz
15th February 2022, 03:02 PM
I'm having some swing issues atm which are rendering the game completely unenjoyable for me. If I can sort these out in the next few weeks I'll join but that's very unlikely at this stage :(

nadg63
15th February 2022, 03:17 PM
*Update* deposit information now in OP

Please make $100 deposit by 1st March, if you require more time, it's ok just PM me so I know

Call to arms: HP, Nadg, Flavzz, BVB? please try your best to attend and support our yearly event.

Not touched a golf club since The Xmas Mug round - even tho I'm a member at TPGC I'm still not playing!

If, and that is a big 'IF' I play at all it will only be the MCGC round - but not overly enthused TBH.

thecollective
15th February 2022, 04:28 PM
but not overly enthused TBH.

Sad to hear, you played so well at the skins game

DMG
16th February 2022, 08:56 PM
I'm down to one car for the family after a recent sale... so it's now in question for me too unless I can get a lift to and from, likely both days. Will try and sort something before March 1st.

thecollective
16th February 2022, 10:48 PM
I'm down to one car for the family after a recent sale... so it's now in question for me too unless I can get a lift to and from, likely both days. Will try and sort something before March 1st.

I can help if needed, enough room for yourself and PeteyD

PeteyD
17th February 2022, 09:31 AM
I have a car, staying in the city. Was planning on using TC as wheels for the Saturday so I can have a few beers with everyone at Mt Compass.

thecollective
17th February 2022, 12:03 PM
I have a car, staying in the city. Was planning on using TC as wheels for the Saturday so I can have a few beers with everyone at Mt Compass.

still fine for Saturday, I have a big car so can fit DMG in as well

DMG
17th February 2022, 07:06 PM
still fine for Saturday, I have a big car so can fit DMG in as well

Legend TC, appreciate it.

Hatchman
18th February 2022, 12:06 PM
I can pickup and drop DMG off.

DMG
18th February 2022, 04:32 PM
I can pickup and drop DMG off.

Thanks Hatchy!

Chilled
21st February 2022, 07:04 PM
When I called Kooyonga it was $13k for 7 day, $10k for 6 day. Royal is around $9k from memory. Glenelg is $8k and Grange might be slightly less. Annuals are around the $4-5k for most courses. Everywhere is full but Glenelg and Grange are prob would be less then a year wait. Kooyonga and RA prob are longer.You won't get much change from 15K for Kooyonga entrance fee.

https://www.kooyongagolf.com.au/cms/membership/categories-and-fee-structure/

5K annuals subs.

I understand currently Kooyonga isn't currently really fussed about taking on new members, we are actually trying to cut back on members for number of annual round and course quality considerations. Unconfirmed but I believe the waiting list is probably about 2 years I think.

thecollective
21st February 2022, 07:08 PM
You won't get much change from 15K for Kooyonga entrance fee.

https://www.kooyongagolf.com.au/cms/membership/categories-and-fee-structure/

5K annuals subs.

I understand currently Kooyonga isn't currently really fussed about taking on new members, we are actually trying to cut back on members for number of annual round and course quality considerations. Unconfirmed but I believe the waiting list is probably about 2 years I think.

What’s the timesheet like Chilled?

As in, how busy on weekends

Chilled
21st February 2022, 07:32 PM
What’s the timesheet like Chilled?

As in, how busy on weekends Very busy on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturdays are usually fully booked within minutes the week before when the timesheet opens. 200 competition spots (7 or 8 minutes apart), plus more slots after 3:30pm for social play. But cancellations always occur so you will pretty much always get a game. Sunday catches some of the overflow from Saturday so Sunday is quite busy these days also. But there's always slots available on Sundays so you will never miss out.

For info for anyone, the new 100Meter practice facilities around the corner of Sir Donald Bradman drive / May Terrace and parking facilities are slated to be finished in March.

thecollective
21st February 2022, 11:27 PM
Very busy on both Saturday and Sunday. Saturdays are usually fully booked within minutes the week before when the timesheet opens. 200 competition spots (7 or 8 minutes apart), plus more slots after 3:30pm for social play. But cancellations always occur so you will pretty much always get a game. Sunday catches some of the overflow from Saturday so Sunday is quite busy these days also. But there's always slots available on Sundays so you will never miss out.

For info for anyone, the new 100Meter practice facilities around the corner of Sir Donald Bradman drive / May Terrace and parking facilities are slated to be finished in March.

Sounds like my ‘other’ club Tea Tree Gully. They have frozen all new membership categories until further notice due to the congestion. Had to set an alarm every week to get your booking in for Saturday. Was booked out regularly in 30 mins

thecollective
1st March 2022, 11:59 AM
Just a friendly reminder regarding deposits, so far I have only had two payments. No rush or stress but as it stands champs weekend is a party of 3

Any dramas hit me up on PM

BobsYourUncle
1st March 2022, 01:11 PM
Paid

thecollective
1st March 2022, 01:14 PM
Paid

For that you get an F,

The only time you have ever seen that letter against your name in your lifetime, no doubt

PeteyD
1st March 2022, 02:44 PM
Balance is 90?

thecollective
1st March 2022, 03:05 PM
Balance is 90?

a very large portion, Yes

DMG
1st March 2022, 03:39 PM
Damn... the only hope I ever had (if you wanna call it that) was when there was only 3 of us! ;)

PeteyD
1st March 2022, 03:59 PM
I am just there for the sightseeing! Balance sent.

thecollective
1st March 2022, 05:17 PM
Damn... the only hope I ever had (if you wanna call it that) was when there was only 3 of us! ;)

Just blow your handicap out in the next few weeks like I have.

Might have to choose a lower handicap otherwise some may consider me a burglar

JoeS
1st March 2022, 08:18 PM
Sorry gents, I won't be attending. Workload is off the charts, making hay while the sun shines

thecollective
2nd March 2022, 10:33 AM
Sorry gents, I won't be attending. Workload is off the charts, making hay while the sun shines

All good Joe, in the future if you're ever in the SA region and looking for a round at RA send me a PM or email (same address as the PayID)

JoeS
5th March 2022, 10:16 PM
All good Joe, in the future if you're ever in the SA region and looking for a round at RA send me a PM or email (same address as the PayID)Cheers Owen

thecollective
6th March 2022, 02:00 PM
Entries for this event officially close tonight (as I will be confirming all bookings and numbers this week).

nadg63
8th March 2022, 06:59 PM
Will be interesting to read peoples thoughts on the new configuration at Mt C now that they have screwed around with holes 2 and 3 for housing ...... !?

thecollective
8th March 2022, 07:02 PM
Will be interesting to read peoples thoughts on the new configuration at Mt C now that they have screwed around with holes 2 and 3 for housing ...... !?

Has that actually happened as of yet? I was due for a game there on the weekend but now have to sit in a heated pool instead nursing my back injury

nadg63
8th March 2022, 08:06 PM
Has that actually happened as of yet? I was due for a game there on the weekend but now have to sit in a heated pool instead nursing my back injury

Was due to happen in March but not sure if it actually has!?

Hope your back improves quickly.

thecollective
8th March 2022, 09:01 PM
Was due to happen in March but not sure if it actually has!?

Hope your back improves quickly.

Just a sprained ligament in my iliolumbar; comes and goes. Permanent injury

Having an upright driver swing helps a lot. Won’t be winning any long drives at champs

BobsYourUncle
9th March 2022, 08:32 AM
I think someone I played with recently said they've already changed the 2nd into a par 4 :(

Hatchman
9th March 2022, 09:13 AM
I think someone I played with recently said they've already changed the 2nd into a par 4 :(

That's sad that this hole was on the redesign list. I think its the best Par 5 on the whole course.
I wouldn't be sad to see the 3rd get chopped up for something better.

BobsYourUncle
9th March 2022, 11:05 AM
That's sad that this hole was on the redesign list. I think its the best Par 5 on the whole course.
I wouldn't be sad to see the 3rd get chopped up for something better.

