PDA

View Full Version : Is golf form seasonal?

terryand
21st August 2004, 03:13 PM
Am I the only one suffering from a winter form slump :?:

This tend to happen to me after playing lots of golf during Dec/Jan holidays and the early part of the year while we have the longer days.

Then the winter months set in,the golf dries up to mainly Sat only games and then I struggle to play to the cap that I have achieved through the summer :smt086

Does anyone else find they have a year of golf like this #-o

Or am I just geting old and can't handle the colder mornings like I usetercould (Jeff Foxworthy redneck word)......Mmmmmmmm :smt017

Terry.

Jarro
21st August 2004, 03:18 PM
No such problems here mate ..

.. i play just as badly in winter as i do in summer :(

AndyP
21st August 2004, 05:36 PM
Am I the only one suffering from a winter form slump :?:

Don't ask stupid questions. Am I not proof of this?

Nothing to do with less golf, I have never played golf as often as what I am now.
I usually struggle in winter because of the softer conditions, but this year my massive slump was because of....well....ummmm....I dunno...habit? :smt102

amanda
21st August 2004, 06:35 PM
I always tend to play better in winter - it summer I dehydrate too quickly to recover - and usually I don't figure that out until later!

jaster
21st August 2004, 11:02 PM
I think you answered your own questions mate....the shorter/colder days makes for less golf and therefore you lose your touch, like me you must be someone who needs to be playing consistently to keep that high level :cry:

McMw
23rd August 2004, 09:18 AM
the way I'm travelling, my form isn't even seasonal, more like weekly... :roll:

markTHEblake
23rd August 2004, 05:12 PM
i tend to be seasonal, play my best golf early in the year, crappy in the latter half. I hardly ever play golf between July and Dec, I dunno if thats cos I play crap then, or I play crap cos i dont play enough.

p.s. I worked it out, Pennants and championships are from march to july. therefore i do lots of practice then. After that no practice at all hence i play like a dog, and I am a sucker bet for the rest of the year folks,

AndyP
23rd August 2004, 10:42 PM
i tend to be seasonal, play my best golf early in the year, crappy in the latter half.

g69, can you downgrade Blakey in the odds for the OzGolf Champs. :wink:

Flowergirl
24th August 2004, 08:04 AM
It sure is for the ladies who play on my home course. It is quite hilly and on a slope so the drier conditions give heaps more roll. Also in the winter the grass on the fairways is poor so the ball tends to roll off into the rough more often - due to the slope. We have some fairways that never gets used in winter cos of the roll. So very frustrating - but you tend to get used to it.
Also I always can smack it better when it's nice and hot :twisted:
And of course the added bonus of daylight savings means more hours to play. Gee I tell you what - I have just confinced myself that I will definately drop that handicap by Xmas!!! :wink: