PDA

View Full Version : WDYSTM - October 2021

Kelsey86
3rd October 2021, 05:00 PM
28 points from 93 gross today at Oxley, playing off 15. My irons are improving each time I play, problem is the errant tee shots not allowing me looks at the green in regulation often enough. I'm not having anywhere near as much trouble landing on greens from inside about 150-160 metres now which is good, also punching out through small gaps has become easier too. Little bit frustrating but I'm enjoying seeing actual improvement in areas that were pretty rubbish before (still have a number of lessons left however, only had one so far).

Back to do it all again tomorrow, hopefully keep it in play more.

BobsYourUncle
3rd October 2021, 06:34 PM
82/33pts around a very windy Royal Adelaide today. Fairly happy with that, although probably should've been in the 70s if a couple more putts dropped.

BXPBPbPBP-BPXPBBPPB

Highlight was dropping a long birdie putt from up the back on 6. Nearly followed it up with a birdie on 7, but lipped out a tricky breaking putt from about 8 feet. Wind really picked up on the back 9 but I held it together reasonably well. Didn't drive the ball well, but the 14* mini driver was reliable after a last minute decision to put it in the bag (anticipating the wind).

The rough was pretty brutal. I was hitting my 2nd shot from the rough on the 1st and 2nd, both times the long, thick grass grabbed my club so strongly the ball went a good 30 degrees left.

thecollective
3rd October 2021, 10:43 PM
I played in the late afternoon wind was brutal by the time I got to #15. Greens were a bit slower today, understandable considering the wind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billp
5th October 2021, 08:07 AM
Played in the Mt Coolum Open on Sunday. What a great little course, first time I have played it. Amazing views and wildlife everywhere.

Shot 86/72, not bad for my first hit in a couple of months. Three, 3 putts from within a meter ultimately screwed what could have been a great round.
First time I have had two birdies in a comp round as well which was nice.

Kelsey86
5th October 2021, 11:16 AM
26 points at Oxley yesterday, same old situation, too many tee shots into trouble 🤣 I at least scored better than I had the last year or so when I didn't do that, as my approach shots are improving and I'm getting more consistent with them each round. For the 10 holes where I kept it in play off the tee or could hit a proper shot from the trees I was +5, which could have been better if some more putts were holed. Prior to that first lesson approaches were probably the most inconsistent part of my game so it's been good to see improvement there now after initially going a bit backwards getting used to the swing changes. Looking forward to continuing the lessons and seeing improvement in all areas over the next while.

3Puttpete
5th October 2021, 11:32 AM
39. 4 consecutive 3 putts followed by a wipe didn’t help.

BobsYourUncle
5th October 2021, 01:43 PM
39. 4 consecutive 3 putts followed by a wipe didn’t help.

45 points gone begging...

Another reasonable round for me today, driver still a bit iffy (missing left today instead of right, so maybe that's progress), but putted pretty well, other than a really cruel lip-out on 16 that lead to a 3 putt. Room to improve, but finally heading in the right direction.

PPBPPPPBX-PBPPPbBPP 76/38pts

JoeS
5th October 2021, 10:38 PM
It's October

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

AndyP
6th October 2021, 07:24 AM
It's October
What's your point?

JoeS
6th October 2021, 07:34 AM
What's your point?[emoji2147] we love golf

WBennett
6th October 2021, 07:39 AM
It's October

Playing every day?

JoeS
6th October 2021, 08:14 AM
Playing every day?I wish.Played 9 holes on Monday, got another 9 tonight.Never open with a birdie, nothing good ever comes from it[emoji1787]

LeftyHoges
6th October 2021, 09:34 AM
[emoji2147] we love golf

Speak for yourself.

BobsYourUncle
7th October 2021, 11:22 AM
Wasted a good start today, +1 on the front 9 with a lost ball on the 3rd, but fell away on the back.

PbXPPPbPB-BBPPXPBBP 78/35pts

3Puttpete
10th October 2021, 05:40 PM
36. One birdie, one can of coke and 3 wipes.

Kelsey86
10th October 2021, 07:00 PM
I had two rounds in one today at Oxley, social club game this week, and a match play semi final. The first 6 holes I wasn't going too badly, ball striking wasn't fantastic but was reasonable, even managed a birdie after sticking one to about a metre on a par 3. I think I was 3 up at that point. After that the wheels completely fell off and coupled with everything that could go wrong going wrong it just turned into a total dumpster fire and also lost the match. I knew what I was trying to do but for whatever reason just couldn't get it happening. Ended up with 101/81 in the end. Oh well, maybe after a couple of practice sessions before next Saturday I'll go a bit better then.

bdoug10
11th October 2021, 08:17 AM
My best round in about 6 months. Long story short, was fitted for new irons and I suspected from the about the 2nd game the fit was wrong (shaft to stiff and needing a step swing to load it) decided had to change something. Pro gave me a demo set or sim 2 to try for a round.

81gross for 35 points

Got my normal distance back and hit a lot more GIR if not for in be stupid shot would have was 37/38 points for a 79

LeftyHoges
11th October 2021, 08:56 AM
36. One birdie, one can of coke and 3 wipes.

3 wipes?

Curry for dinner the night before?

3Puttpete
11th October 2021, 09:14 AM
3 wipes?

Curry for dinner the night before?

I may have over indulged in a particularly spicy jerky but that’s a story for another time.

Dcanto
11th October 2021, 10:16 AM
Catch-up for Saturday. 36 points in another Jekyll and Hyde round. Happy with how I finished off the round but some consistency would be nice.

BobsYourUncle
12th October 2021, 11:52 AM
Wasted a great start today with a triple & two doubles on the back 9 - all due to poor tee shots (with some poor decision making after the bad tee shot causing the triple). Chipping & putting remains pretty solid. Approach game is a little average - missed a couple of greens with a wedge in hand today, which is bad (for me). For perspective, the 3 birdies were on two par 5s (3rd shot being a pitch/chip) and a chip-in after missing the green on a par 4. Need to put some work in there.

PbBPBBbPb-XPPPXPPPX 78/72

AndyP
12th October 2021, 01:24 PM
Tuesday morning golf now too. Bastard!

BobsYourUncle
12th October 2021, 01:26 PM
It was instead of Thursday morning this week :)

AndyP
12th October 2021, 03:40 PM
I had a hit on Sunday, October 3, but I didn't keep score. I thought if I played best ball from two balls for the first nine while on the back of social groups, it would boost my confidence. It was the opposite, when I double bogeyed a par 5 after being greenside for two, and failing to get five consecutive chips onto the putting surface. I strongly considered not going ahead with the next weekend's comp, but I had planned some parkrun tourism beforehand, so I stuck with my plan.

09/10/2021, Laidley GC, Moreton District Golf Association Championships, Stroke.

SG Handicap: Driving - 12, Approach - 9, Short - 5, Putting - +4.
Score: PPPBBPPPB XXPbBBBPP; 39:41:80 (+3:+6:+9).
Played to 10.1. Golflink: 8.3 (-0.1). SCH: 8.6 (-0.2).

Parkrun before golf isn't a great idea, but I was making the most of being in the area. I didn't go too hard, and did the 5k in about 27min.

Very solid start and made the most of the course being fairly open, allowing the driver to be sprayed a bit, which I did. A double-double start to the back nine ruined the chances of a really good score, but I toiled away to have a half decent round, despite several dud shots. Putting was the best it has been for ages, except when I putted from off the edge of the green into someone else's ball, well short of the hole; still made the next putt though.

5th best B grade gross score, two shots behind the best.

Next round: Back to Wolly Park on Sunday, I assume.

JoeS
13th October 2021, 10:16 PM
I had a hit this arvo.Played 14 holes, wasn't scoring.Havent been getting on with the mp18 irons, so went back to my mp60's.They are doing the job for me, the mp18's might be up for sale shortly.
5 birdies

BobsYourUncle
16th October 2021, 12:27 PM
First round of club champs qualifiers, not sure how I feel about my 79. On the one hand, I'll be a few shots off the pace, but on the other I'm not too unhappy wiht a 79 when there's a quad bogey 8 on the card. Made from the middle of the fairway no less, on the 8th. Fairly happy that I managed to keep it together after that. Will need a good round next weekend.

PPPBBPPXP-PPPBBbBPP

3Puttpete
16th October 2021, 05:48 PM
Net +9

Missed the 3 and 8 on my 2-9 bingo card.

Kelsey86
16th October 2021, 08:05 PM
30 points at Oxley today from 93 gross. Driver is still an issue but I have a lesson tomorrow, may work on it then but depends on his lesson plan. Putting was pretty ordinary which didn't help, robbed myself of a few points missing easy putts after nice wedges into greens.
On the plus side I've taught myself how to play flop shots over the last few weeks, and they came off well today when I needed them.
Next round at Gailes in the social club next Sunday

chappy1970
18th October 2021, 09:43 AM
Been an uninspiring return to golf for me in Vic.

First rd got through 12 holes before being rained off. Second round 25 points and was hitting it side ways and couldn't find the bottom of the cup with a very cold putter.

3rd game back yesterday, only had 28 points, which is very average, but I parred the last 5 holes.

Tee to green started to return, putter is still colder than a witches t#t though.

WBennett
18th October 2021, 10:27 AM
Comp was back after 2 months

Saturday was windy as hell, and I ended up with 32 points with no luck.

Sunday's are now a 9 hole comp off the white course

When you have 3 shots, and use them to make a triple, a double and a bogey, it's gonna be a tough day

NewyMitch
18th October 2021, 11:00 AM
34 points yesterday, game was solid but let myself down with 3 penalty strokes. The putter was solid but just couldn't make a birdie despite hitting 8 GIR.

LeftyHoges
18th October 2021, 04:07 PM
**** golf.

3Puttpete
18th October 2021, 04:17 PM
**** golf.

On a Monday?

Steve57
18th October 2021, 06:59 PM
**** golf. New putter obviously not enough to save the round!

LeftyHoges
18th October 2021, 08:35 PM
On a Monday?Every day.
New putter obviously not enough to save the round!Driver, and my underwhelming basic fitness / hydration levels. Problematic.

jimandr
20th October 2021, 05:26 PM
I scored 24 points today, and I've never been so happy with such a low score.

This thread https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/38991-L.S-S.I-Joints-Thread/page2, and post 39 in particular, explains where I was at, for those who are puzzled by my positivity.

I got the green light to start golf again last week, with instructions to take it slowly and easily. I was sore for a few days, but found a slightly less painful method, and decided to jump in at the deep end and play today.

I was making half backswings and trying not to use much body movement and follow through. It's my right hip that hurts and is stopping a full range of movement. So, it was 3 hybrid half swings off the tee, and mostly more 3 hybrids, then chip and run from inside about 70m. The really good 3 hybrids were going about 150 if I timed the strike perfectly.

In the end, I got the technique worked out and hit a few really good shots, and it turned out to be quite frustrating to take two in a bunker on 17, and then 3 putt 18 to finish wipe wipe.

So far, my injury doesn't feel any worse, so I may have survived.

For anyone struggling with their motivation, may I recommend having an enforced break due to injury, when you can't play golf even if you want to. It makes you really want to start playing again, and you enjoy the good ones so much more when you hit them.

I can't wait to get back out there, but I know I can't rush things.

3Puttpete
20th October 2021, 05:58 PM

This thread https://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/38991-L.S-S.I-Joints-Thread/page2, and post 39 in particular, explains where I was at, for those who are puzzled by my positivity.

I got the green light to start golf again last week, with instructions to take it slowly and easily. I was sore for a few days, but found a slightly less painful method, and decided to jump in at the deep end and play today.

I was making half backswings and trying not to use much body movement and follow through. It's my right hip that hurts and is stopping a full range of movement. So, it was 3 hybrid half swings off the tee, and mostly more 3 hybrids, then chip and run from inside about 70m. The really good 3 hybrids were going about 150 if I timed the strike perfectly.

In the end, I got the technique worked out and hit a few really good shots, and it turned out to be quite frustrating to take two in a bunker on 17, and then 3 putt 18 to finish wipe wipe.

For anyone struggling with their motivation, may I recommend having an enforced break due to injury, when you can't play golf even if you want to. It makes you really want to start playing again, and you enjoy the good ones so much more when you hit them.

Next stop, Friday night dances at the rissole?

thecollective
20th October 2021, 08:01 PM

'Well its golf Jim but not as we know it'

jimandr
20th October 2021, 09:52 PM
'Well its golf Jim but not as we know it'

It might be a proper preview of golf as a genuine senior. I had to use a cart, I was just bunting the ball down the fairway, putting whenever I could within 5 metres of the green, and when the ball got into the hole, I couldn't fully bend over to get the ball out of the hole.

I'm tempted to ask in the pro shop whether anyone has one of those suction cups or hooks you put on the end of your putter to retrieve the ball from the hole. My pro shop hasn't got any. I asked.

Flavzz
22nd October 2021, 01:34 PM
Friday comp at Thaxted today. 34 points off 11. Played pretty well despite the first 7 holes. Played 8-17 in +2 so that was nice.
BBBBBXDPP PPBPBPBbD

I think my practice on the range is paying off. Also a few tweaks in the bag appear to be working.

AndyP
23rd October 2021, 08:29 AM
17/10/2021, Wolston Park, Social.

SG vs Scratch: Driving -3.5, Approach -6.3, Short -1.6, Putting -1.8 => -13.2.
Score: BPBBBPBPP PBPPPXXXB; 40:42:82 (+5:+10:+15).
Played to 18.0. SCH: 8.6 (-0.0).

Busy week, so I hadn't had the chance to offload my round until now. I wasn't playing that well, but managed to keep the scorecard tidy with only pars and bogeys for the first 14. I was enjoying trying to put a bit more swing speed into the driver, with good results overall, after a backyard session swinging hard during the week, and range session the day before.

Unfortunately, I had a little disaster run after 14, which isn't the first time recently.
15 - Put a hybrid down the right side of the fairway, but the ball could not be found. Guy behind hits up on us. Double.
16 - Pulled tee shot to adjoining fairway, then rush chunked a chip on the next hole's adjoining fairway trying not to hold up the single in front of us, who was slow. Double.
17 - To kick me while down, the attached photo was the result of my next drive.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211022/48934e3fe12b0de2eff79a3ed7820b1a.jpg

Unplayable. Drop. Guy behind hits over my position. Hit back in play, shank wedge approach, mentally give the hole away. Quadruple.

It is a struggle playing Sunday golf as a pair behind the slow social players, particularly an afternoon round. The greens are chopped up by then, so some good putts aren't rewarded. We are considering taking the drastic measure of playing in the comp on Saturday instead.

Next round: First off at Wolly World tomorrow, so it will be a fast front nine and potentially torturous back nine.

WBennett
23rd October 2021, 06:33 PM
83 off the stick for 35 points, with 3 7s

My punch out game needs work. Every fairway missed was a double after the ball came back to me on my second.

BobsYourUncle
23rd October 2021, 06:48 PM
Scraped in to 8th (and last) place for our club champs finals. Playing the #1 qualifier (last year's champ) tomorrow. Will need to play better than I played today.

AndyP
23rd October 2021, 07:42 PM
Scraped in to 8th (and last) place for our club champs finals. Playing the #1 qualifier (last year's champ) tomorrow. Will need to play better than I played today.Good luck!

Flavzz
23rd October 2021, 08:05 PM
Scraped in to 8th (and last) place for our club champs finals. Playing the #1 qualifier (last year's champ) tomorrow. Will need to play better than I played today. Good luck mate!

JoeS
23rd October 2021, 11:21 PM
How good is golf. Fi ally got out today with some of the Olinda members, we played some match play as comp is a no go ATM.I gave 36 shots to one player and 7 to another. All up I played well, beat the first player on the 12th, and went on to beat the second player 2up. Considering no golf for 4 months, my short game was on song, with a new putter grip and stroke to help with the chipping.
1 birdie
10 over , 81/71
23 putts(no concedes)
7/8 up and downs

Flavzz
24th October 2021, 03:12 PM
Had a personal best today at Thaxted and one of my best rounds ever.
41 points off 12, (41 front /38 back) 79 (+7) off the stick.
Putted great and did enough everywhere else to put a decent score together.
2 birdies
8 pars
7 bogeys
1 double

BbBBPPBPD BPPPPbBPB

I feel like this has been a long time coming. Starting to hit the ball well especially off the tee and getting up and down more often. Overall very happy and hoping to consolidate this with a few more sub 80 rounds in the near future.

AndyP
24th October 2021, 03:20 PM
Nice one, Flavzz

chappy1970
24th October 2021, 03:30 PM
Had a personal best today at Thaxted and one of my best rounds ever.
41 points off 12, (41 front /38 back) 79 (+7) off the stick.
Putted great and did enough everywhere else to put a decent score together.
2 birdies
8 pars
7 bogeys
1 double

BbBBPPBPD BPPPPbBPB

I feel like this has been a long time coming. Starting to hit the ball well especially off the tee and getting up and down more often. Overall very happy and hoping to consolidate this with a few more sub 80 rounds in the near future.Nice work Flavzz

My return to the game post lockdown end in Melbourne, continues to improve.

33 points today, not amazing, but an improvement on the 25 and 28, from previous weeks. Put a different putter in the bag, one I typically turn to to get some putts rolling and it mostly worked.