I agree. The 3rd's one of the worst holes, but the 2nd was one of the best.

thecollective
9th March 2022, 02:15 PM
They should put the 3rd tee right on the edge with a shot across the water. I assume that is what they will actually do as I cannot see any other alternative

thecollective
12th March 2022, 10:31 PM
Update: new green has already gone in at MC for hole #2. Now a Par 4. New tee box on 3 is forward right; tucked against the water. Looks like a much better tee shot. Now a drivable Par 4.

Took a couple of pics but had limited time and didn’t want to disrupt the golfers. Will upload on Monday as phone coverage is terrible

nadg63
18th March 2022, 12:33 PM
Update: new green has already gone in at MC for hole #2. Now a Par 4. New tee box on 3 is forward right; tucked against the water. Looks like a much better tee shot. Now a drivable Par 4.

Took a couple of pics but had limited time and didn’t want to disrupt the golfers. Will upload on Monday as phone coverage is terrible

Was going to check it out today as we were booked in to The Range for a birthday lunch ....... BUT they phone to cancel the booking as the kitchen is understaffed due to C19! The restaurant is closed all weekend but they are hoping to be open and serving again next Wednesday, 23rd.

PeteyD
18th March 2022, 03:10 PM
Damn dinner getting moved then :(

thecollective
18th March 2022, 05:16 PM
Damn dinner getting moved then :(

Im sure they will be fine for champs dinner.

If not there are plenty of alternate options. There is a nice new takeaway in Mount Compass (Jerico's) , down the hill a tonne of other options in Mclaren Vale, or 20 mins further up the road you have Victor but that might be a tad too far for some.

Peppas
18th March 2022, 05:18 PM
Just get a Kitchener pre round from the bakery

thecollective
18th March 2022, 05:21 PM

guaranteed stomach cramps by hole 4 for me. Especially if its fresh cream

nadg63
18th March 2022, 06:42 PM

Very over-rated :lol:

PeteyD
18th March 2022, 07:56 PM
Sounds good! Not sure about a kitchener...

Just realised I'll be there this time next week, looking forward to it!

Hatchman
22nd March 2022, 01:08 PM
Sounds good! Not sure about a kitchener...

Just realised I'll be there this time next week, looking forward to it!

One not enough?

PeteyD
22nd March 2022, 02:10 PM
Dunno, never had one. Risky trying new food prior to golf.

thecollective
22nd March 2022, 02:47 PM
Dunno, never had one. Risky trying new food prior to golf.

really bad idea

BobsYourUncle
23rd March 2022, 09:48 PM
Weather forecast looking pretty good...

thecollective
23rd March 2022, 10:21 PM
Yeah really looking forward to it. MC is always super nice in good weather. Last time it was bloody awful

PeteyD
24th March 2022, 05:54 AM
Yep. Looks perfect for golf. Mildly excited now, think work might be a bit pointless today ....

BobsYourUncle
24th March 2022, 03:58 PM
Playing golds at MC and whites at RA?

thecollective
24th March 2022, 04:59 PM
Playing golds at MC and whites at RA?

Preferably the back tees (black from memory) was going to look up slope index but if you want to help with that then great

But if anyone joins the comp likely to be gold. So then we should all follow suit.

RA white of course

BobsYourUncle
24th March 2022, 05:01 PM
Preferably the back tees (black from memory) was going to look up slope index but if you want to help with that then great

But if anyone joins the comp likely to be gold. So then we should all follow suit.

RA white of course

I'm happy to handle handicapping, espicially if everyone can give me their golflink numbers in advance.

BobsYourUncle
24th March 2022, 05:05 PM
MC Black and RA White are the same, which will make things easy.

