PDA

View Full Version : Tas: Tas Jan to Feb 2022

PeteyD
17th December 2021, 09:04 AM
We have booked again. Hopefully Omicron doesn't **** this one up.

Intending to play the course near Port Arthur early on Friday 28th.

I am in Launceston Jan 29 to Feb 2 when we go to Hobart until the 6th.

Will be looking to get to BD at least from Launy.

Anyone want a hit during that time let me know.

AndyP
17th December 2021, 09:07 AM
Omicron or the Qld/Tas government? I'd love to got to Tassie again, but as a golf trip, but I'm not ready to trust interstate travel yet.

PeteyD
17th December 2021, 09:36 AM
Well it is what the state governments do based on Omicron. Going to be hard to shut borders again now I think, but nothing would surprise me.

golfbound
18th December 2021, 08:05 AM
I just got back last night from Golf in Tassie I played in order of best to worst courses
Barbougle Lost Farm
Barnbougle Dunes
Ulverstone Golf Club ( This is like a mini Bonville)
Royal Hobart
Country Club Tasmania
Launceston Golf Club
Devonport Golf Club

I also flew over and played Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham on King Island.

Was the best golfing trip i have been on. Done it all in 7 days

markTHEblake
18th December 2021, 10:18 AM
Great! Ready to play golf again?

TS
18th December 2021, 05:42 PM
I just got back last night from Golf in Tassie I played in order of best to worst courses
Barbougle Lost Farm
Barnbougle Dunes
Ulverstone Golf Club ( This is like a mini Bonville)
Royal Hobart
Country Club Tasmania
Launceston Golf Club
Devonport Golf Club

I also flew over and played Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham on King Island.

Was the best golfing trip i have been on. Done it all in 7 days

Where Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham would fit in the above list?

golfbound
18th December 2021, 06:11 PM
Where Ocean Dunes and Cape Wickham would fit in the above list?

Cape Wickham is number 1 and Ocean Dunes number 2 by along shot. The courses are brilliant in fantastic condition, the only let down with these 2 are the club houses. Cape wickham is like a white marquee tent but has everything in it and Ocean Dunes is like a portable site office.

Cape Wickham, Ocean Dunes and Barnbougle courses all had Fescue greens which are very spongey.

sms316
18th December 2021, 06:55 PM
What does a clubhouse have to do with the quality of a course?

golfbound
18th December 2021, 07:17 PM
What does a clubhouse have to do with the quality of a course?

Nothing really, this was just the comments from a few in our group. Accomodation at Cape Wickham was good clean and tidy. All in all it was the best golf trip and cant wait to get back to King Island.

WBennett
18th December 2021, 07:56 PM
What does a clubhouse have to do with the quality of a course? This times infinity.My tour group had a blast in the correct scale club houses.

PeteyD
23rd January 2022, 08:07 PM
Flying down soon. Planning on playing Tasman Friday morning. BD on the Sunday or Monday. Maybe an early round somewhere ends as well.

PeteyD
30th January 2022, 07:01 AM
Tasman golfclub. Nice little 10 hole golf course (8 and 17 are separate holes) set in an awesome location across from Port Arthur. Two tees as is normal for these courses, some of which are significantly different. Only had time for an early 9. Course is worth the $20 green fee just to see and play the 8th hole. 124m over some water. Pic of the 8th and 1st from the tees below.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220129/6b177a0571c57d1c503a7d97c31a906d.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220129/8968d8693d3d19b5e3b5a2d6fc3f5789.jpg

PeteyD
31st January 2022, 02:25 PM
Barbougle Dunes today. First time. Loved it. Will return. Been enough reviews on here so I don't need to add to it. Might have to organise a trip and stay there to play the other 2 courses.

3Puttpete
31st January 2022, 02:26 PM
Barbougle Dunes today. First time. Loved it. Will return. Been enough reviews on here so I don't need to add to it. Might have to organise a trip and stay there to play the other 2 courses.

You’d be silly not to. Lost Farm is more fun.

WBennett
31st January 2022, 03:21 PM
You’d be silly not to. Lost Farm is more fun.