Good times

Kelsey86
24th October 2021, 03:47 PM
Nice one Flavzz!

I had a personal best as well but not an overall one, just at the particular course we played in the social club today. 95/75 at Gailes. Front 9 better than the back.

I am seeing improvement from the lessons although I've only had two, despite the scores. I've been hitting more greens from 150 in which has been good. My miss is usually an over fade right, I've managed to get rid of the really bad slice, today I could feel a blister starting to form on my right ring finger from the interlocking grip, and it was making me reluctant to turn that hand over properly at impact. I changed it to overlap later in the round than I should have but it resulted in much straighter shots. Might keep up with that next round and see how I go.

Next round Friday arvo, then a lesson Sunday morning before another round.

AndyP
24th October 2021, 03:59 PM
24/10/2021, Wolston Park, Social.

SG vs Scratch: Driving -3.5, Approach -1.6, Short -0.1, Putting -3.1 => -8.3.
Score: PBPXPPPXB BPBPPPPBB; 41:36:77 (+6:+4:+10).
Played to 12.7. SCH: 8.6 (-0.0).

Bad driving to start, including a lost (or stolen) ball on the fourth adding two shots to my score. The surprise of the day was the iron approaches turning up for a change, as I hit 7/9 greens on the back nine. Unfortunately, I let myself down with a few concentration lapses on a couple of short putts making them 3 putt bogeys, after putting well at the start of the round.

Maybe there is some hope that things are coming good again, maybe not.

Next round: First off at Wolly World again next week. Today's pace of play was much better than last week.

LeftyHoges
24th October 2021, 06:26 PM
You guys in lockdown don't know how good you've had it, not having the option to play golf.

Lucky pricks.

WBennett
27th October 2021, 12:54 PM
Wednesday comp, perfect morning into a lovely day.

11 pars, 6 bogies and a wipe, where my 2nd to our par 5 ended up in a divot and I wasn't good enough to carry the lake from in it. 37 points.

Missed two short birdies, but made bombs on 5, 6, 7, 8, 13 and 17. All up, would say putter saved many more strokes than it cost.

Now to the Fairbairn Open, RMC Open, Club Champs and a month of stroke events.

Dcanto
27th October 2021, 04:45 PM
Wednesday comp, perfect morning into a lovely day.11 pars, 6 bogies and a wipe, where my 2nd to our par 5 ended up in a divot and I wasn't good enough to carry the lake from in it. 37 points.Missed two short birdies, but made bombs on 5, 6, 7, 8, 13 and 17. All up, would say putter saved many more strokes than it cost.Now to the Fairbairn Open, RMC Open, Club Champs and a month of stroke events. Good one.

jimandr
27th October 2021, 05:52 PM
My golfing rehab continued today, and as far as the score is concerned, it is complete. I recorded 34 points, which I might be happy with when fully fit. I am utterly overjoyed with this score considering my physical condition.

I am still not fully mobile, swinging about 3/4 length backswing and not really trying to swing with any power. I used driver and all the other clubs with success. Still only driving about 170, but when you hit every fairway and get all the next shots somewhere near where you want, scoring is fairly straightforward.

All I wanted was get out on the course and enjoy it, but a good score makes it even nicer. I was a bit sore, even with the use of a cart, so there is still some way to go. But, with some difficulty I can play golf again, and thats all I want. Good times.

3Puttpete
27th October 2021, 07:11 PM
My golfing rehab continued today, and as far as the score is concerned, it is complete. I recorded 34 points, which I might be happy with when fully fit. I am utterly overjoyed with this score considering my physical condition.

I am still not fully mobile, swinging about 3/4 length backswing and not really trying to swing with any power. I used driver and all the other clubs with success. Still only driving about 170, but when you hit every fairway and get all the next shots somewhere near where you want, scoring is fairly straightforward.

All I wanted was get out on the course and enjoy it, but a good score makes it even nicer. I was a bit sore, even with the use of a cart, so there is still some way to go. But, with some difficulty I can play golf again, and thats all I want. Good times.

One seventy straighty doesn’t work Jim. Get longer.

backintheswing
27th October 2021, 09:11 PM
One eighty straighty is where it's at

3Puttpete
29th October 2021, 07:16 PM
25 points in a magnificent display of spraying it like a cat with Kelsey86 at Oxley today.

Kelsey86
29th October 2021, 08:42 PM
32 points for me today, wasn't too bad at spraying it myself 😂 but I am slowly getting the hang of what I'm learning in the lessons. Third one on Sunday morning before another round.