MC:

Black: Par 72, Scratch 72, Slope 129
Gold: Par 72, Scratch 70, Slope 128

RA

White: Par 72, Scratch 72, Slope 129

thecollective
24th March 2022, 05:06 PM
Ok that was easier than expected

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220324/fb63b50b421ead4da4dfaacb53983812.png

thecollective
24th March 2022, 05:09 PM
So black makes life easy then. Plus it’s a better course from the back

thecollective
24th March 2022, 05:41 PM
Just a heads up: The MiScore paid subscription allows you to digitally record a casual round at another course, even with a slope index. I will be using this to keep score.

Hopefully someone else has the paid app for Blackwood, I hate paper score cards.

BobsYourUncle
24th March 2022, 05:54 PM
Do Blackwood use MiScore?

thecollective
24th March 2022, 06:03 PM
Yep
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220324/687db5365054fc88369f9e89532f63ea.png

nadg63
25th March 2022, 01:57 PM
To all those participating in the SA Champs have a good weekend of golf: so far the forecast looks like the weather will be kind!

thecollective
25th March 2022, 05:29 PM
Beautiful day today, conditions were sublime

BobsYourUncle
25th March 2022, 07:08 PM
Greens were very quick, but rolled the best I've ever seen them, very true.

Quality of golf probably didn't measure up to the course conditions, but the company was good.

Burgers were good.

thecollective
25th March 2022, 07:34 PM
30 and 31 for Bob and I. Had some moments but a bit too up and down.

Miss Perez was delightful as it always is. I always go there after a round @ Blackwood.

Course was superb, weather was nice, company was great. Anybody who side stepped SA champs this year you’re crazy.

BobsYourUncle
25th March 2022, 07:42 PM
I like MiScore, haven't used it much before today. My 31pts currently has me in 15th, wonder what the ball rundown will go to? Probably not that low, with a $6 comp fee. I had about 40 putts today, need to do better than that tomorrow. Trying a different method of ball marking/alignment (thanks Hatchy).

Peppas
25th March 2022, 10:49 PM
Have a great champs weekend! Hope you guys get some kitcheners!

BUSHY
26th March 2022, 11:47 AM
Disappointed that I couldn’t make it this year. I’ll have to find another opportunity. Have a great weekend guys!!

Toxic
26th March 2022, 12:51 PM
Surely photos are due

jimandr
26th March 2022, 01:42 PM
I trust you guys will excuse me for wishing that you all miss the fairway on the long drive hole, giving me more time as the long drive champion.

Hoping to return next year to enjoy the delights of SA.

thecollective
26th March 2022, 10:39 PM
All apologies for the lack of photos. I was a bit selfish focusing on my physical health all through the round.

Here are two Marcel took:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220326/a72d7cdcebe0c73dc3fda2b1810b0081.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220326/390df59d449f9640b27c2756932b9b1f.jpg

Edit: whoops the last one was my old cat, not impressed with my absences this weekend, I have now removed it

Benje
26th March 2022, 10:42 PM
Jim

you wouldn't believe it. One person hit the wide fairway.
We are proposing a 'world series' of past SA long drivers.
We are going to get the darts announcers to announce the distance, because they are good at "one hundred and eighty".

Benje
Long Drive Champion, Mt Compass, SA Champs 2022

thecollective
27th March 2022, 01:03 AM
In traditional format tomorrow we will segregate the winners (jacket contenders) from the losers (NAGAS)

Group 1:
Hatchy
TC
PeteyD

Group 2:
DMG
Benje
BYU

Hatchman
27th March 2022, 09:21 AM
Balls were thrown up before the round to se who would help PeteyD represent Team Schnit.

Result was close with Team Kitchener retaining the title.

BobsYourUncle
27th March 2022, 10:08 AM
Balls were thrown up before the round to se who would help PeteyD represent Team Schnit.Result was close with Team Kitchener retaining the title. I thought we (team Schnit) were looking good, but the home team got up by 1 (aggregate) stableford point. Very close. Well done team Kitchener.

PeteyD
27th March 2022, 10:12 AM
Was a great day on a really good course ( except for 3 ...). Looking forward to today's round.

