PDA

View Full Version : NV in a 3 wood ?

Jarro
5th May 2004, 01:30 PM
anyone using one of these in their 3 woods :?:

I'm really thinking of trying one in mine, but just wanted to get someone elses thoughts first 8)

AndyP
5th May 2004, 01:41 PM
I could give you my thoughts, but I don't think they would be very useful. :roll:

Jarro
5th May 2004, 01:54 PM
thanks AndyP...

.. you've been most helpfull :roll:

terryand
5th May 2004, 02:28 PM
Mate I've got the shaft if you want to be the ginnea pig :-s

Theres no way I'm changing my 3 wood ATM [-X

Terry.

Jarro
5th May 2004, 02:41 PM
Mate I've got the shaft if you want to be the ginnea pig :-s

Terry.

i'll get back to ya mate :wink:

andylo
5th May 2004, 03:22 PM
Jarro,

why not pro-launch 75?

Jarro
5th May 2004, 04:54 PM
Jarro,

why not pro-launch 75?

I don't know anyone thats used one andylo :?

have you :?:

I've heard lots of good reports about the NV's, maybe i'll take Terry up on his offer :D

prmeier
5th May 2004, 08:05 PM
Had an NV85s in the 200 tour to begin with Jarro. It was a great combo off the tee. Great length with a penetrating ballflight but it wasn't the best off the deck. Not quite low enough kick to get it in the air as much as i'd like. That's why I went to the TX90, to get a more allround combo. If you're looking for graphite tp put in it, I'd lean towards the Purple Ice.

I've still got the NV85S if you are interested but it was tipped 1.5 inches so you'll probably find it a bit stiff. It was stiffer than the TX90 that was in it.

jaster
5th May 2004, 08:10 PM
The NV sounds good mate but I'll tell you after I try my YS9.1 that arrived yesterday :P
What is wrong with your 3 wood? Too high? Too Low? etc etc

I have read only good reports about the PI shaft.

If you have never tried steel in your FWs I would say give that a go first, tezzas 980f is a great example of how good steel can be in a FW:)

Jarro
5th May 2004, 08:12 PM
thanks prmeier 8)

i actually found i'm hitting the ball a lot lower off the deck now :? doesn't climb as high but still gets out there a fair distance. It just feels like it's not going as far as it should .... did you find a considerable loss of distance with the TX-90 compared to the NV85S :?:

prmeier
5th May 2004, 08:27 PM
I lost a good 10 metres off the tee when I changed but that was what I was looking for. We have a lot of dogleg par 4's that I wanted to use it on and it would just run through the dogleg. Off the deck distance was similar as the TX, would fly mostly then roll a bit whereas the NV was a lot lower ball flight but it would just roll forever.

That's is why I think the Purple Ice would be a good combo. It has the low kick like the TX but lighter weight and that graphite kick that you just don't get from steel.

In saying that, I have S300's in my 13 and 17 right now and love them. They are a bit soft but that makes me slow down and let the club do the work otherwise they just go high left and just keep going. Slow it down and they go nice and straight with a medium high ball flight. 17 off the deck is just amazing. So easy to hit.

jaster
5th May 2004, 08:39 PM
In saying that, I have S300's in my 13 and 17 right now and love them. They are a bit soft but that makes me slow down and let the club do the work otherwise they just go high left and just keep going. Slow it down and they go nice and straight with a medium high ball flight. 17 off the deck is just amazing. So easy to hit.

See jarro, nuff said mate :)

Jarro
5th May 2004, 08:43 PM

See jarro, nuff said mate :)

yeah, but you guys are gorilla's :!: :shock:

i'm just a puny little moderator :roll: :lol:

I thought about the PI shaft as well, maybe that might be a better option :? I really think i need a graphite shaft in this club :?

prmeier
5th May 2004, 08:48 PM
There's only one way to find out Jarro :D . Give it a go 8) . I've heard they play firm so go for a regular and leave it 1/2 inch over. You can always trim it afterwards or get it pulled and tipped to firm it up.

Jarro
5th May 2004, 08:52 PM
will do Peter :D

gazgolf1
7th May 2004, 05:20 PM
jarro,
I've just had a Penley tour light stuck in my Steelhead 4+ and love it.
I had this shaft in a Cleveland Launcher and always regretted selling it,it's only a 65 gm shaft but I like a light shaft in my 3 wood.
HOG have got em. :smt038

Jarro
8th May 2004, 03:58 AM
jarro,
I've just had a Penley tour light stuck in my Steelhead 4+ and love it.
I had this shaft in a Cleveland Launcher and always regretted selling it,it's only a 65 gm shaft but I like a light shaft in my 3 wood.
HOG have got em. :smt038

thanks Gaz 8)

What do they go for :?: I've heard a few other people say how good they are.. but i've never played one.

Can you compare it to any other shaft that you've used :?: