PDA

View Full Version : Alternate use for a driver shaft

Bogeyman
11th November 2021, 04:10 PM
Hi all.hoping somebody can help me...I recently picked up an old G10 driver just to see how it'd go as opposed to my usual Cobra driver. Just to try something different. It came with a nice Tensei shaft. However I THINK I damaged the shaft putting the clubs in the car and the shaft broke at the hosel on the first tee...
Anyway I cut the shaft and removed the broken bits from the head...NOW what is the best use for the shaft now it's a bit shorter?
1) re-fit it to the G10 head and make up the length of the shaft somehow?
2) use the current length shaft and maybe find a 3 wood head or something?
3) is it possible to fit a driver shaft and adjust the length to fit a nice wedge perhaps?

I'm on the goldy so any suggestions on my shaft dilemma and any recommendations on who to take it to to fix will be gladly appreciated
Cheer
Col

chappy1970
11th November 2021, 04:33 PM
Col,
You could use it in a driver, but if it broke at the hosel, you've lost at least an inch and a qtr from the tip. This would be very stout in driver, also noting that it may have been originally tipped too.

It can be used quite comfortably in a 3wd, with the trimming profile not too dissimilar to what you lost as part of the breakage. The weight of the shaft may be a challenge , but it's personal preference.

As far as extending the butt end of the shaft to the desired playing length, this is very common and quite straight forward.

My view would be that you could use it in a 3 wd, else prop up the tomatoes in the garden

Chappy

Bogeyman
11th November 2021, 05:16 PM
Col,You could use it in a driver, but if it broke at the hosel, you've lost at least an inch and a qtr from the tip. This would be very stout in driver, also noting that it may have been originally tipped too.It can be used quite comfortably in a 3wd, with the trimming profile not too dissimilar to what you lost as part of the breakage. The weight of the shaft may be a challenge , but it's personal preference.As far as extending the butt end of the shaft to the desired playing length, this is very common and quite straight forward.My view would be that you could use it in a 3 wd, else prop up the tomatoes in the gardenChappyUnreal thanks chappy, appreciate it

Courty
11th November 2021, 05:37 PM
Pseudo alignment stick or tomato stake.

Bogeyman
11th November 2021, 07:47 PM
Pseudo alignment stick or tomato stake. Thanks Courty

Courty
11th November 2021, 08:28 PM
I have a spare shaft here (I think it came from a 3-wood) that I keep finding all sorts of uses for. The latest one was switching the microwave off at the wall without having to move it to reach the switch. :mrgreen:

Halfer5
11th November 2021, 08:36 PM
I have a spare shaft here (I think it came from a 3-wood) that I keep finding all sorts of uses for. The latest one was switching the microwave off at the wall without having to move it to reach the switch. :mrgreen:Haha you just reminded me of a childhood memory of the days pre remote controls when my dad used to use a snooker cue to change channels on the tv without getting out of his seat

LeftyHoges
12th November 2021, 08:40 AM
I have a spare shaft here (I think it came from a 3-wood) that I keep finding all sorts of uses for. The latest one was switching the microwave off at the wall without having to move it to reach the switch. :mrgreen:

Just reach out if you need a shorter one or 6 (more control for finnicky jobs), I seem to be able to generate an excess of them.....

Dotty
12th November 2021, 09:07 AM
Handy for landscaping stakes, as they don't need hammering into the ground.
And stirring 10 litre paint tins, without having to bend down.

Or extending putter shafts back to normal length, after the fitter doesn't take into account the flexibility of white collar desk jockeys.

Daves
12th November 2021, 09:19 AM

Not sure I would be prodding an Electrical Outlet with a Graphite Shaft, unless of course you left the Grip on it! :wink:

Courty
12th November 2021, 07:12 PM
Just reach out if you need a shorter one or 6 (more control for finnicky jobs), I seem to be able to generate an excess of them.....

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. ;)

Not sure I would be prodding an Electrical Outlet with a Graphite Shaft, unless of course you left the Grip on it! :wink:

The grip is still there Dave, for added comfort!