Hatchman
27th March 2022, 10:38 AM
Conditions don’t get any better at Mount Compass than there were yesterday.
Great day out there. I gave the Yum Yuma a good feed with 6 balls lost.

Hatchman
27th March 2022, 06:52 PM
2 cracking days for golf at Mount Compass and Royal Adelaide

Results for Mount Compass
36 18-18 - BobYourUncle
33 17-16 - Benje
31 23-18 - DMG
29 19-10 - Hatchman
28 14-14 - Thecollective
28 13-15 - PeteyD

Royal Adelaide
36 18-18 - Benje (on count back last 3 holes)
36 18-18 - BobsYourUncle
35 21-14 - Hatchman
33 20-13 - Thecollective
32 20-12 - DMG
28 17-11 - PeteyD

OzGolf S.A Champ
72 36-36 - BobsYourUncle
69 33-36 - Benje
64 29-35 - Hatchman
63 31-32 - DMG
61 28-31 - Thecollection
56 28-28 - PeteyD

Congratulation 2022 Winner BobsYourUncle

AndyP
27th March 2022, 07:17 PM
Well done , BYU.

Don't bother returning to Qld, Petey.

DMG
27th March 2022, 08:01 PM
Awesome few days of golf. Couldn't have asked for better conditions all weekend!

If I could string two 9's together I may have a chance one day! Well done to all...

PeteyD
27th March 2022, 08:29 PM
Haha was great fun, just a bit broken and frustrated. Courses awesome and I am keen to return. Thanks for organising and hosting TC and Hatchy and all that helped. RA has some really awesome holes.

3 Mohitoes in and need to get up early for tomorrow ...

thecollective
27th March 2022, 09:22 PM
Spectacular day for golf. In the end BYU was way too strong and consistent for anybody else.

Well done Benje though for winning today and thanks for helping me host guests to RA.

Despite the lack of numbers has been a very enjoyable weekend. Probably my last one with the kids growing up now and having many weekend commitments. Rest assured I can continue with, and help host the Sunday game at RA.

Onto tomorrow. Early dewy start

PeteyD
28th March 2022, 07:14 AM
It is still dark at 6:45. What kind of evil is this ....

Benje
28th March 2022, 08:37 AM
High standard, with 28, 28 getting the NAGA.

Hatch, I didn't think there were any Yum Yum's (cousin It bushes) left of 13?
And, we all know the Kangaroo stole your ball in the scrub on 7 - Skippy told us he had.

I lost one ball on 10 at Mt C.

Very few lost balls at RA, as it should be.

BYU played excellent golf, the iron play was a pleasure to see. Worthy champion, and worthy long drive champion (on day 2)

Benje, Mr LONG, day 1 SA Champs

thecollective
28th March 2022, 10:24 AM
Well....

After two holes this morning I rushed to the car, dodged all the traffic and made my standup (Monday morning meeting) by 3 mins, Ferris Bueller style.

Just wanted to say a few things before I disappear into the ether;

Thank you for supporting this event, we have so much fun and it's really focused on the social aspect of golf. As for the competition side; well BYU had this one (and planning many more) in his headlights, and it clearly showed. Excellent play, particularly off a handicap of 5. Fine form and I am certain many us hackers quite enjoy watching you tear up the course (I know I certainly do). Thank you PeteyD for joining us this year. I hope you had a good time; by all accounts that was certainly the case and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you Hatchy for being master of scoring, and supplying your NTP and long drive markers, they're really cool. Without you I would be lost in the wilderness with all the count back stuff and Kitchener Cup etc.

Thanks DMG, Benje, BYU for attendance and loyalty to the event, means a lot. Marcel; thanks for joining us Saturday and sorting the booking for RA. Pass on my regards to Lisa

TC

BobsYourUncle
28th March 2022, 01:42 PM
Thanks for all your work organising this TC. See you up in QLD maybe.

thecollective
28th March 2022, 02:19 PM
Thanks for all your work organising this TC. See you up in QLD maybe.

Will send you a PM

wazamac
27th April 2022, 01:46 PM
Congratulations to the majority.