PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 2 October 2006

jimandr
2nd October 2006, 07:10 PM
A public holiday Monday in NSW, so I get to start the thread.

My first game for three weeks today, at Eastlake with Amanda and Brad.

A bit rusty is the best excuse I can come up with. A few good shots, a lot of bad ones and an ordinary score of 30 points.

The positive was two birdies, the negative was two drives out of bounds, and another finishing 50 metres behind the tee (the full story is in the Eastlake thread).

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 08:11 PM
Just getting in early so I can rub it in. Guess where I'm playing on Friday. Go on. Guess!!!! Give in . Royal Melbourne. :mrgreen: How lucky am I.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AndyP
2nd October 2006, 08:12 PM
Just getting in early so I can rub it in. Guess where I'm playing on Friday. Go on. Guess!!!! Give in . Royal Melbourne. :mrgreen: How lucky am I.:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Bitch!
How did you manage that? Charity event? Which 18?
Look forward to your report.

Flowergirl
2nd October 2006, 08:15 PM
Bitch!
How did you manage that? Charity event? Which 18?
Look forward to your report.

Not sure which course. I'm playing in the Royal Melbourne Ladies Bowl. Three players from our club were selected to play there. Gee it's good being on the Match Committee.:smt002

BrisWesty
2nd October 2006, 08:52 PM
Nice work FG, we expect a full rundown at the champs!

amanda
3rd October 2006, 07:12 AM
A very ordinary 27 points at Eastlake with Jim and Brad - though I'm not terribly disappointed as I haven't played golf for at least 4 weeks.

All up - a fun day!

PeteyD
4th October 2006, 10:09 AM
Monthly Mug today. Tees were way back and pins were in bastard positions. Shot 99/72, including 3 pars, so starting to show improvement. If the CCR comes in high might even break par!

peter_rs
4th October 2006, 11:01 AM
good work petey

brad
4th October 2006, 12:43 PM
This is a bit late, but 25 points at Eastlakes GC with Amanda and Jim.

Some stats:
Fairways : 2
GIR : 1
Putts : :smt102
Wipes : 3
Pars : 1 (best score on any one hole)
U&D/SS : zilch
Laughs : many
Swims in lake : 1 :oops:

:mrgreen:

Courty
4th October 2006, 09:53 PM
I shot 30pts in the comp this arve. I played some beautiful shots and some garbage ones. Still trying to figure out the new putter. Distance control has got me buggered.
In other news, I was told today that after the greens are cored in a few weeks, the new grenkeeper will have our greens running at 13 on the Stimpmeter all year round. :shock:

McCoy
5th October 2006, 08:01 PM
40 points at Keperra and I think I've won. Big highlight was draining a 20ft eagle putt on the 9th, went eagle, birdie, birdie holes 9-11. The much maligned putting game was on fire, drained anything less than 15ft. Kind of hides the fact that the irons were inconsistent.
Very happy but still have some things to work on.

AndyP
5th October 2006, 08:02 PM
Wow! What a run! I'm so jealous of the eagle.

cazandpaul
6th October 2006, 12:23 PM
33 points on Wenesday (as part of 4B agg) - nothing really good but nothing really bad.

Ducky
7th October 2006, 02:02 PM
Well, I played in the Monthly Medal stroke event today with Vince (Virgal_Tracy). I finished with 74 (+3) gross (66 net), which consisted of 38 (+2) on the front nine, and 36 (+1) on the back nine. My ballstriking (long game) was quite consistant, however, my short game cost me (at least) an additional five strokes (three 3-putts, couple of fat chips). Overall, it was an enjoyable day and good to finally meet an OzGolfer in person.

Grunt
7th October 2006, 02:13 PM
I played in a 2 man ambrose today, could not get into any real rythym for the day. Did not hit the ball to bad all day. I don't really like ambrose golf anymore. I cant get any feel for the game.
We played ok to shoot 2 over for the day with a 4 under nett. Not good enough though guys walked into the club as I left with a nett 52 (18 under).

shazza_rs
7th October 2006, 02:13 PM
Monthly Medal - Riverlakes - 7/10/06
-----------------------------------------
Had 87/71 (par 72 CCR 70 always).

Fairways 9/13
GIR 5/18
Putts 32

All in all a average performance.... had the putter working fairly well for a change :)

I was equal clubhouse leader when i left...... who knows what the afternoon will bring.

Courty
7th October 2006, 03:54 PM
Monthly Medal. 84/77. I was fading everything all day and it really was giving me the shits. :evil:
I was feeling particularly uninspired considering it might have been my last game for a month. :cry:

BrisWesty
7th October 2006, 06:23 PM
88/75 today in the last round of the club champs. 6 fairways, 3 gir, 31 putts. Nothing special but 10 better than last Sunday. Blew it on the second hole of the day with a quad bogey. Played nice solid stuff after that!
Don't think I'll have made the final 8, so that clears the calendar for Pac Harbour & Bribie in 3 weeks time.

Pinglauncher
7th October 2006, 07:12 PM
Ist round of club champs today and finished with a net 76. Driving was as bad as I can remember in quite a long time, only finding 5 fairways. Short game was very good.

Ping Jnr had a SHOCKER.

shazza_rs
8th October 2006, 08:28 AM
Had a social round at Nudgee South today....

Pete had a 84/68 ....
2 Fairways
7 GIR
31 putts.....
3 birdies :):):)

I had a 88/72......
7 Fairways
7 GIR
41 Putts :):):) (7 x 3 putts...... so even though i was on the green in regulation i was so freaking far away it wasn't funny....)

Greens were in the middle of renovations..... very sandy and bumpy greens..... a lot of my 3 putts were when i didn't hit it hard enough not to get bumped offline when close to the hole. Wasn't too worried.... have putted worse on better greens.

AndyP
8th October 2006, 04:12 PM
07/10/2006, Bribie Island GC, Monthly Mug

9/14 effective T-shots.
2/18 effective approaches.
35 putts.
------------
1 birdie.
4 pars.
6 bogeys.
5 doubles.
2 other.

Score 50-43-93 nett 82 (Par 36-36-72)

Started on 10 with a perfect drive down the middle with a little draw, then made a double. That's my round right there.....garbage. Even the short game had a bit of a day off, with only a couple of great putts.

The positive is that it is 16 shots better than my last round..........
However, I think Bribie's fairways are a little wider than Pacific, and I was hitting in a smidgeon better.

AndyP
8th October 2006, 04:20 PM
08/10/2006, Nambour GC, Stableford

5/12 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
33 putts.
------------------
7 pars.
7 bogeys.
4 doubles.

Score 44-39-83 stab 32pts (Par 34-34-68)

Started on 1 with a perfect T-shot down the middle with a little draw, then made a double. Deja-vu? Four doubles in the first 5 holes, with three 3-putts.

However, it did get a little bit better this time. My shots were a little closer to targets, so it was a bit easier to recover, and I actually hit a few good shots. I even hit the occasional green!! And once I got used to the pace of the shaggy cored greens, it was a bit easier.

I still didn't play very well, but I told myself before the round that I would be happy with 30pts. After this round, I've decided I will play in the Champs and not just turn up for the Saturday night.......

Next round: 27/10, Pre-Champs Round, Nudgee GC.

goughy
8th October 2006, 06:19 PM
After this round, I've decided I will play in the Champs and not just turn up for the Saturday night.......

Now Now :smt018

I don't want to hear any more talk like this from anyone going to the champs. A bad day at golf is still better than a good day at work... yada yada yada.

And at least you're going. :-({|= (supplied my own violin)

BrisWesty
8th October 2006, 07:56 PM
Run down from the club champs - finished =9th in B-Grade. That means I missed out on the match play champs by 1 shot (and 1 place).

A couple of positives about that. I don't have to take the girls out with me or find a babysitter while Alaina is in South Africa. I don't have to choose whether to play in the match play final or play at Pac Harbour on the 28th.

jimandr
8th October 2006, 08:25 PM
A home game at Camden Valley (10 to 27) with Amanda, Brad and VirgalTracy. I have described the weather in the first tee thread, but I actually played better in the 40mph wind than in the calm weather.

34 points was fairly good in the conditions. The stats make it look like my short game rescued me, but a few up and downs were from less than a yard off the green.

Fairways = 6 of 14
Greens in Reg = 4 of 18
Putts = 30, 1 threeputt, zero birdies
Up and Down = 6 of 9, finished with 5 in a row
Sand Saves = 1 of 3

Flowergirl
8th October 2006, 08:53 PM
Well I played a bit of golf this week. Started the week wth a lesson - getting more and more starting to have something that almost looks like a golf swing. Starting to get there:mrgreen:

Played Wednesday in a raging wind. Boy does that tire you out. Hit the ball well except for two par 3's - I had an 8 and a 7. Don't want to even think about how I did that.

Next day was another in the wind at the annual Police Charity Day. This was my sixth year playing in this so I thought rather than drink too much and get very rowdy that I'd try to win it. Had a very nice 37 points in the wind again - and lost on a count back to a chick off 42. Gee - isn't that just great.:evil: I know that a handicap is a handicap - but 42!!!!!!!!!! Cripes.

Won a NTP - mens and ladies - 300 players. So I was pretty chuffed with that. Great shot too even if I do say so.:mrgreen: Also won LOngest drive for ladies and was a finalist in the putting comp. Had to putt to these flag stcks a friggin mile away. I aimed at one and it went in the one next to it about 6 feet away.:-D Missed the play off for a colour tv.:cry:

Played Friday in perfect weather at Royal Melbourne - East course. No excuses - just didn't play well. I think I was a bit golfed out. But I played with two great girls - hit some good shots and some shockers but best of all bought up big in their golf clothing clearance sale - a good day shopping almosts beats a good day golfing - almost:mrgreen: Gee there's a lot of bunkers at Royal Melbourne. I think I went in everyone:evil:

Practised for a couple of hours and then played the back nine today. Had the course to myself so was able to play a couple of balls.

So a big week of golf for me - some good and some woeful - but always fun and always learning.

cazandpaul
9th October 2006, 03:51 AM
Nice golf Reenie:-D - you are certainly putting the work in and it will pay off - maybe Ozgolf champion:-D

Holden scramble regional yesterday - 63 net 58.25 (9 birdies) - not even close - 51.75 won (handicaps of 8,10 and 40:shock: ) - honestly don't know where we could find another 7 shots:oops: .

Good fun and an awesome lunch.

Flowergirl
9th October 2006, 07:06 AM
Nice golf Reenie:-D - you are certainly putting the work in and it will pay off - maybe Ozgolf champion:-D

Holden scramble regional yesterday - 63 net 58.25 (9 birdies) - not even close - 51.75 won (handicaps of 8,10 and 40:shock: ) - honestly don't know where we could find another 7 shots:oops: .

Good fun and an awesome lunch.

Paul.........if you check my golflink you'll see the scores at Royal Melb were very poor-----------only played well at the Charity Day cos I knew there was an audience. I'm such a show off!!!!!!!!:mrgreen: AS for the Champs.........I'd put me down as a 100 to 1 chance - and that's being kind:smt002

Courty
9th October 2006, 07:08 AM
Reenie for Champ! :mrgreen:

Virgal_Tracy
9th October 2006, 08:54 AM
In a rarity for me played 3 days in a row.

Being in Bathurst to visit outlaws played 9 holes with FiL and shot 1 under my handicap for an 8 over.

Sat played with Ducky in monthly medal. Shot 54 for the same 9 and followed up with 46 to raise the bat for the 1st time in a long while. Highlight of the game was a chip in bogey on the 11th after 2nd shot rebounded off a tree into the jail.

Sunday played with Jim, Amanda and BRad at Camden Valley. 33 points but a day of what could have been.Started round with par, bogey, birdie.Wind was blowing but certainly no excuse.

Short game practice is needed after many poor shots.

Bruce
9th October 2006, 09:03 AM
IBM corporate day on Friday at Croydon. 4 man ambrose, actually 3 men and 1 woman.

We had 6 under of the stick which was solid but 2.5 away from the winner. We were 5 under after 6 and then plateaued a bit.

Liinda was in the team and her barracking is perfect for taking out of context.

"Just get it inside me now"
"In the hole please"
"That was so long"