PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night social outing

BrisVegas
3rd October 2006, 09:22 AM
Most of us are staying within walking distance of the Bribie Island GC...

What venues are around there worth a look for dinner & drinks.

Preferably one without a seafood special... :(

AndyP
3rd October 2006, 09:25 AM
Steverawlo's input into this thead would be valuable, considering he stays up there quite often.

peter_rs
3rd October 2006, 10:08 AM
The surf side pub is good and offers a bus.

Keza_G
3rd October 2006, 10:25 AM
Scott and I are going to travel up for this and would like to be able to catch up with as many ozgolfers as possible so a central venue would be great !!

BrisVegas
3rd October 2006, 10:28 AM
The surf side pub is good and offers a bus.

do they have food there too Peter??

peter_rs
3rd October 2006, 10:54 AM
BV Great food, and I have never got food poisioning in many trips ;), and there is the surf club accross the road. they may have a live band/ pool table & pokies

steverawlo
3rd October 2006, 11:49 AM
The Blue Pacific Hotel is the one you're talking about. I had a steak sanga there 2 Sundays ago. Not bad. It can be a little hit and miss for entertainment though. There's a room with 3 pool tables and a jukebox leading outside to a deck and beer garden which isn't bad but they often have functions there or the locals smother the place. Pokies ahoy and a Sports Bar with a TAB. It's about 1.5km from the golf club.

The Surf Club has a great deck overlooking Moreton Island and the bay. It would be a little quieter but probably an ideal starting place. It is a 3/4 9 iron from the Blue Pacific.

Other places are over the other side of the island - RSL isn't too bad and is more likely to have live music. In saying that it could be something like The Deltones or Wickety Wak. The Bribie Island Hotel is where are the young'uns head after 11pm for the night club until 1 or 2. For the desperados /p1ssheads only.

The golf club will have its resident drunks (my old man included) sitting outside talking crap until 8pm or so then it pretty much shuts for the night.

My recommendation would be a BBQ and drinks on the rooftop of Fairways Resort if we can get access. Failing that, dinner and drinks at the Surf Club with the option of Blueys afterwards.

shazza_rs
3rd October 2006, 01:41 PM
There's a room with 3 pool tables and a jukebox leading outside to a deck and beer garden which isn't bad but they often have functions there or the locals smother the place. Pokies ahoy and a Sports Bar with a TAB. It's about 1.5km from the golf club.

Is it possible to book the beer garden out? I'm sure it wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and then as least we will have our own space.

PeteyD
3rd October 2006, 01:43 PM
Play it by ear you planning nazis.

AndyP
3rd October 2006, 01:55 PM
Play it by ear you planning nazis.
Easier said than done. We could be talking about 30 people or so here.

PeteyD
3rd October 2006, 01:56 PM
Okay okay. Maybe we do need to book somewhere. As long as it is stumbling distance to fairways I will be happy ;)

Grunt
3rd October 2006, 02:03 PM
I will go whereever the masses go! Just anywhere I don't have to drink XXXX!!

PeteyD
3rd October 2006, 02:17 PM
Midori illusions

Grunt
3rd October 2006, 02:23 PM
Midori illusions
Very Dangerous those things are!!

PeteyD
3rd October 2006, 02:28 PM
Indeed.

dc68
3rd October 2006, 02:29 PM
Girly drink

Grunt
3rd October 2006, 02:31 PM
Worst thing is he is sharing a room with us DC

PeteyD
3rd October 2006, 02:33 PM
Settle you lot. Not the stupid premixed bottles but when you buy it by the shaker. Makes for mucho fun drunking games

dc68
3rd October 2006, 02:41 PM
Also for a terrible loss of sense after a night down the goldy a long time ago in a galaxy far far away guzzling :smt030 Illusions at cocktails and dreams woke up the next day:smt096 .....wishing for a set of very sharp teeth my arm was pinned under shall we say a small house....no no ok it was a large girl...........fkn Illusions cause Illusions:smt119 .

(And I do realise I am no lightweight.)

gazgolf1
3rd October 2006, 03:39 PM
Also for a terrible loss of sense after a night down the goldy a long time ago in a galaxy far far away guzzling :smt030 Illusions at cocktails and dreams woke up the next day:smt096 .....wishing for a set of very sharp teeth my arm was pinned under shall we say a small house....no no ok it was a large girl...........fkn Illusions cause Illusions:smt119 .

(And I do realise I am no lightweight.)

:lol:

dc68
3rd October 2006, 03:43 PM
Not funny mate....really really not funny.:oops: :smt002 But seemed like a good idea at the time.....friggin piss goggles get ya all the time.:evil:

Grunt
3rd October 2006, 07:08 PM
Would we be having a sit down meal together or meeting up after dinner for a good ol fashioned drink?

shavey
3rd October 2006, 07:14 PM
Well, I was looking forward to a poker night.. Can bring the chips and cards up..

Any takers?

BrisVegas
3rd October 2006, 07:15 PM
mmmm chips.....

Grunt
3rd October 2006, 07:28 PM
Won't a poker night be a tad hard to organise for 40+ people?

AndyP
3rd October 2006, 07:39 PM
Grunt, last year we sat down had a few drinks, had a meal together, more drinking, darts, pool, then some drinking back at the motel.

Iain
3rd October 2006, 07:41 PM
Well, I was looking forward to a poker night.. Can bring the chips and cards up..

Any takers?

Texas hold'em?? :mrgreen:

Last year worked well, might be a fair bit harder with the numbers we've got though.... :-?

Grunt
3rd October 2006, 07:45 PM
Sounds good, I get the feeling our ground floor courtyard might be the common ground.

Eag's
3rd October 2006, 07:54 PM
Yep last years night out was a blast :-D apart from those bloody prawns making me feel like death warmed up the next day :smt078
Vegas had an even worse time than me with food poisoning (never seen someone as green, poor bugger) yet he played very well on Sun :shock:

If we can find a place where we can have a nice feed (no seafood :smt002) then bum around a play pool, drink and be merry then sweet :smt023
I will just follow the mob :smt030 :smt002

BrisVegas
3rd October 2006, 07:56 PM
yep, I'm with Eagsy on all counts.

PeteyD
3rd October 2006, 08:01 PM
The Blue Pacific Hotel is the one you're talking about. I had a steak sanga there 2 Sundays ago. Not bad. It can be a little hit and miss for entertainment though. There's a room with 3 pool tables and a jukebox leading outside to a deck and beer garden which isn't bad but they often have functions there or the locals smother the place. Pokies ahoy and a Sports Bar with a TAB. It's about 1.5km from the golf club.

The Surf Club has a great deck overlooking Moreton Island and the bay. It would be a little quieter but probably an ideal starting place. It is a 3/4 9 iron from the Blue Pacific.

These two look like a go. Dinner at the surf club and retire to the pool tables etc at the Bluey.

shavey
3rd October 2006, 08:02 PM
Texas Hold'em it is...

Could do a max of 10 people per game

Might even be worthy of a side thread ;)

Moe Norman
3rd October 2006, 09:45 PM
shavey - I'm in.

$100 buy in?

Flowergirl
4th October 2006, 06:02 AM
shavey - I'm in.

$100 buy in?

Me too..............I just lorve poker:mrgreen:

shavey
4th October 2006, 07:02 AM
Just hand over your money G69 and I will be happy to 'teach' you :)

Moe Norman
4th October 2006, 08:11 AM
nice try G69, but that poker face won't work around here.

macleod
4th October 2006, 11:11 AM
shavey - I'm in.

Rs100 buy in?

so it's a 100 rupee buy-in you say? done :D

AndyP
25th October 2006, 04:00 PM
I know there is a pencilled in plan for where we are going and all (not that I can remember), but should someone make a call to make sure the place we are going to can accommodate us?

Eag's
25th October 2006, 04:53 PM
Good job Rich :smt023 sounds like a plan to me :-D
I don't think Dion or myself will be going anywhere near any
seafood :smt078

Should be one hell of a good time whatever we do :smt030 :smt098 :smt045

shazza_rs
25th October 2006, 06:08 PM
G69,

Do you think we should ring Bluey's and see if we can get the pool room and beer garden for a private function. I'm assuming we will have at least 30 people. Would be good to have exclusive rights to the pool tables.

Just a thought.

BrisVegas
25th October 2006, 06:18 PM
FYI Steaks are about $20 and yes Dion..they do have seafood.

ta mate. $20. hmmm good price. Will have to load up on drinks somewhere else though, as the budget's pretty tight...:oops:

AndyP
25th October 2006, 08:11 PM
Eag's might be able to crush or squeeze the life out of a few blokes.

I mastered a hair pulling technique that could come in handy too.

Grunt
25th October 2006, 08:16 PM
I won my last fight by 100 yards.

Flowergirl
26th October 2006, 06:28 AM
I won my last fight by 100 yards.

That is your best post Grunt.:mrgreen:

dc68
26th October 2006, 07:39 AM
I don't think the pub will run out of beer.