Dcanto
29th October 2021, 09:01 PM
25 points in a magnificent display of spraying it like a cat with Kelsey86 at Oxley today. Beats being at work.

Kelsey86
29th October 2021, 09:42 PM
Yeah definitely beats working haha. Was a fun arvo

3Puttpete
29th October 2021, 10:19 PM
Beats being at work.

Too right. Public holidays are the best.

LeftyHoges
30th October 2021, 08:31 AM
Beats being at work.I heartily disagree.

shazza_rs
30th October 2021, 03:01 PM
81/68 for me today

1 bird

Greens were slow so left a lot of putts short online today….

3Puttpete
30th October 2021, 03:45 PM
81/68 for me today

1 bird

Greens were slow so left a lot of putts short online today….

I hit em all off line. Didn’t matter how far they went.

shazza_rs
30th October 2021, 04:40 PM
There’s a reason your handle is 4PP

3Puttpete
30th October 2021, 04:45 PM
There’s a reason your handle is 4PP

Because PeteyD is an ahole [emoji3]

LeftyHoges
30th October 2021, 05:12 PM
Because PeteyD is an ahole [emoji3]The ahole of the people!

PeteyD
31st October 2021, 06:27 AM
Facts! [emoji28]

JoeS
31st October 2021, 10:09 AM
33 points yesterday. The storm on Thursday night has left trees down, the club without power, and a big mess to be cleaned up.Some of the trees that have come down will change the way some of the holes will get played.The course was closed Friday so they could make it safe.Greens didn't get mowed and the cups were still in the same place as last week.Other than that, course was in great condition.

Flavzz
31st October 2021, 01:15 PM
34 points (18/16) at Thaxted today. Couldn't quite back up my sub 80 round from last week. My iron play wasn't good. Hardly hit a green in reg but scrambled pretty well and got up and down quite a lot for pars or bogeys. Driving and putting were pretty good.

Kelsey86
31st October 2021, 03:30 PM
32 points again at Oxley today in pretty windy conditions. The putter saved me today, couldn't hit a fairway or green to save my life, but 27 putts without a 3 putt kept the score respectable. 12 putts on the front 9 was pretty handy for 19 points at the turn. Lost my swing a bit on the back 9, along with a few dodgy lies that didn't help.
However, considering the conditions and the whole swing rebuild I'm in the early stages of, I'm not disappointed. At least I'm starting to find some consistency, and accuracy inside 150m is improved which helps too.

AndyP
31st October 2021, 03:37 PM
31/10/2021, Wolston Park, Blue Tees, Social.

SG vs Scratch: Driving -0.9, Approach -4.4, Short +1.5, Putting +1.6 => -2.2.
Score: PBBPPPPBP BbPPPPPXb; 38:33:71 (+3:+1:+4).
Played to 6.3. SCH: 8.0 (-0.6).

I finally had a decent round today, and the best since the start of June. Short game was the hero of the day, with some great chipping and putting. It's the lack of really shitty shots that keeps the scorecard tidier though.

Next round: Standard Sunday morning social.

Flavzz
31st October 2021, 03:39 PM
31/10/2021, Wolston Park, Blue Tees, Social.SG vs Scratch: Driving -0.9, Approach -4.4, Short +1.5, Putting +1.6 => -2.2.Score: PBBPPPPBP BbPPPPPXb; 38:33:71 (+3:+1:+4).Played to 6.3. SCH: 8.0 (-0.6).I finally had a decent round today, and the best since the start of June. Short game was the hero of the day, with some great chipping and putting. It's the lack of really shitty shots that keeps the scorecard tidier though.Next round: Standard Sunday morning social. Great round Andy!

WBennett
31st October 2021, 03:59 PM
Fairbairn Open.

The most improved course in town hosted the first post lockdown open event.

Course was in magnificent condition, with extremely firm and fast greens that took some getting used to.

Saturday was a struggle, with 46-44-90/83 and me wondering how it all went so wrong.

Day 2 today, and the same battles were being had on and around the greens.

Was 9 over after 8, and decided to slightly change grip pressure on putting, then played the last 10 in even par, with two birdies.

44-35-79/72 was a much better effort and result.

Bigbad
4th November 2021, 09:32 AM
Decent round last week.
https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=54646&stc=1

Dcanto
4th November 2021, 02:29 PM
Decent round last week.https://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=54646&stc=1 Well done.