Having only walked Barney Run, there could be an argument its even more fun, but in snack size

3Puttpete
31st January 2022, 03:25 PM
Having only walked Barney Run, there could be an argument its even more fun, but in snack size

I’d give it a go with a half set

WBennett
31st January 2022, 03:37 PM
I’d give it a go with a half set

Its all you need. That and a couple of stubbies.

AndyP
31st January 2022, 04:04 PM
I'd be in for that. I wouldn't say no to trying Dunes again either.

PeteyD
31st January 2022, 05:13 PM
When is the best time of year to go out is it generally a crap shoot? Might think about April next year.

petethepilot
31st January 2022, 10:19 PM
March is our best weather Pete. Less tourists, more stable weather, less wind!

WBennett
1st February 2022, 07:22 AM
March is our best weather Pete. Less tourists, more stable weather, less wind!

And still enough daylight for 36 in a day

Dotty
1st February 2022, 09:02 AM
And still enough daylight for 36 in a day
Theoretically, equinox in late March equals 12 hours of daylight.

That should be enough for most OzGolfers to fit in 36 holes.

Edit ... Sorry, I thought that was a question.

backintheswing
1st February 2022, 09:07 AM
A big group from Mackay went last year for the Bass Straight Masters. April 10-13

Apparently the weather was disgusting. Cold, windy, heavy rain and hail storms in the middle of the day.

PeteyD
1st February 2022, 09:42 AM
A big group from Mackay went last year for the Bass Straight Masters. April 10-13

Apparently the weather was disgusting. Cold, windy, heavy rain and hail storms in the middle of the day.Ouch. March looks better!

PeteyD
2nd February 2022, 07:17 PM
Going to try and get onto Tasmania for Friday morning. Seems the most likely option.

sms316
2nd February 2022, 08:09 PM
Going to try and get onto Tasmania for Friday morning. Seems the most likely option. Head into Drummonds at Cambridge and pick on the big Flog

PeteyD
2nd February 2022, 08:37 PM
But that would mean going to a Drummonds ....

PeteyD
3rd February 2022, 09:43 AM
Royal Hobart it is. I'll see if Lefty was telling the truth [emoji48][emoji23][emoji4]

WBennett
3rd February 2022, 12:44 PM
Head into Drummonds at Cambridge and pick on the big Flog

Flog loves Ozgolf tyre kickers.

WBennett
3rd February 2022, 12:45 PM
Royal Hobart it is. I'll see if Lefty was telling the truth [emoji48][emoji23][emoji4]

Its good, not great. I prefer Tasmania GC out of my 3 courses played in the Hobart area.

PeteyD
3rd February 2022, 04:29 PM
Its good, not great. I prefer Tasmania GC out of my 3 courses played in the Hobart area.Tasmania had a corporate day on unfortunately.

WBennett
4th February 2022, 07:40 AM
What did you think of 'The Peoples Royal'?

LeftyHoges
4th February 2022, 08:50 AM
What did you think of 'The Peoples Royal'?

He hasn't been there yet.

LeftyHoges
4th February 2022, 08:54 AM
Its good, not great. I prefer Tasmania GC out of my 3 courses played in the Hobart area.

Tas has a handful of decent holes around the water, but lets not kid ourselves here....

PeteyD
4th February 2022, 01:41 PM
What did you think of 'The Peoples Royal'?Uninspiring land although it is sandy. Like RQ they have done a lot with what they have.

The new short par 4 (7) was good, tricky green to hold. I assume that is G69s work. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Members I played with were great. Good mix of holes. I liked all the par 3s. I don't think there are any weak holes. Greens down here are awesome, pick a line and roll it.

They have had a lot of rain, some dead patches where water had pooled. Some bunkers still a bit ugly.

Did I like it more than BD, no. Would I happily play it week in week out, yes.

LeftyHoges
4th February 2022, 01:53 PM
Uninspiring land although it is sandy. Like RQ they have done a lot with what they have.

The new short par 4 (7) was good, tricky green to hold. I assume that is G69s work. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Members I played with were great. Good mix of holes. I liked all the par 3s. I don't think there are any weak holes. Greens down here are awesome, pick a line and roll it.

They have had a lot of rain, some dead patches where water had pooled. Some bunkers still a bit ugly.

Did I like it more than BD, no. Would I happily play it week in week out, yes.

Yep, that one is G69's work.